Old 02 February 2016, 23:42   #1
radd91

FS-UAE - Settlers [1993] Game crashes

Hello!

Im a newbie in Amiga emulation. I want play in Settlers from 1993. I have:

-Windows 10 64x
-FS-UAE Emulator
-many of Kickstars ROMS
- Settlers game ( files witch .ADF extantion)

So I try many configuration and play the game, but I have crashes - game while running and then get a black screen or graphical errors. Can you tell me what is the best configuration for this game? What Kickstars is best for it. And maybe I something omitted, and it would be necessary. I appreciate the help

Old 03 February 2016, 00:27   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

Hi, for most games, the most compatible configuration is to leave everything at *defaults*. This is what you get when you click on the new configuration button. The exception is AGA games, where you should instead switch to the A1200 model.

Then you you just insert the floppies into the floppy drives and start FS-UAE. (For some games - when using the default settings - you must limit yourself to using only one or two floppy drives, or the game might fail to due insufficient chip memory).

You *should not* select a kickstart manually, FS-UAE will find the most appropriate one for the model you have chosen automatically. If you don't have the recommended kickstart for a given Amiga model, you should consider getting it...

I'd say this is the basics - in general. There are always exceptions ;-) But I think these advices also applies to the Settlers. I don't see any special configuration on http://oagd.net/amiga/the-settlers/edit.
Old 21 February 2016, 00:28   #3
Cylon

If you only have ADFs then the game itself might be buggy, because without a manual you cannot start playing the original game - so it must be a cracked version. The original settlers game can handle anything from a (real) A500/1meg to an A4000/060 without hickups.