English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 28 November 2021, 03:33   #121
ItsTheSmell

Quote:
Originally Posted by juen View Post
very poor translation (I do not believe in any word), and on a forum where people do not know the topic at all.

https://exec.pl/amiga-wydarzenie?nid...e_Adama_Zalepy
Has he had a breakdown or depression?
Old 28 November 2021, 06:52   #122
juen

I don't know, he didn't write anything like that there. He lied to me in different ways for a year, so I don't take anything he says seriously
Old 28 November 2021, 06:59   #123
ItsTheSmell

Reading the comments he seems to have a decent reputation from years gone past. If he's been in public life for years and then suddenly goes weird it could be an issue like mental health which has a stigma associated with it.
Old 28 November 2021, 07:27   #124
juen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItsTheSmell View Post
Reading the comments he seems to have a decent reputation from years gone past. If he's been in public life for years and then suddenly goes weird it could be an issue like mental health which has a stigma associated with it.
comments on that page are out of touch with reality. hence probably Adam's idea to put a statement where people are not on the topic. instead of putting a statement there, it should appear on ppa.pl/eab

as you can see, someone there fell into this simple trick :-)
Old 28 November 2021, 10:43   #125
sodapop

I ordered 2 physical books (Assembler & Amos) from them a couple of years ago, and never got them !
They told me they had to do another print batch, and should be a matter of 2 or 3 months...
After I started to become angry, Adam told me the books had been sent, and even gave me a tracking number. Of course I never received the books, and the "tracking number" has never been recognized, neither by the polish post nor the french post services...
It was pure lies.
These books were still stated as "Out of stock" on Amiga.net.pl, so it was very unlikely Adam launched a print only for me...
Fortunately, I had done the payment through Paypal, so they resolved the case pretty quickly and refunded me !
[Sorry for my bad English]
Old 28 November 2021, 12:01   #126
Cobe

Quote:
Has he had a breakdown or depression?
I believe he had a plan.
Quote:
He didnt suddenly go weird, I warned you more than a year ago.
Old 28 November 2021, 14:18   #127
dreadnought

He says that he:

-"withdrew" recently because of personal & health matters
-there were other people involved in this operation and not all decisions were his
-will soon post free digital versions of the books on that other site
-remembers about his "remaining obligations" (presumably the unfulfilled orders) and will still try to sort it out, though not always in the way it was supposed to be
-might go back to his "projects" in 2022 if his health imporves, but not as a commercial endeavour anymore
-"apologies to those I've failed"
-merry Xmas

This is just a quick transaltion, make out of it what you wish. Pretty standard statement I've seen many times on occasion of failed kickstarters, etc. If he really means to reimburse those he owes money/merchandise to then at least that's something (even though it does not excuse the past actions) but I doubt these kind of promises ever really get fulfiled.
Old 28 November 2021, 19:54   #128
ItsTheSmell

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodapop View Post
I ordered 2 physical books (Assembler & Amos) from them a couple of years ago, and never got them !
They told me they had to do another print batch, and should be a matter of 2 or 3 months...
After I started to become angry, Adam told me the books had been sent, and even gave me a tracking number. Of course I never received the books, and the "tracking number" has never been recognized, neither by the polish post nor the french post services...
It was pure lies.
These books were still stated as "Out of stock" on Amiga.net.pl, so it was very unlikely Adam launched a print only for me...
Fortunately, I had done the payment through Paypal, so they resolved the case pretty quickly and refunded me !
[Sorry for my bad English]
Thus also happened to me, he gave me fake tracking numbers for books he hadn't sent. But eventually I got most of my money back. Maybe about 10 euros short but I had the digital copies anyway.
Old 29 November 2021, 11:12   #129
sodapop

Quote:
Thus also happened to me, he gave me fake tracking numbers for books he hadn't sent. But eventually I got most of my money back. Maybe about 10 euros short but I had the digital copies anyway.
Incredible ! He dared to do it several times ! That's shameful... this guy has cracked up in a pretty big way !
Old 23 April 2022, 19:57   #130
peo

Any update on the disappearance of Adam ?

He had "that other site" up for a month or two, only books in polish (which I have archived for a google-translate-translation or sharing), then he "forgot" to pay for the hosting. I was (and still is) waiting for the english edition of the 3rd MorphOS book, which I paid for a printed one and will never get..

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadnought View Post
He says that he:
-will soon post free digital versions of the books on that other site
Old 24 April 2022, 07:11   #131
honx

no new news regarding that adam zalepa scammer.