English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Modules

Old 27 January 2022, 03:54   #1
ImmortalA1000

A Fistful of Dollars Amiga MOD?

I heard what is clearly a tracker based version being played on an Atari ST (not STE i.e. with software sample playback on ST) but can find no results with google for any mention of an Amiga MOD.

It's not that good, the flute sample used is VERY naff but hey at least if someone had the mod they could replace the samples with accurate ones.
Old 28 January 2022, 12:34   #2
Axxy

https://amp.dascene.net/downmod.php?index=15968 by Doh is the closest I could find.
Old 29 January 2022, 21:10   #3
ImmortalA1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxy View Post
https://amp.dascene.net/downmod.php?index=15968 by Doh is the closest I could find.
Thanks but it's way off within the first 10 seconds hmmm did this guy have a secret love for church organs? lol

The one I heard is almost all the same instruments as in the real music, in scratchy-o-STFM audio quality. I believe it was by 'Sparky' but I only have an SNDH YM player sound file of it and not a .MOD. I presume this AY/YM chiptune player is how that MOD would sound using TCB's 4 channel software based tracker so maybe I can find the MOD file somewhere. I presume that's what the dual ST/Amiga release comment is about.
Old 29 January 2022, 22:41   #4
CodyJarrett
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalA1000 View Post
Thanks but it's way off within the first 10 seconds hmmm did this guy have a secret love for church organs? lol
Church organs do make a memorable appearance in the For a Few Dollars More soundtrack so perhaps that was an influence!
Old 05 February 2022, 03:00   #5
ImmortalA1000

Nope if you listen to the tune it's a typical 'rush job' grab any instrument and shove it in anywhere even though it is completely wrong sort of instrument MOD. The section being played on the church organ is meant to be played on a flute or piccolo

At least the ST tune uses the correct flutes not church organs, hell the C64 SID rendition via ADSR fixed waveforms sounds closer to the original....although the C64 always did do a mean flute in the right hands.

I did check out the actual soundtrack after watching the movie. It might be possible with an editor to isolate some samples but none of my real Amiga gear is out and I don't like writing music in trackers. In the case of this tune though probably less memory hungry if you can get individual instrument samples isolated from the soundtrack rather than looped/sequenced 5-10 second samples (works great on computer sequenced music/soundtracks of 90s onwards!).

I wouldn't mind doing it properly as a youtube video diary project...take 1 soundtrack CD, and Amiga sampler and a tracker program and make a sequenced/MOD'd version of a tune for any 512k Amiga (and therefore Amiga 1000 which is my own Amiga for daily use as the Zorro RAM adaptor is a bit suspect at the moment!!).

(no luck on finding the original ST tracker file so perhaps it's in a demo....needs more investigating but at this point it's another tune to add to the 'never done properly on Amiga' like Hall of the Mountain king classical piece without the last 1/3 of the tune missing)
Old 05 May 2022, 00:12   #6
Grazey

The ST composition was done using Quartet by Microdeal. That’s why you can’t find a MOD. I wrote a Quartet to SNDH converter.

http://sndh.atari.org/tools.php

Grazey.
Old 24 May 2022, 09:20   #7
ImmortalA1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grazey View Post
The ST composition was done using Quartet by Microdeal. That’s why you can’t find a MOD. I wrote a Quartet to SNDH converter.

http://sndh.atari.org/tools.php

Grazey.
Thanks

I did ask on various Atari ST forums but nobody could find the original file. I wanted to play it back on an STE to get rid of the crackle on the YM/AY file I had of the tune.

I personally prefer to use multipoint loops from a couple of samples to make a song, it saves 50-75% of your sound channels for a game engine
Old 19 February 2023, 19:38   #8
Grazey

here's the 4V and SET files, guess these will load on the Amiga.

http://d-bug.me/shw/sparky.zip

Grazey