English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 31 October 2021, 09:08   #41
Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estrayk View Post
Since when does someone report bugs in a competitor's product?

sure they are all fixed? and do you really think that the list of TF bugs that I have is only showed in this video?

if I had a tsunami EVEN if I am on TF side I would report any issue I found ASAP.

but yeah ok you want to run dirty. yeah. that is so poor. so damn poor behaviour but ok. them I know how you want to run.. I will however not go to your rock bottom ways of handling stuff..

it is not a competitor it is a open sourced project.. the "competitor" is the TF1260 in this case. with a LC cpu you can build one at the same price as the tsunami to a performancedifference that is just crazy.
Old 31 October 2021, 13:04   #42
wazza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucky View Post
it is not a competitor it is a open sourced project.. the "competitor" is the TF1260 in this case. with a LC cpu you can build one at the same price as the tsunami to a performancedifference that is just crazy.
Spot on... All that money for a board with just an EC 030? No thanks!
Old 31 October 2021, 13:20   #43
Chucky

"yeah but the LC do not have a FPU"!..

true. but even without fpu. run non fpu-programs on it and it will still outperform the very slow 882 fpu.
Old 01 November 2021, 17:22   #44
Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevelord View Post
According to the comments, TF says the issues were fixed. Would be interesting to see a rematch with the new firmware update applied. Hopefully performance is the same for both. More options for Amigans is never a bad thing
as this wasn't meant as a fair "vs" video but a poor way of promoting the tsunami. a rematch will not happen.

makes me wonder:

How will future firmwareupdates be handled of the tsunami btw?
Old 01 November 2021, 18:41   #45
Estrayk

Quote:
if I had a tsunami EVEN if I am on TF side I would report any issue I found ASAP.

but yeah ok you want to run dirty. yeah. that is so poor. so damn poor behaviour but ok. them I know how you want to run.. I will however not go to your rock bottom ways of handling stuff..
I think The TF1230 is a card that competes against ours, I do not care if it is open, closed, cheaper or more expensive than ours, you should respect my opinion as I respect yours. But it is NOT a crusade against the TF1230, I have nothing personal against that accelerator, for me, ANY accelerator card based on 030 is a competition against ours. ACA123x, blizzard, TF, magnum, viper, cobra, apollo, or whatever. I think that the competition is not bad, it improves the products.

If you think that I have played dirty, ok. It is your opinion and I respect it, but do not impose that I remove the video or make another with the new firmware, because SOME bugs have been corrected, (BTW, still not all.)

My video is true and if any data showed or any comparison you think is manipulated, prove it.

It is very easy to say that some bugs showed in my video have now been fixed, but what about the hundreds and hundreds of TF1230s out there now?
Is it easy for all those people to update the firmware now?

You should be grateful John instead of being angry. Have you thought what would have happened if I had never launched this video? Do you think Stephen L. would have updated the firmware?

Last edited by Estrayk; 01 November 2021 at 18:54.
Old 01 November 2021, 19:14   #46
Chucky

ifyou had reported theissues the firmware had been updated. you show a poor taste by holding bugs for yourself. it seems that you do not believe in your product so you need to make your product better in a video that is not even clear it is biased.

why not actually boost of your card what is have? report bugs.. show that you are a good guy and win points by that..

i mean. the Warp 1260 would be a "competitor" to the Tf1260. still I fixed hw issue on boards that was sent out (early boards) with a HW issue on.. FOR FREE!.. I even sent them a complete TF1260 withut they knowing it FOR FREE. as a token what I think abouto their job. why? as it should be like that imho..
any bug? I would report it as soon as I found it. why? well why not?

only prodct I would not do it on is the vamp. but then I am VERY VERY open with that I want it to fail.

if there would be a situation that you would found out that "ops we did a fkcup and a hw patch would be neeed" I can say one thing: due to your dirty handlig. I will not help..

(like I help ZZ9000 boards etc)

not as tsunamy is a "competitor" that I do not care about. but the dirty way of promoting your card. promote your card what you are good on. show htat you are a good guy and THAT is why your product is good. not by being .. sorry to say it "a dick"

I will do a video how to flash the TFs. actually got another plan that anyone could quite easy do a flash of a TF card with just a raspberry pi. (ANY pi!)

your video is not true as you held bugs for yourself. it was fixed not even a hour after your release.. it was just a pile of poo!
Old 01 November 2021, 20:05   #47
Estrayk

I see Here the conflict very clearly. You have an opinion that my video has been done playing dirty. And I think that I simply show a reality.

What you have to understand is that it is a difference of opinions, it is not that you are right or I am right.

