English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 11 January 2021, 10:25   #521
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tygre View Post
Hi all!

I'm happy to release a new version of AmiModRadio, v0.99991, which brings many improvements and fixes after extensive testing on an A4000D/030 .

As usual, AmiModRadio can be downloaded, along with its source code:

Via HTTP, on my Web site, whenever it's up ;
Via HTTP on Aminet;
Via HTTPs on BitBucket;
Via HTTPs on SourceForge.

Please contribute by asking for features, reporting bugs, or offering translations!(I'm still looking for a German translation...)

Enjoy

Cheers!

Hi Tygre, why an older version as number, v0.9999 to v0.99991?

On the program info it says vv0.9999? ?

This new version like the previous one does not work with HipPlayer anymore, it asks for "DeliTraker2 only", you can cheat by renaming "DeliTraker2" to "Hip".

With MUI 4/5 always output Request "MUI_Redraw".
Old 11 January 2021, 14:09   #522
tygre
Returning fan!

Good morning AmigaSystem!

The version is "v0.99991 (2021/01/10)"

Did you download AmiModRadio from Aminet? It is still the previous version available there, give them so time to process the uploads! (This version should fix this problem with the players but not the silly warning from MUI...)

Cheers!
Old 11 January 2021, 19:25   #523
AMIGASYSTEM

Yes you're right !!! perfect now with this new version "HipPlayer" is detected and also works on my new AROS One 68k (created new icons for this system, also created a new theme)

Last edited by AMIGASYSTEM; 14 February 2021 at 02:00.
Old 11 January 2021, 23:24   #524
tygre
Returning fan!

Very happy that it finally works, it was harder than I thought to get it right!

Wow, you're AROS One looks beautiful!
(Could you share with me your icon, I could pack it with AmiModRadio?)
Old 12 January 2021, 21:43   #525
AMIGASYSTEM

Here are the icons and the new Theme

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K43...ew?usp=sharing
Old 13 January 2021, 00:06   #526
tygre
Returning fan!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
Here are the icons and the new Theme

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K43...ew?usp=sharing
Thanks a lot!
Cheers!
Old 14 January 2021, 19:54   #527
andyhants

Thanks for the update, certainly seems to solve the interminable delays of previous versions (using SnoopDos it looked like it was spending forever poling a server for ratings for each mod).

The problem I find now with v99991 is that it won't Iconify. I'm running it on AmiKit X & when I click on the Iconify option from the left-most top rh corner pull-down menu it just disappears with no icon whereas previous versions left an icon on the AmiKit desktop as per normal.

Not sure if it's a bug or something I'm doing wrong but I set it up as per the previous versions on my AmiKit X config. Any thoughts / views would be appreciated.

Oh btw not sure if this helps but I can access it again if I move the AmiModRadio icon to the AmiStart menu at the bottom of the AmiKit screen (a la Windows taskbar) but I suspect I'm actually starting another instance maybe. When I watch it under SnoopDos & click on the AmiModRadio icon in AmiStart (after iconfying the original instance & it disappearing) the app reappears but in SnoopDos I get a never ending list of AmiModRadio Fetcher repeating (which obviously didnt occur when I run it the first time before iconifying).
Old 15 January 2021, 15:12   #528
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi AndyHants

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyhants View Post
Thanks for the update, certainly seems to solve the interminable delays of previous versions (using SnoopDos it looked like it was spending forever poling a server for ratings for each mod).

Aside question: how did you see that via SnoopDos? I miss a tool that could tell me which socket functions are being called!

Quote:
The problem I find now with v99991 is that it won't Iconify. I'm running it on AmiKit X & when I click on the Iconify option from the left-most top rh corner pull-down menu it just disappears with no icon whereas previous versions left an icon on the AmiKit desktop as per normal.

Not sure if it's a bug or something I'm doing wrong but I set it up as per the previous versions on my AmiKit X config. Any thoughts / views would be appreciated.
Ah, I can't explain this... Maybe I messed up with the appicon Let me try to reproduce this problem and fix it Thanks for the tip!

Quote:
Oh btw not sure if this helps but I can access it again if I move the AmiModRadio icon to the AmiStart menu at the bottom of the AmiKit screen (a la Windows taskbar) but I suspect I'm actually starting another instance maybe. When I watch it under SnoopDos & click on the AmiModRadio icon in AmiStart (after iconfying the original instance & it disappearing) the app reappears but in SnoopDos I get a never ending list of AmiModRadio Fetcher repeating (which obviously didnt occur when I run it the first time before iconifying).
Actually, AmiModRadio is a "single instance" Commodity, thanks to MUI . I'm not familiar with AmiStart but you should see AmiModRadio in Exchange, even when it disappears when you iconify it. Could you try and let me know?

