English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 05 October 2022, 22:17   #561
Photon

@lubomyr, I hope all is well with you in these times.

I've understood that this is the most current Amiga emulator for Android.

The emulator has the problem of arrow keys being hard-bound to the joystick in port 2 regardless of settings, which means you can't use them in games or edit text etc. I'm using a normal, new Bluetooth keyboard which works in other apps.

I would like to help on this project, and I can also help test a new version. The same goes for someone who makes or has made a pull request.
Old 17 October 2022, 22:18   #562
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BippyM View Post
I know the real life feeling, and I think you should look to join the Amiberry team as that is where things are headed..
Where is Amiberry Android?

Let me know the most current effort and I offer my help for this project.

UAE4ARM is still the closest to proper emulation on Android that I've seen.

How is FS-UAE handling the pull-the-rug move by Apple to ARM on Mac? Emulation of emulation or port?
Old 17 October 2022, 23:01   #563
midwan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photon View Post
Where is Amiberry Android?

Let me know the most current effort and I offer my help for this project.

UAE4ARM is still the closest to proper emulation on Android that I've seen.

How is FS-UAE handling the pull-the-rug move by Apple to ARM on Mac? Emulation of emulation or port?
Hej Photon!
Amiberry doesn't have a (released) Android version at the moment. There was an attempt to do that with a contributor, but unfortunately, he hasn't shown any life signs for the last 3 years. The last we had done with it was an early alpha version.

However, all the Android code changes are still in the repo (with #ifdef sections), so the thing that is mostly missing is the Android-specific "glue" and bits. If anyone would like to help with that, it would be fantastic!

I do not have enough time go into it myself currently, so we need someone with Android development knowledge to assist.

All the code is on Github: https://github.com/blitterstudio/amiberry
Old 18 October 2022, 00:32   #564
Photon

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwan View Post
Hej Photon!
Amiberry doesn't have a (released) Android version at the moment. There was an attempt to do that with a contributor, but unfortunately, he hasn't shown any life signs for the last 3 years. The last we had done with it was an early alpha version.

However, all the Android code changes are still in the repo (with #ifdef sections), so the thing that is mostly missing is the Android-specific "glue" and bits. If anyone would like to help with that, it would be fantastic!

I do not have enough time go into it myself currently, so we need someone with Android development knowledge to assist.

All the code is on Github: https://github.com/blitterstudio/amiberry
If this repo does not target Android 9+ specifically I'll pass. Just way too much work, sorry

Currently have newer .apk of UAE4ARM running on device and ready to publish an Amiga emulator for Android on Google Play, except 15 months ago, Google forced .aab for *new* apps (just like Apple has forced anything and everything through XCode with deprecation every two weeks). Reason for 'store is Samsung prohibiting classifying apps added to its game launcher as game. A text field of 4 characters. Pitiful.

Aren't "devices" trash tho. One more reason to "defend the desktop" which nobody seems to be doing. I'm ready to give up already. This coming from a dev who has published 40+ apps for Android and IOS over 10+ years.

Gooooood night.
Old 03 June 2023, 19:14   #565
Retro1234
Phone Homer

I can't access my SDcard is this normal?
Old 07 June 2023, 21:14   #566
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro1234 View Post
Gonna bump this - I don't remember this problem but I have new phone - Anyone one have experience with Uae4arm?
Old 07 June 2023, 23:25   #567
Nor Bert
Norbert

Enter (correct) the path to the SD card manually. For me, the sd card is /storage/0123-4567, the phone memory is /storage/emulated/0. UAE4ARM doesn't work well on newer versions of Android (security issue). A new version of UAE4ARM is needed. I have a slightly improved (by a friend) version of this emulator. It works better on than the last one available on github
Old 07 June 2023, 23:33   #568
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Ok thanks can you upload it?
Old 08 June 2023, 00:48   #569
Coagulus
Gets there in the end...

Quote:
I couldn't access my sd card using any of the Amiga emulators on the store you can't even access outside of the starting folder

Nor can you access the starting folder outside of the emulator so you can't add images or roms.

I think this is an Android 10+ issue. All my recent phones have been Samsung though too.

To emulate Amiga I can only get PUAE to work a bit, VAmiga web based emulator or UAE4ALL on Dreamcast!
Old 08 June 2023, 11:42   #570
Retro1234
Phone Homer

I think it is an Android issue. After further investigation, some of my oldest apps including a old file manager and ePSXe can't see my SD card. But all newer apps can.

Something like this https://www.reddit.com/r/EmulationOn...fter_my_phone/

I think it's because of something called Scoped Storage - Android 11+

Last edited by Retro1234; 08 June 2023 at 11:59.
Old 08 June 2023, 21:07   #571
Coagulus
Gets there in the end...

Quote:
I think it is an Android issue. After further investigation, some of my oldest apps including a old file manager and ePSXe can't see my SD card. But all newer apps can.

Something like this https://www.reddit.com/r/EmulationOn...fter_my_phone/

I think it's because of something called Scoped Storage - Android 11+
Yeah I'd read that scoped storage has a habit of messing up old apps. Shame its mainly emulators and file managers
Old 09 June 2023, 01:26   #572
Photon

Wouldn't want people to actually do stuff on their "devices" now would we.

It's why devices will never have the features of desktops. It's a shame, because devices are more portable and can do the exact same thing, if supported.

Yes, I'm young. I still remember 2013-2015, when these things were possible. In 2023, in this our future, they are not possible. I feel very old! What will we tell our children about these 3 golden years!?

The years when suits and polonecks and sons of suits and polonecks didn't fuck with devs supporting their platform. Well, they can have their five apps, good luck everyone finding an OS that supports installing software for it, and I'll see you in the futu- oh wait. I'll see you never, then.
Old 09 June 2023, 13:34   #573
EctoOne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nor Bert View Post
Enter (correct) the path to the SD card manually. For me, the sd card is /storage/0123-4567, the phone memory is /storage/emulated/0. UAE4ARM doesn't work well on newer versions of Android (security issue). A new version of UAE4ARM is needed. I have a slightly improved (by a friend) version of this emulator. It works better on than the last one available on github
Does your version allow you to write files with that path? Because I'm using the one from play store and have been using those parts for some files. But I'm not able to store my hdf for example on my sd because android doesn't allow to write to those.