English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 24 September 2001, 19:40   #1
Bad Mr Frosty

Does anyone have these TOSEC disks?

Hi,

My first post! I have just got back into the Amiga scene after a year or so`s break and have discovered the TOSEC dat`s. I decided to rename my ADF`s only to discover a lot of my multi-disk games would have some disks not reconised. I have downloaded new sets from loads of different places but can`t seem to find these:

Beavers (1993)(Grandslam)(AGA)[cr Paradox](Disk 2 of 3).zipGot (Thanks Twistin'Ghost)
Heimdall 2 (1994)(Core Design)(M4)[cr TRSI](Disk 2 of 4).zip
Heimdall 2 (1994)(Core Design)(M4)[cr TRSI](Disk 4 of 4).zip
Hugo - Pa Nye Eventyr (19xx)(Silverrock)(Dk)[cr][a](Disk 1 of 5).zipGot (Thanks Twistin'Ghost)
Hugo - Pa Nye Eventyr (19xx)(Silverrock)(Dk)[cr][a](Disk 2 of 5).zipGot (Thanks Twistin'Ghost)
Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (1992)(Lucas Arts)[cr Skid Row](Disk 03 of 11).zip
Jinks (1988)(Rainbow Arts)[cr Defjam](Disk 1 of 2).zipGot (Thanks freedom4u)
Sex Olympics (1991)(Free Spirit)[cr CABAL][a2](Disk 2 of 2).zipGot (Thanks Twistin'Ghost)
SimAnt (1991)(Maxis)[cr Alpha Flight](Disk 3 of 3)(Low-Res).zipGot (Thanks freedom4u)
Superfrog (1993)(Team 17)[cr Crystal](Disk 1 of 4).zipGot (Thanks Twistin'Ghost)
UFO - Enemy Unknown (19xx)(Microprose)(M3)(Disk 3 of 5).zipGot (Thanks Twistin'Ghost)

Can anyone help?

Also I have a lot of stuff that is not reconised at all, is there a process of submitting these disks to get them added to future DAT files?

Thanks for your help!

Last edited by Bad Mr Frosty; 25 September 2001 at 16:58.
Old 24 September 2001, 23:42   #2
RCK
Administrator

Of course, if you think you have new stuff / games versions (not only disks with different savegame ), you can upload them directly on the EAB : ADF zone (link at the top of the board). The Tosec team & the AGD moderators are always arround their, so it is the good place to upload your files.
Old 25 September 2001, 00:15   #3
Amiga1992

Re: Does anyone have these TOSEC disks?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad Mr Frosty
Also I have a lot of stuff that is not reconised at all, is there a process of submitting these disks to get them added to future DAT files?
Careful with this, perhaps you have games that have been modified by a savestate or stuff... Make sure you really have an unique disk before posting it in the ADF Zone for addition to the TOSEC DAT files.
Old 25 September 2001, 10:45   #4
Bad Mr Frosty

OK thanks for the suggestions, I will double check the disks before uploading.

Does anyone have any idea where to get the above disks??
Old 25 September 2001, 12:27   #5
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

OK, I am posting some of this stuff for you now. As with the last flood of requests I did, I am posting the full games, except for the Indiana Jones game. The Sex Olympics version is not the [a2] you requested, but I feel certain there is not difference in the two, outside of CRC value.

Didn't I just post Hugo - Pa Nye Eventyr last week? I mean, if you need it, I will post it again, but I feel pretty sure I did upload it.

Also, be sure to update this request list with what you still need and what you have already gotten.
Old 25 September 2001, 12:51   #6
Bad Mr Frosty

Thanks mate!

I only found this site a few days ago so it looks like hugo expired from the ADF zone before I could get it. I know you have helped so much already but I would be grateful if you could upload it.

Thanks again!
Old 25 September 2001, 12:56   #7
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Not a problem. On my way to upload it now.
Old 25 September 2001, 13:33   #8
freedom4u

Re: Does anyone have these TOSEC disks?

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad Mr Frosty
SimAnt (1991)(Maxis)[cr Alpha Flight](Disk 2 of 3)(Low-Res).zip
Hi there,
I think you missunderstood this one. I believe that you only need 2 disks to run Sim Ant (Install disk + either Hires disk or lowres disk).
So I guess you thought you were missing disk 2 of the lowres version, but I don't think you're missing anything at all

Concerning Jinks, I just uploaded it again( samurai already upped it a day ago, but I didn't want to bother with checking if his upload is TOSEC ).

sorry, I don't know about the rest ;(

See y'all

Old 25 September 2001, 16:02   #9
Bad Mr Frosty

Thanks freedom4u, you are right about simant, I have the first 2 disks its the 3rd low res disk i`m missing. Also cheers for jinks.
Old 25 September 2001, 16:40   #10
freedom4u

I uploaded Sim Ant to the Adf-zone, because I really don't have a clue if you ere looking for it or not

@samurai: I love newzbot but its a free country
Didn't remember that your Jinks was an original dump , but I can't wait to check it out...