Cheers!
Old 15 January 2021, 15:18   #529
andyhants

Quote:
Hi AndyHants

Aside question: how did you see that via SnoopDos? I miss a tool that could tell me which socket functions are being called!

Ah, I can't explain this... Maybe I messed up with the appicon Let me try to reproduce this problem and fix it Thanks for the tip!

Actually, AmiModRadio is a "single instance" Commodity, thanks to MUI . I'm not familiar with AmiStart but you should see AmiModRadio in Exchange, even when it disappears when you iconify it. Could you try and let me know?

Cheers!
Oops - sorry my bad on the initial SnoopDos reference - I see the server poling under the Log tab in AmiModRadio & not SnoopDOS - its the repeated Fetcher references I see in SnoopDOS.

On your last point sorry for being thick but can you tell me where to find 'Exchange' ? Thanks
Old 15 January 2021, 15:39   #530
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:

On your last point sorry for being thick but can you tell me where to find 'Exchange' ? Thanks

Exchange is located in -> SYS:Tools/Commodities/

Confirmed Iconify does not work
Old 19 January 2021, 12:38   #531
andyhants

Quote:
Hi AndyHants

Cheers!
Hi again - just to say found Exchange & yes you are right it does show AmiModRadio as being Active after I've Inconfied & its disappeared I can get it back on-screen via 'Show Interface' on Exchange. Also doing it this way I don't get the endless stream of AmiModRadio Fetcher when running SnoopDOS. Hope that helps. Would be great to have a version we could Iconify.
Old 19 January 2021, 16:01   #532
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi AndyHants!

Thanks for looking into this problem!

So, it seems that it's really the App Icon, the icon used when iconifying AmiModRadio, that is missing because the rest works as expected... I will look into that

PS. Thanks for the bug report in BitBucket!

Cheers!
Old 22 February 2021, 16:27   #533
andyhants

Quote:
Hi AndyHants!

Thanks for looking into this problem!

So, it seems that it's really the App Icon, the icon used when iconifying AmiModRadio, that is missing because the rest works as expected... I will look into that

PS. Thanks for the bug report in BitBucket!

Cheers!
Hi Tygre- just wondering if there was any update on nailing the iconify issue in AmiModRadio ?
Old 22 February 2021, 19:02   #534
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi Andyhants!

Quote:
Hi Tygre- just wondering if there was any update on nailing the iconify issue in AmiModRadio ?

Yes and no, sorry Yes, I did try but, not, I haven't solved it: the problem is that I don't understand where the problem could be. I don't seem to do anything in AmiModRadio that would "block" this menu, as far as I can see... and there are no error messages or such to direct my search Will continue!

Cheers!
Old 22 February 2021, 19:26   #535
AMIGASYSTEM

Hi tygre, if it can be useless I noticed that the new version "does not search" the def_Amimoradio.info, the old versions looked for it, and in the absence of this used the icon of the program
Old 22 February 2021, 19:29   #536
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi AmigaSystem!

Thanks for your help!

I don't understand what I changed (or not ) for this behaviour to change... Must dig deeper!

Take care!
Old 08 March 2021, 15:51   #537
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi AndyHants!

Quote:

So, it seems that the problem lies partly (fully?) with MUI v3.8: is this the version that you're using?

Best!
Old 15 March 2021, 01:31   #538
tygre
Returning fan!

Hi AmigaSystem and all!

I'm happy to release another version of AmiModRadio, v0.99992! It includes a German translation, thanks to Daniel Reimann! It also improves and fixes the ratings system (along with its Web server). As usual, it can be downloaded, along with its source code:

Please contribute by asking for features, reporting bugs, or offering other translations!

Enjoy

Cheers!
Old 15 March 2021, 21:01   #539
samo79

Found 2 general issues in this release

1 - The iconification seems broken, clicking on the iconify button will not put any icon on Workbench desktop

2 - Version doesn't work under OS4..
(Right click on icon --> Information)

Can't found informations for the version of 'AmiModRadio'
Error in the command
Old 15 March 2021, 21:10   #540
andyhants

Quote:
Hi AndyHants!

So, it seems that the problem lies partly (fully?) with MUI v3.8: is this the version that you're using?

Best!
Sorry just seen this - err I think AmiKit X is running MUI 5.0 - does that sound right?

When i find the MUI Icon it says its MUI 5.0 - actually 5.0-2018R1.

Not sure if that helps. You may want to try contacting the AmiKit Guy directly - Ján Zahuran?ík - he's really helpful & v clever.

https://www.amikit.amiga.sk/