English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 19 January 2012, 23:13   #1
Cabbit

A1200 theme park hd install bad loadfile hunk

Greetings

After a long time apart from my a600 I finally got myself a a1200 of eBay, it's the desktop dynamite edition and looks to be in mint condition.*

A week later I bought theme park Amiga 1200/4000 edition and while it runs great of the floppy disks, it gives me a bad loadfile hunk when trying to run it of the hard drive whether I install from workbench or right from boot.*

Has anyone encountered this before, and what processes are advised to resolve this issue.

Note this happens on both park, main, and go. Main and go are the normal ways to boot the game.

Old 20 January 2012, 09:17   #2
Solid Snake
Wonderful World Of Amiga

AmigaDOS Error Code: 235
Description: Bad loadfile hunk
Solution: Program damaged, re-install

Or, Your MaxTransfer setting on your hard disk is set too high. Lower it using HDToolBox.

Set MaxTransfer=0001FE00
Old 20 January 2012, 10:01   #3
Cabbit

Sorry my 600 did not have a hard drive, I would like to try the hdtoolbox but for the most part it seems to be a formating tool. I cant see anything about max transfer is this a pref setting I can config via cmd?

Old 20 January 2012, 12:46   #4
Solid Snake
Wonderful World Of Amiga

Open your Amiga 3.0/3.1 Install Disk. There will be a drawer(folder) labelled "HDTools". Open this and double-click on the "HDToolBox" application icon.

If you already have an installed workbench on your harddrive, the HDToolbox is located in the tools directory.

On the change file system page, you should see a string gadget containing the max transfer value. Change it to 0x0001FE00. The thing to remember with changing the max transfer value is to make sure that you press ENTER/RETURN otherwise the value won't be saved.

You might need to reformat afterwards.

The files already copied to your HD may already be corrupt. You can't do
anything about those. That's why it's recommended to format and reinstall.
Old 20 January 2012, 14:30   #5
Cabbit

If i do have reformat, i have 4 workbench diskettes.
Are these difficult to install?, one i believe is the hard drive install disk.

My experience with installing OS come from Solaris, Mac OS, and Linux, on my A600 i ran workbench from floppy as need be.

Old 20 January 2012, 14:48   #6
thomas

If you don't have a harddrive, then HDToolbox is of no use for you.

Even if you have a harddrive, changing MaxTransfer does not involve formatting. You only need to replace the corruped files (all files bigger than 130560 bytes).