English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 16 June 2021, 20:53   #1
rhotax

Lightbulb Two action as one button?

There are consoles where for "jump" action there's a special button. You press one button to jump.
In Amiga, to jump you have to move joystick up and press button.

I have standard gamepad. He has many buttons.
Is there a way to configure keymapping in WinUAE, so that when I press one button in gamepad he will execute two acions: joystick up and joystick button?
Old 16 June 2021, 21:25   #2
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhotax View Post
There are consoles where for "jump" action there's a special button. You press one button to jump.
In Amiga, to jump you have to move joystick up and press button.
Nope, it depends from game. Only few games have such jump and there are games for Amiga which have option to jump on 2nd button.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhotax View Post
I have standard gamepad. He has many buttons.
Configure it as CD32 joypad, which have 7 buttons. And see on this list if this game have not more buttons support.
Old 17 June 2021, 00:58   #3
rhotax

Ok, how about an answer to my question? Can I assume that you're saying that it is impossible (in WinUAE) to set such a.. keymapping (joy Up + button as one button)?

PS
In my case I use popular "Golden Axe" as an example game. In manual for some consoles it has "jump" button for jump.
Old 17 June 2021, 07:40   #4
Solo Kazuki

About mapping two actions for one button i cannot help You because i never need it (so never done it). I just told You other solution.

Yes, Golden Axe is one of these games, but... it could be one button as jump with WHDLoad in near future. Of course if someone from WHDLoad Team do this.
Old 17 June 2021, 08:00   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Game ports panel, select any custom options (joystick/mouse preset menus), click Remap, click Remap again, set base mapping. Then you can manually add more input mappings if needed.

Input panel can be also used but it is difficult to use.
Old 19 June 2021, 19:10   #6
rhotax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Game ports panel, select any custom options (joystick/mouse preset menus), click Remap, click Remap again, set base mapping. Then you can manually add more input mappings if needed.

Input panel can be also used but it is difficult to use.
I'm not sure if we understand each other.

WinUAE let me do something like this:
- Here it is AMIGA Joystick UP - choose what button on your gamepad you wish for AMIGA Joystick UP.
- And here is is AMIGA joystick button - choose what button on your gamepad you wish for AMIGA joystick button.

But I want something opposite:
- Here it is my Gamepad button nr 6 - I want to assign to that button AMIGA Joystick UP and AMIGA Joystick button, together.
Old 24 June 2021, 21:36   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Oops, I thought you wanted the opposite.

Game Ports panel won't support this (one input event generating multiple input targets. Multiple input sources can generate same input target event)

You need to use Input panel. Select configuration #1-3, click remap, press game pad button you want to remap. Select Amiga event. This is first Amiga event that happens when button is pressed. Then click button that shows number "1" and change it to "2", then select another event using the same menu you used to select first event.

Now when you press selected button, event "1" is generated, then immediately after event "2" is also generated. (and in opposite order when button is released).
Old 25 June 2021, 21:09   #8
rhotax

That's it!
Thank you very much!