English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 24 June 2022, 00:42   #1
CoruptAI125

Found an Amiga and some other related things, need help identifying and pricing

Hey everyone, hope this is alright. I've been lurking the board for a few days trying to find answers on my own but I think it's best to make a thread now. I bought an Amiga 500 (I believe) on facebook marketplace and I'm wondering how I should price them for auction on eBay. I also picked up something called a Trumpcard which I can't find much about as well as a controller. I'm hoping the experts here can give me some pointers about price and condition etc. I didn't get a power supply or monitor, just these 3 items with now cords.

Thanks, I'll be checking back here religiously in hope of a reply.

Old 24 June 2022, 01:21   #2
aeberbach

So, first post, you picked up some Amiga stuff on Facebook and want to flip it on eBay. You're not sure what it is but you want to find out to get the highest price.

Can't imagine why you don't have heaps of helpful replies already.

Simple fact is a straight auction is likely to do well whether you know what you have or not because the people looking for this stuff know what it is and there are a few of them about.
Old 24 June 2022, 02:07   #3
CoruptAI125

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeberbach View Post
So, first post, you picked up some Amiga stuff on Facebook and want to flip it on eBay. You're not sure what it is but you want to find out to get the highest price.

Can't imagine why you don't have heaps of helpful replies already.

Simple fact is a straight auction is likely to do well whether you know what you have or not because the people looking for this stuff know what it is and there are a few of them about.

I can understand why you're annoyed but really I don't know what I have. I didn't post to be annoying. I genuinely have no idea what the Trumpcard is, or what I should check on the amiga itself, etc. I've tried looking the trumpcard up but there really isn't much info honestly.

If this is the wrong way to go about asking for help let me know, but I just don't know what to look for. What should I take pictures of? What are people looking for in an amiga 500? Things like that.
Old 24 June 2022, 06:00   #4
amiman99

On Ebay just state this:

Amiga 500 with Trumpcard 500 AT, Untested, no power supply, with CD32 controller, sold AS-IS.

Do as an Auction instead "Buy It Now", people who know will bid accordingly.
Old 24 June 2022, 07:48   #5
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoruptAI125 View Post
I've tried looking the trumpcard up but there really isn't much info honestly.
Don't know how you looked it up, but this was the first result for me: http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/trumpcard500at
Old 24 June 2022, 09:29   #6
CoruptAI125

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCD View Post
Don't know how you looked it up, but this was the first result for me: http://amiga.resource.cx/exp/trumpcard500at
I did see that page but I don't really understand how it works. Still everyone else is likely right and I can list with the names, not tested, as-is.
Old 24 June 2022, 09:41   #7
Predseda
Puttymoon inhabitant

Send a message via ICQ to Predseda
Quote:
I did see that page but I don't really understand how it works. Still everyone else is likely right and I can list with the names, not tested, as-is.
It is an external enclosure for a harddisk to be attached to Amiga 500.
Old 24 June 2022, 10:36   #8
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

They made millions and millions of A500s you won't get much for the main unit untested.

All 3 units covered in dirt probably means they were probably stored in a garage. The A500 looks like it has a rust mark on it. Possibly and indication it has been exposed to moisture at some point and unlikely to work well without being restored.

Give 'em a damn good clean, sell as untested. Maybe you'll get lucky. Depends what you paid for them as to whether you'll make a profit. I suspect you will.
Old 24 June 2022, 22:32   #9
CoruptAI125

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
They made millions and millions of A500s you won't get much for the main unit untested.

All 3 units covered in dirt probably means they were probably stored in a garage. The A500 looks like it has a rust mark on it. Possibly and indication it has been exposed to moisture at some point and unlikely to work well without being restored.

Give 'em a damn good clean, sell as untested. Maybe you'll get lucky. Depends what you paid for them as to whether you'll make a profit. I suspect you will.
Thanks, I think that's what I'll do. Clean em up and sell them together untested.
Old 25 June 2022, 00:17   #10
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Thanks, I think that's what I'll do. Clean em up and sell them together untested.
YHPM! Bromigo!