can someone please tell me where to get the following games
dirty cash
soccer rivals
cheers duckieegg

Old 14 June 2001, 15:35   #2
Ian
Global Moderator

Both these are ...

Shown on Old Memories, which leads me to belive that they definetly were on Amiga, sadly for you though Duckieegg there isn't a link to a web site that has them.
Old 14 June 2001, 15:42   #3
Gibby

Big grin Soccer Rivals deffinitely exists.

I have deffinitely played Soccer Rivals. I try to play ANY football game to see what it is like and I have almost certainly played a game of this title.

I'm not really sure what it was - if my terrible memory was to do a little overtime it'd probably say it was a managment game, it was pretty basic, the background may have been blue.... NO, GREEN, and the buttons were fairly big and one thing that sticks out in my mind is being able to look at your league standing as a graph over a few seasons. So it took league + place into account on the graph.

Or I am remembering a completely different game

Sadly I have never found Soccer Rivals either.

Old 14 June 2001, 22:10   #4
Warlock99
Webmaster of AmigaRarities

Eek dirty cash & soccer rivals

I don't believe it! A game that twistin and codejarrett haven't heard of ; )

Dirty cash is a PD fruit machine game, which was made with AMOS. It was licenced by deja vu software. It was a decent game for an amos title. I'm surprised no one knew about this one.

Soccer rivals appears to be based on a board game of the same name and was released by D & H Games and it certainly does appear to be a football management type game.

I have both of these. I was just in the middle of uploading stuff to my site so I've added these too. Use these links to download them.

http://andyrare.topcities.com/games/dirtycas.zip

http://andyrare.topcities.com/games/socceriv.zip

I had to click the links with the right button for them to work on Internet explorer, but they are correct.
Old 15 June 2001, 12:14   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Oh, well then a little clarification:

"Dirty Cash"
This I have heard of, I was just not thinking of Deja Vu Licenseware, which walks that ever fine line between commercial and PD/shareware. I don't know why I never considered PD/SW/LW regarding those two titles, but I feel silly since I should have at least known this one! But I don't believe I had it in my collection, so good call on posting it. Do you have more licenseware stuff, Andy?

"Soccer Rivals"
OK, even after downloading and giving the game a quickie once-over, it's still a new one on me. I'm not sure if D&H Games was a full-blown commercial publisher or Licenseware (their titles received cracks from the likes of Quartex and Angels/DefJam...), but in 1991 (the year "Soccer Rivals" was released), they released at least four other sports titles: "Cricket Captain", "Football Director II", "Multi-Player Soccer Manager", and "Rugby Coach" - all of which were graded in Amiga Power (can't recall if they were reviewed or not, but I have ratings for them...) And they were all created in AMOS. Of the five D&H titles discussed here, I am only missing "Rugby Coach".

So all in all, it was a very educational journey into obscure Amiga games!
Old 15 June 2001, 18:52   #6
Warlock99

Rugby coach etc

Yes, I do have quite a bit of licenceware, but not as much as I'd like. A lot of these games seem to be long lost, forgotten or maybe just unfinished. I'd like to see full versions of games like dark angel and green 5 and quite a few others. Tell me if your searching for any mate.

I think D & H may have been a company that sold their games purely by mail, although I might be wrong, I do remember seeing quite a lot of their adverts in mags, but I never seen their games in the shops.

I've uploaded your missing D & H game, rugby coach:-

http://andyrare.topcities.com/games/rugbycoa.zip

Hmm...I've just realised that I'm missing multi-player soccer manager, any chance of emailing me this one mate!
Old 15 June 2001, 21:17   #7
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Very productive thread, this. And a discussion on a publisher I never expected to see discussed. I can almost sense a D&H page at Andy's Amiga Rarities...hehehe. Now we fanatics should have the 1991 collection of D&H games.

'Green 5" would be a great find if we could snake a full version, for sure. I still have faith that one day a copy will surface. Wasn't there an F1 Licenseware CD released? If so, tell me where to get it and I will buy the bloody thing!
Old 16 June 2001, 09:55   #8
duckieegg

Smile soccer rivals+dirty cash

hi board
i just like to say thanks to everyone regarding my request, i know this is on the wrong page but can someone tell me how to convert dms to adf? please
thanks again duckieegg

Old 16 June 2001, 21:02   #9
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

This is a quick and simple little tool that I find invaluable. It's a DOS program, so I hope that doesn't scare you off. On the upside, you can type

DMS2ADF FlynnsLoveDemo.dms FlynnsLoveDemo.adf

and it will create the Windows long filename, so at least you needn't muck about with all of that 8+3 crap.

<Ian>
Attachment removed, if you need this handy tool, place a request in the apps section for DMS2ADF
</ian>

Last edited by Ian; 12 October 2001 at 00:13.
Old 18 June 2001, 00:36   #10
Warlock99

F1 cd

Yes, I have a f1 licenceware cd, the only problem is, is that it only has titles 1-100 on it. I'm not sure if there's others too.

I think epic online might have the 1-100 cd or weird science.

http://www.epiconline.co.uk/

http://www.weirdscience.co.uk/

Does anybody know if there were other cd's? I'm also interested in any other licenceware cd's by other companies.