English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. Language > Coders. AMOS

Old 02 June 2021, 08:33   #1
Oktawian
im stupid, sorry

Exclamation problems with saving on AMOS pro

Hello. A few days ago i got a programming book from my grandpa from 1994 about amos. I bought the emulator and after 1,5 day of trial and errors i got the amos pro 2.00 to work (i followed this tutorial [ Show youtube player ] and did few things differentially). Everything works except icons and saving. I firstly tried on my own and later even did the copy of what book did but it says that it could not find the location. Any help would be great because i want to learn a normal programming language and amos seems fun compared to the popular ones.

this project is a disaster
Old 02 June 2021, 18:15   #2
Samurai_Crow
Total Chaos forever!

Need more information. Is the .hdf write protected? Have you tried mounting an .adf to write to? Tell us about your emulator configuration.
Old 02 June 2021, 18:44   #3
Arne
Hobby/Indie gamedev

Find the location? Maybe the example went like:
Load Iff "SomeAMOSdisk:Example.iff"
...and you don't have a disk like that inserted or set as an Assign or whatever it's called.

Emulators can provide a blank savedisk which likely isn't write protected... unsure how you could've installed AMOS if your HDF was write protected though, but I don't know anything about the retail emulator.
Old 02 June 2021, 21:30   #4
Oktawian
im stupid, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai_Crow View Post
Need more information. Is the .hdf write protected? Have you tried mounting an .adf to write to? Tell us about your emulator configuration.
you are right, i should specify better. I use Amiga 500 emulator: kickstart 1.3, 1mb of memory and everything else is default. .hdf file is not read only and i don't know what is a .adf file but i tried making my own location that din't work either. the error it always shows me is "could not find the location". I tried many combinations and that din't work. Could you give me an example location that should work in case that i did it wrong?
Old 03 June 2021, 05:53   #5
Pierre

I spent a couple of days this week trying to figure out why FS-UAE emulating an Amiga 500 was writing to ADF disk images but the files were dissappearing when I opened the ADF files on an emulated Amiga 4000. It was due to the way FS-UAE uses a .sdf cache file by default in the "FS-UAE/Save States" directory. Setting the configuration option "writable_floppy_images = 1" and then deleting the .sdf files (after the data was copied to HDF image) fixed the problem.
Old 03 June 2021, 09:35   #6
Oktawian
im stupid, sorry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pierre View Post
I spent a couple of days this week trying to figure out why FS-UAE emulating an Amiga 500 was writing to ADF disk images but the files were dissappearing when I opened the ADF files on an emulated Amiga 4000. It was due to the way FS-UAE uses a .sdf cache file by default in the "FS-UAE/Save States" directory. Setting the configuration option "writable_floppy_images = 1" and then deleting the .sdf files (after the data was copied to HDF image) fixed the problem.
Im sorry but i don't understand you. Im a total newbie in amiga and amos . Could you please tell where are these settings located?
Old 03 June 2021, 12:01   #7
Oktawian
im stupid, sorry

I apologize to everybody. Turns out the second line isn't a decoration. I'm very sorry for wasting time for something so stupid.
Old 03 June 2021, 12:03   #8
Oktawian
im stupid, sorry

I don't know how to close a thread sorry.