English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 02 March 2008, 22:17   #81
Thalion
Amiga Collector

No it doesn't. He only tells you that you a short story about shandra and tells you to travel to Newlake to shandras grave. You could have found that on your own though.
Old 02 March 2008, 22:24   #82
macce2
Retro maniac

@Thalion

True. Thank you for your kindly help.
However, now I do have a different kind of frustrating problem..
In the orc cave, there's one door which doesn't seem to open with lockpicks or anything..
So, how can it be opened..? Second question: where's that Burnville tunnel located, anyway..? Third q: how can I find the Grandfather's armour etc..?

No, please, I DON'T want to read the walkthrough manual, I don't generally like them at all ...! Just some little clues to get me going..
:-)
Old 02 March 2008, 23:01   #83
Thalion
Amiga Collector

Ok here's your clue then.

1. I only remember one door in the Orc cave to be opened with a special key. You get the key from the boss a giant after you killed him.

2. The Burnville tunnel is not located on the island you start. You will get there later.

3. Your grandfathers gear is located in the cave where you found shandras gem. Youz said that your grandfather si already dead so you opend the entrance to that cave where the stones where crashed. Search that cave carefully especially dor some ladders. Think that should be enough hints. If not just ask.
Old 03 March 2008, 02:59   #84
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexh View Post
I'm unfortunately not familiar with that bug. You might have to go back to an earlier save.

Here is a list of all the bug's that have been found and fixed by some Thalion Webshrine fans (The fixed files are untested and as such not available at the moment). Most are cosmetic, there are a few like the Beast cave, Luminor's tower and Whirlpool which are fatal in will crash Ambermoon, so watch out for them.
There's also small bug in statistics of some characters. E.g. Sabine has max U-M 75/95 (without Gala's Robe, which adds +20 to U-M), while R-M could be **/95
Old 03 March 2008, 08:47   #85
macce2
Retro maniac

@Thalion

Ok, many thanks again, friend :-)
Old 08 March 2008, 22:25   #86
macce2
Retro maniac

@Thalion

Well, I'm still stuck in the first island..
I think I've already killed all the orcs, and didn't get any key from giant boss ..?! So, do you remember that thing right..? :-)

And I'm still searching for grandfather's armour, but maybe I'll find it soon..?!
Btw, I've already won the bandits and got the reward..
Old 08 March 2008, 23:42   #87
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

To get off the island I think you need the Ring of Sobek which prevents you dying when you swim.

Not sure what this "Grandfather's Armour" is that you speak of.
Old 09 March 2008, 10:36   #88
macce2
Retro maniac

@alexh

Well, I can't find the ring... shouldn't it be hidden somewhere in the crypt, near Alchemist's tower ?!
btw, I just found and killed the orc giant and his comrades, and rescued Selena.. :-)

Well, that grandfathers armour he mentions earlier in the game, is it something special item (magical etc), or just a padded leather..?! ;-)

I must admit Ambermoon is a very fine and addictive game, but quite difficult, overall.
I have, for example, solved Ultima6, and I think it's generally a very easy, almost too easy an rpg game, compared to Ambermoon. :-)
Old 09 March 2008, 11:12   #89
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Go to Spannenberg, visit the cemetry. Your Granfathers grave is in the north-west corner. The dead soul of your grandfather has some last information for you.

Also there is the Townhall in the NW corner of the city. Inside is a fisherman with a deadly sick daughter.
Old 09 March 2008, 11:50   #90
macce2
Retro maniac

@alexh

Thanks once again, alexh. But those things you just wrote I already knew.. :-)
Old 09 March 2008, 12:34   #91
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Well if you knew that... why dont you have the ring of Sobek!?!

You get it when you make the ANTIDOTE for the fisherman's sick daughter. Talking to the fisherman and your grandfathers ghosts give you the information you need to start the quest.

Talk to Father Anthony in the Spannenburg chapel about ANTIDOTE.

Last edited by alexh; 09 March 2008 at 12:43.
Old 09 March 2008, 12:46   #92
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Oh the stuff you were asking about (Granfathers Armour) is in the cave under your house. Just after you defeat the "Gigantula" spider. You'll need a pickaxe and a lockpick to get it.
Old 09 March 2008, 13:45   #93
macce2
Retro maniac

I'm not quite sure, whether I've already found grnadfather's armour and staff.. do you remember, what kind of armoury that treasury contained..?

Well, I can't make the antidote, because I can't get the item needed (some kind of dish..??!) from the alchemist's tower. :-/ There are some bolted doors, and i guess it's there..?! I can't figure out how to open those doors. :-/
Old 09 March 2008, 13:54   #94
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

Not sure which doors you mean.

There is a bug in the Alchemist's Tower. There is a Stone Head to which the answer is ANTONY which is spelled wrong. Could that be it?
Old 09 March 2008, 13:59   #95
macce2
Retro maniac

No! Well, I do remember I said Anthony for that riddlemouth.. (not 100% sure)
Old 09 March 2008, 14:16   #96
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

The other doors in the Alchemist's tower are opened by buttons and Alkem's Crypt Key
Old 09 March 2008, 14:17   #97
macce2
Retro maniac

Ok! will try to find the buttons and press them ;-)
Old 09 March 2008, 17:25   #98
macce2
Retro maniac

@alexh

Sorry for being so dumb, but I didn't find any buttons to press in tower.
In the near loacetd crypt, there are some buttons, did you mean them..?
However, those buttons in the crypt cannot be pressed more than once, or so it seems..
I think my game is starting to be stuck again..
So, it would be nice to get more help with that antidote thing..
Old 09 March 2008, 18:07   #99
alexh
Thalion Webshrine

I realise now that the two doors you are asking about are the two shops. To open these doors you need to return Alkem (the owner of the tower) his ring. He's on the second floor of the tower and is the guy who gave you the key to the crypt.

In the Crypt, to the far north there are two switches that activate two teleporters in the central room. Enter one of the teleporters and get transported to a corridor. Follow it and find a wall switch you should press. Return to the central room by another teleporter at the end of the corridor. From the central room go through one of the middle doors to the north and find a door to the far north of the passage behind. You'll see a large coffin and in one corner of the room, buried in the dust you'll find the ring of Alkem.

There is a big fight, you then return the ring to Alkem who opens up two shops in the basement of the tower. In the potion shop you need to buy an empty flask.

To find the ingredients to put in the flask you need to go to the Temple of Gala, Goddess of Life. You find the temple near the east coast of the island in the mountains enclosing the Hoimon desert.

If you've not done the Temple of Gala then I probably should shut up now.
Old 10 March 2008, 12:24   #100
macce2
Retro maniac

Strange...
I've searched the whole crypt many times already... but didn' t find that damn ring.. :-/
And yes, I did find the two secret rooms, and also the coffins.. but I don't know how to use the strange mechanisms that appear in several room's floor.
So, it only tells me: "you can discern a round...on floor", or something like that, but I can't still figure out what should I do.. So, who knows? Maybe I'm too stupid a guy to play the whole Ambermoon thing ? :-D lol
I think it needs a a very high intelligent person, perhaps a genius to play... :- )