Old 25 September 2001, 16:58   #11
Bad Mr Frosty

Thats the one, cheers mate.
Old 25 September 2001, 20:56   #12
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

@Samurai
So that dump of Jinks you posted was from an original copy?

@Bad Mr Frosty
You forgot to check off Indiana Jones, right?
Also, I have the Fairlight crack for Heimdall 2, if you're interested.
Old 25 September 2001, 21:20   #13
Bad Mr Frosty

I downloaded that Indy disk 3 u kindly posted but it looks like its from a uncracked disk set. The one i`m after is from the skid row cracked set.

I have the fairlight cracked version of Heimdall 2, thanks anyway.

U guys have been extremely helpful already, anything I can help you out with?
Old 25 September 2001, 23:38   #14
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

My bad on the Indy disk. I just noticed that the SKid Row was missing (those long TOSEC names...easy to miss stuff sometimes).

I'm working up a wants list that I may get around to posting one of these years...
Old 26 September 2001, 00:46   #15
Amigaboy

Your Indy is from an uncracked set?

Wasn't Codetapper requesting Disk 1 of that?

Old 26 September 2001, 01:12   #16
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Well, see with that file, it was the only file that I got from that set during a flood. There were several missing files from game sets...many of which I have filled the gaps on later from online or from my own collection. I may have a full set of originals of this one, but I highly doubt it. And it was a coincidence that the one disk Frosty was requesting was the one disk I had! It just wasn't the Skid Row version is all. When I get home, I need to fire up the ol' Clrmame Pro and see what I do and don't have.
Old 26 September 2001, 01:33   #17
andreas
Zone Friend

Send a message via ICQ to andreas Send a message via AIM to andreas
Quote:
Careful with this, perhaps you have games that have been modified by a savestate or stuff..
This is one of the weaker points of the TOSEC idea.
Keep in mind that the disks are always identified by CRC only.
IMAGINE:
You have an AmigaDOS disk with currently NO savegames, but there *were* some savegames on that disk in the past.
I think it's quite clear that you WILL NOT get the same disk again like before you saved any game on the disk even if you delete ALL the savegames from the disk.
The CRC will be another one, and you've just created another "alternative version" as you could call it.

The actual difference is AmigaDOS vs. NDOS: Usually, a NDOS disk will never have the data at a variable place in its "life" (in most cases, data is invariably assigned to a bunch of definite tracks), but an AmigaDOS disk surely will someday!
I'm able to alter a CRC simply by OPTIMIZING the AmigaDOS disk with XCopy! It's faster but doesn't have the same CRC because data has been reorganized on disk.
That's a fact.
Old 26 September 2001, 02:15   #18
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

You're absolutely right, Andreas. And it's why these alt versions of disks should be reduced to one filename, because there could potentially be an infinite number of [a?] versions.

And it's also frustrating for me when I convert an old DMS set from the originals I downloaded from their first release by said crack group, and TOSEC will not recognize disk 1, but will identify disk 2. Or will ID disk one as [a3], but disk 2 as a non-alternate version. When in fact, the one I have is the original release by that group, since I have always kept the original DMS files (complete with banners and all that shit).

Mind you, I am not lashing out at the TOSEC team, because I know the near-impossibility of what they are attempting. It's just a shame, that's all. And because I consider myself a power-user at this, when I know what my disk is, I can do a TOSEC name on it proper should my disk 1 not be recognized!
Old 26 September 2001, 06:55   #19
Drake1009

Hey Twist. Which version of Hugo did you upload? There were 2 games seemingly with the same name. Both featured the end sequence in the mountain, but the first 2 levels differed.

1st level
Railroad track or Forest

2nd level
Plane or mountain climbing

Just wondering which version it was.
Old 26 September 2001, 07:59   #20
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Well, in the version I uploaded, the first level seems to be the (annoying) railroad track. The options screen gives you two choices: F1 - TV Version or F2 - Arcade Version. This indicated to me that both games you spoke of were included (and in 5 disks, you would think both could fit), but I tried each and both took me to the railroad tracks.

BTW: I found that level annoying because when I would use the cursor keys to emulate the joystick moving right or left to change tracks when a train was coming at me, it simply ignored the instruction. Is there a different way to change tracks? After getting splat, I had to wait for the same animation to do it's thing until all four lives were done just to try the other version. Then, should you decide to bail on the game, there appears to be no way to abort the game to return to the menu screens. By the time I finally bailed on the game, I was in a shit mood! Unless you know of different ways to do these things than the obvious?