English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 10 February 2002, 19:53   #1
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Name the game

Hi,

here's another one. Got that one from a French newsgroup and I would really know what game he's looking for. Some parts sound really interesting, so here's the original:

Quote:
Musique : sublime, de David Wittaker.
1er écran : un cosmonaute genre navette spaciale, est dans un ascenseur, il commence au niveau le plus bas.
2ème écran : on choisit parmis 3 droids celui qui va aller débarrasser l'étage des zones radioactives. Selon le droid on a plus de portée de tir, plus d'autonomie, etc.
La vue est 2D, vue de dessus, on avance case par case et on se balade dans l'étage du vaisseau, on doit détruire des objets contaminés et refroidir le réacteur en poussant des fûts dans des conduits...
Quand on a finit le niveau, retour au cosmonote, l'ascenseur monte d'un étage et on recommence un autre niveau.
OK, now let's practice some French-to-English translation
(RCK, you may correct me in case I translate plain rubbish, of course )

Music: excellent, by David Whittaker.
1st screen: a spaceman of the "spaceship" genre is inside an elevator, starting at the lowest level.
2nd screen: you have to choose between 3 droids the one who is going to clean up the level which consists of radioactive zones. Depending on the droid that you chose before, you have an increased shooting range, you're more on your own ... and so on.
The view is 2D, from above (well, bird's-eye view or not? Not sure...) you advance step by step and you walk on the level of the spaceship, you have to destroy contaminated objects and to refrigerate the reactor again by pushing barrels into the ducts...

When you've finished the level, you will find yourself back in the elevator in spaceman view (just like in the 1st screen) and you restart at another level.
thanks RCK for this part
Maybe someone can help with this...

Last edited by andreas; 10 February 2002 at 23:21.
Old 10 February 2002, 20:49   #2
Andrew

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew
i think it's.....

Sounds like a game called "Quadralien" to me. correct me if i'm wrong anyone.
Old 10 February 2002, 23:19   #3
andreas
Zone Friend

That's definitely it! Thanks!

Could anyone please upload a standalone version? I have this game, but crammed on a compilation disk with lots of stuff ripped away ... thank you very much in advance.

Last edited by andreas; 02 July 2003 at 15:01.
Old 11 February 2002, 01:20   #4
Andrew

Send a message via Yahoo to Andrew
Glad to help.

There are two original copies fully boxed in a local shop for £3. Think I might go buy it
Old 11 February 2002, 03:32   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Hehe...I even have 2 or 3 boxed copies of the game!
Old 11 February 2002, 11:15   #6
andreas
Zone Friend

There's a WHDLOAD installer on the homepage (done by Bored Seal), so if you have too much spare time, you could create a HD-installable version. It is ages better than the "compilation version" in any case
Old 11 February 2002, 18:27   #7
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

oh dear!

the scrolling will hurt your eyes... dont put yourself through the pain
Old 12 February 2002, 11:40   #8
andreas
Zone Friend

Cool

OK, I've just uploaded another compilation someone has pointed me to - it's already TOSECized, but this version is different, for it's modified by me!
The TOSEC version had a broken menu (only menu item 1 appeared) and was full to the brim, so you couldn't even get a system-configuration on it anymore! I've now removed the CLIMate-ish .fastdir files so I had more space now and could cram a system-configuration on it.

NOTE: This version of Quadralien requires an A500 configuration and Kickstart 2.0 or 3.1!
1.3 will either invoke a GURU (0.8.8) or an abnormal program termination (0.8.17)!!