English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 09 September 2016, 11:56   #21
Amigajay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solo Kazuki View Post
Change It have four versions: AmigaOS3 (68k), AmigaOS4, MorphOS and AROS. 68k version work on RTG or AGA. Additionally you have lots of skins.

Btw: X68?
I meant 68k, it was late when i replied!

But yeah i meant for classic hardware, OCS 68000, AGA 68020 hardware, if the example i gave was for Atari ST then its more than possible!

Of course the dev would to be passionate about any project to get it done and its a no to this type of game for now!
Old 09 September 2016, 12:34   #22
seuden
uber cool demi god

Eggstatic on the CPC
Old 09 September 2016, 12:43   #23
Master484

Wavy Navy on the C64:

[ Show youtube player ]

It's like space invaders, but on open sea with a cool wave effect. Very addictive.
Old 09 September 2016, 17:23   #24
PortuguesePilot
Global Moderator

Thanks for all your generosity, both for making games for us and - especially - for sharing the code.

As for the new game, I always enjoyed top-down racers like Nitro and Indy Heat, so something in those lines would great. The Amiga lacks a good OCS "Bejewelled-like", as many have said before me, so that would be great as well. I always found that with a cute, cooperative 2-player one-level-at-a-time game like Snow Bros, Pang or Rod-Land is were the old A500 seems to sparkle the most, so one of those would be great as well. A nice, fast-paced (50fps) shot-em-up is always welcome (being it horizontal or vertical). Fashioning a simple strategy game, like SimCity or Historyline probably wouldn't take much time, I think. The Amiga has a huge amount of platformers, albeit only a select few are any good, so a good, well-designed and two-button platformer will be welcomed. The choices are plentiful.

In the end, you can do whatever you want. We'll be grateful for it, regardless of what it is.
Old 09 September 2016, 17:47   #25
WayneK

"Door Door" looks excellent, of the suggest genres/titles that would definitely get my vote
Doesn't look too technically demanding/time-intesive to develop either...
Old 09 September 2016, 21:47   #26
Selur

I would try some ZX Spectrum games like [ Show youtube player ]
Some of them are simple and have quite good playability.
Old 09 September 2016, 22:38   #27
clenched

I think Beach Head could go together fast. No musician needed. Single screens with only a few sprites to move. The one part that does scroll isn't big and could be handled with an oversized bitmap. The graphics from the C64 could be used and jazzed up later if an artist came on board.

Other posts on this board have already expressed wishes to have this for Amiga. There was favorable response in Raid Over Moscow remake thread so these Access games seem to be held in high esteem.

I would suggest to consult with hipoonios first just in case some shyster decides to come slithering out of the woodwork.
Old 09 September 2016, 23:12   #28
eXeler0

FYI, should you decide to do the infinite Runner in Mode 7 thing (against all odds as it seems), I'll help u with the graphics myself ;-)

Skickat från min HTC One via Tapatalk
Old 10 September 2016, 11:19   #29
Graham Humphrey

Wow, I am amazed to see so many replies!

Again thanks to everyone who has taken the time and effort to give me ideas.

Whatever I choose, it would be relatively simple and certainly not a commercial-standard game. I like to think I can write something that can hold its own with most of the decent PD games. Perhaps something good you'd sometimes get off a magazine coverdisk.

So for this reason, I think a strategy game, a racing game and things like that are probably beyond my scope at the moment. Likewise, SNES Mode 7-like graphical effects would be too challenging technically for me, and probably not easy in Blitz Basic either. However, the 'infinite runner' style is something I have thought about, perhaps a more conventional 2D side-scrolling affair but it is an option for sure.

One of my favourites so far is certainly Door Door. As idrougge says, the graphics certainly contribute to its charm and it's probably hard to capture that quirkiness and character, but the concept itself is quite cute and is probably one of the politest games I've ever seen (I mean, holding the door open for someone...!). It's got potential, that one. That would also cover the suggestion of an arcadey single-screen platformer (and you could throw in a two-player mode without much bother). Thanks to idrougge for this idea.

I'd also like to thank Selur for posting the Spectrum link - I haven't watched it all yet but this has triggered something for me (I have a Speccy +2 under my desk with a DivMMC attached so you'd think I wouldn't need a trigger). There's a game released in 2008 called Rallybug which I really like and which I've now been reminded of. It's essentially a one-way-scrolling platformer where you control a car, and collect letters to guess a six-letter word hangman-style at the end of a level (!). It's better than I make it sound (EDIT: This video doesn't have this element and has flags instead of letters to pick up)

[ Show youtube player ]

So, current games under serious consideration are:

- Super Crate Box-style platformer (with additional multiplayer)

- 2D Infinite Runner style (Canabalt-style?)

- A game using the Door Door concept

- A game using the Rallybug concept

Feel free to post others still Cheers all!
Old 10 September 2016, 12:11   #30
Raislin77it
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham Humphrey View Post
One of my favourites so far is certainly Door Door. As idrougge says, the graphics certainly contribute to its charm and it's probably hard to capture that quirkiness and character, but the concept itself is quite cute and is probably one of the politest games I've ever seen (I mean, holding the door open for someone...!). It's got potential, that one. That would also cover the suggestion of an arcadey single-screen platformer (and you could throw in a two-player mode without much bother). Thanks to idrougge for this idea.
there is also haggleman from retro game center, it's similar to door door but better graphically speaking

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 10 September 2016, 13:54   #31
BarryB
Amigaholic

Please do Poster Paster from C64:

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 10 September 2016, 15:06   #32
DamienD
Banned

What about something like the arcade "Crazy Climber"?

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 10 September 2016, 16:28   #33
Selur

Simple arcade-maze game with collecting and using items
[ Show youtube player ]

...and the legendary 'Robin of the Wood'
[ Show youtube player ]
Old 10 September 2016, 17:12   #34
JudasEZT

Make a game like Cabal.

Just with a proper button to release grenades, please.
Old 10 September 2016, 23:29   #35
Solo Kazuki

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudasEZT View Post
Make a game like Cabal.

Just with a proper button to release grenades, please.
It's lots of work. But if it's not a problem, maybe something like port of Wild Guns for AGA?

[ Show youtube player ]

BTW: There's WHDLoad fix for Cabal. Grenades are on 2nd button now, fire+down is disabled.
Old 11 September 2016, 01:57   #36
markpjd
Games-Coffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amigajay View Post
[ Show youtube player ]

A Bejeweled clone, like the one someone made for the Atari ST above, but with at least the movement animation added, looks weird without it!
This...

This would be awesome...

Bejeweled is awesome, used to play it on Facebook whilst at work and seeing as I don't use Facebook anymore, and found the Android version quite dull - I would rather look forward to a version on a computer that has brought me so much entertainment over many many years.
Old 11 September 2016, 02:24   #37
Meshuggah
1200 gamer

A shmups, in the vein of Blazing Lasers, maybe with a simultaneous 2 players mode. That'd be awesome!

Envoyé de mon SM-N910F en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 11 September 2016, 04:01   #38
Adrian Browne
Jackie Chan

Simple platformer with a pogo stick as main character.
Old 11 September 2016, 21:31   #39
Leandro Jardim

On MSX there are Knightmare a fun shoot'em'up and King's Valley a cool puzzle, both from Konami. They deserve a place on every Amiga collection too.

Knightmare: [ Show youtube player ]
King's Valley: [ Show youtube player ]
Old 12 September 2016, 00:54   #40
Galder
Amiga is my Goddess

How about Ghost chaser???
http://www.mobygames.com/game/ghost-chaser