Let people judge.
Old 01 November 2021, 20:27   #48
tolkien
AmigaMan

It seems that those TF needs a deeper work from its betatesters before attempt to sell it.
How can a man catch so many bugs in a go and no betatesters see it?
I think Estrayk is not the problem of a faulty product done by whoever done it.

Afterall...I think is good to see so variety of choices.
Old 01 November 2021, 20:49   #49
Chucky

the TF is relying on people reporting in issues. but if people are dicks and keep it for themselves they only hurt the community. there are no "betatesters" it is a communitydriven thing
Old 01 November 2021, 22:18   #50
heitzek

I think you got it wrong

Quote:
the TF is relying on people reporting in issues. but if people are dicks and keep it for themselves they only hurt the community. there are no "betatesters" it is a communitydriven thing
I think is not a matter of fair or unfair play, this is from Mr.Leary himself, on the exxos forum:

----
https://www.exxoshost.co.uk/forum/vi...tart=20#p73285

by terriblefire » Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:02 pm
I mean if these guys want to chase compatibility to this level then fair play to them. I'm only ever going to chase it to what WinUAE does.

----

And that is the whole point, the TF accelerators are benchmarked against WinUAE, not a real Blizzard 1230IV, therefore, the testing process is not strict enough by design and conciously.

Therefore, there is no dirt play, is just what it is.
Old 01 November 2021, 22:21   #51
Chucky

Or you totally missed the point..
Old 01 November 2021, 22:23   #52
Chucky

the dirty thing is still they have a list of bugs but refuse to tell it. instead do a crappy video "ohh look how good our card is" when then know it will be fixed fast after the release. but their (now after fix false!) video is still out there showing information that is no longer true..

not having enough confidence in their own product so they need to show what will be false information to make a sell..
Old 01 November 2021, 22:47   #53
nikosidis

This reminds me of the videos with 060 against Vampire.

I would say that be aware, that this can happen when hardware is buggy.

Even in the old days we had different cards with different problems.

Personally I love my Blizzard IV. Would not change it for any other accelerator.

I also had Cyberstorm PPC with 060, lots of compatibility problems.
Old 01 November 2021, 23:16   #54
Estrayk

I have edited the description of the youtube video saying that there is a new version of the TF firmware that removes some of the bugs showed.
Old 02 November 2021, 08:25   #55
Chucky

Look.. you have a card that have a big advantage over the TF! expansionport.. tell what it is about .. sell it on THAT point and no need to dig a pile of poo of lies.. sell for what the card is GOOD for. do it proper. show confidence of your product.. do it proper! and clean!
Old 02 November 2021, 08:27   #56
Chucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikosidis View Post
This reminds me of the videos with 060 against Vampire.

I would say that be aware, that this can happen when hardware is buggy.

Even in the old days we had different cards with different problems.

Personally I love my Blizzard IV. Would not change it for any other accelerator.

I also had Cyberstorm PPC with 060, lots of compatibility problems.

the cyberstorm PPC had no compabilityissues. not even the bppc even if the BPPC was a extremly hard card to get stable. ironical when it came to the bppc. the biggest issues it had was the built in 040/060 library that quickly got out of date and was hard to replace. so a thing that was planned in the beginning to be easy to use got a pain to use
Old 02 November 2021, 12:11   #57
utri007
mä vaan

I don't see a problem with that video. There is no reason to get sentimental with things like this. Some competition is always OK. I watch video without a voice, so hopefully there is nothing more.
Old 02 November 2021, 12:30   #58
stevelord

Quote:
as this wasn't meant as a fair "vs" video but a poor way of promoting the tsunami. a rematch will not happen.

Not down to you.
Old 02 November 2021, 14:58   #59
nikosidis

Quote:
the cyberstorm PPC had no compabilityissues. not even the bppc even if the BPPC was a extremly hard card to get stable. ironical when it came to the bppc. the biggest issues it had was the built in 040/060 library that quickly got out of date and was hard to replace. so a thing that was planned in the beginning to be easy to use got a pain to use
Before whd-load came to life a lot of games did not work. Even with AGA on standard A1200 a lot of games did not work. Regarding the demo scene things get even worse. That is not only in the past but also present.
This is in many ways the problem with Amiga. So many configurations and so much that can go wrong.

At least with Bizzard IV 030 there is no issues with software made for 020.

Last edited by nikosidis; 02 November 2021 at 15:04.
Old 02 November 2021, 15:55   #60
Estrayk

Chucky and me have talked and we have thought that it is better that there is a good understanding between us.
I have removed the video from youtube.

We think that it is better to get along than not to start a senseless war. We both want the best for the community and it is true that this is not the way to achieve it.