English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinFellow

Old 30 January 2015, 13:43   #1
Arknell

Problem using the "O" key in Winfellow (Legend of Faerghail)

Hello! I recently tried Winfellow to be able to play "Legend of Faerghail" in Windows 7.

I get into the game, the music works, creating characters work, it's wonderful. However, when using Winfellow's standard "Keyboard Layout 1" under the "Gameport" tab, I find that insinde the game, when I'm in the wilderness, I can't press "O" and save the game, like the manual claims. I tried all other keys, and found other shortcuts working ("Rest", "Dismiss", "Lay Trap" etc).

If I can't use a button to save, I can't progress in the game without playing it through in one sitting. So, how can I get the "O" key to work?

It says in the Winfellow "Gameport" tab that O = autofire 0. Does that mean "O" can't be used as a keyboard shortcut in the game? All the other ones seem to work ("C" for continue, "U" for Use Item, etc).

Does this have to do with me having to run "InstHD" to get the game placed on a harddrive? When I start the Faerghail game through Winfellow, after the opening credits I get taken to the Amiga Workbench, with three folders on its space (image attached below). The lowest folder, "Legend.0", starts the game, while the two others called "Legend.1" contains a "Format"-shortcut, "InstHD", and "Transfer".

Do I need to do something with these shortcuts in order to be able to save my progress in "Legend of Faerghail"?

Do I need to ask this in some other forum as well? Grateful for response.

I hope to be able to run this game and later show my brother when he comes over, he will just lose his mind when he sees Faerghail running for the first time in 25 years.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WFvJc1X.jpg
Views:	962
Size:	46.7 KB
ID:	43077  

Old 01 February 2015, 13:58   #2
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Does the "O" key work in other games, CLI, etc.?

Does saving the game via one of the other methods listed in the manual work?