English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 23 June 2004, 15:00   #1
IanS

Magazines

Ok folks, apologies for the duplication of some of this text which I've posted in another thread, but this is a one off... and most of you lot are a pretty deserving lot. EAB is a great little place

I have two A1200s, and I only want to keep the one with the 040 processor. The other has a kaput RF socket and is getting really scruffy... however it has a Blizzard 030/50 (Mk IV I believe). I'm going to throw this A1200 away! I bought the 030 board new a few years ago. Does anybody want the accellerator? It is fully operational, I can probably find an 8mb or 16mb simm for it. There is no FPU, but it sure as hell kicks the poo out of a standard 14mhz A1200. This is a FREEBIE... postage and packing only! I want this to go to a good home.

Email me on a first come first served basis. There is only the one!

I also have a load of Amiga mags, mainly AF and CU Amiga, a couple of Amiga User Int and one or two others whose name I forget. Some of these are from the '80s, and a lot from the '90s. From memory there are maybe 50-60 mags in total, maybe more. I'll count them in the next day or two. Cover disks (floppies) are missing on most, but I have quite a few of the cover CDs. Most are well thumbed, but no pages missing and in generally good condition.

I want to get rid of them... as my Amiga usage is dwindling, and they take up loads of room. Obviously, I don't want to throw them away, and scanning them would be a very long and tortuous task. But, if anybody wants them they are free to a good home. If you have a request for perhaps one or two mags that you have been after for a while, send me an email with the issue number, and I'll see if I've got it. Of course, postage overseas would have to be reimbursed, but other than that, they are free gratis to all you Amiga fans. First come, first served!

Contact me with any requests

ian.shelton@nottingham.ac.uk
Old 23 June 2004, 15:18   #2
oldpx

Sorry about the extremely short mail, you know why LOL

Old 23 June 2004, 15:38   #3
oldpx

Does the 1200 have a working keyboard and leds? I'm missing a working keyboard and leds on one of the 1200s here

Old 23 June 2004, 15:52   #4
Amiga1992

I moved the thread to the Marketplace section
Old 29 June 2004, 17:04   #5
IanS

SCSI CD ROm drive

I have a Power Computing scsi double speed CR Rom drive up for grabs. You'll have to provide your own SCSI interface I'm afraid. Free to a good home other than P&P. It's relatively heavy though (maybe 2 kilos), so buyers outside UK beware.

Regards

Ian
Old 29 June 2004, 17:37   #6
Peanutuk

Did you get my email about the Blizzard Ian? As I could do with it
Old 29 June 2004, 18:26   #7
IanS

The blizzard has gone I'm afraid. Scsi CD rom drive, magazines, an external DD floppy drive (possibly two, but I may keep one) are available to good homes. If anybody wants something, please email me. There might be other stuff soon... but I don't know if I can be completely Amigaless!
Old 12 July 2004, 11:07   #8
oldpx

The blizzard has arrived. Thanks a million Ian, you must be the kindest ogre I met.

Old 22 July 2004, 09:28   #9
IanS

OK, due to the very high cost of postage to Australia, the previous claimant is unable to take them. So all 70+ magazines are again available free to a good home (preferably UK, as these things weigh a lot in bulk). Otherwise it's the dustbin for every single one of them! :-(
Old 29 July 2004, 16:44   #10
The_Sentinel

Hey; what kind of postage we talking for the UK? I'm interested! And I'm sure I can shout you some cash for a few beers for the mags...

Old 29 July 2004, 17:11   #11
Amiga1992

Thanks to Ian my 1200 now has a sweet squirel SCSi interface
Damn that Burseg troll for sniping the Blizzard before I could!