English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. General

Old 03 May 2013, 00:27   #1
AmigaDave

MUI Programming Instruction offered

Given that I have had trouble staying on track toward becoming a productive Amiga programmer, I have requested help from some of our existing experienced programmers to pass on their knowledge and expertise.

Amiga programming is a different animal than that of the other mainstream platforms, and the unique knowledge that many of our most experienced programmers have locked away in their brains, is diminished every time one of our existing programmers leaves the Amiga community for any reason.

We need to preserve as much of that valuable information as possible, as well as develop new programmers for our community. My proposal is to form a group of student programmers that are willing to pay a weekly fee to be taught by one or more of our most talented existing Amiga programmers, via IRC and all existing programming tutorial resources.

If any of you are interested in learning to program on the Amiga, and/or Amiga-Like systems, please join me in this new endeavor. If you are an existing experienced Amiga programmer who would be willing to help teach this group of students, please contact me for details on how to receive some compensation for a little bit of your time.

Currently I have one experienced programmer interested in participating with this project as an instructor. I am hoping that I can find at least 10 to 20 Amiga users who are willing to pay a small tuition fee for instruction from experienced Amiga programmers. We will begin with MUI programming, because it is available on the widest range of Amiga and Amiga-Like platforms, but will cover other areas of Amiga programming as well, in the future.

If you have ever had even a small interest in becoming able to program on the Amiga and/or Amiga-Like platforms, please join me in this effort. It could lead to good things in the future.
Old 03 May 2013, 22:20   #2
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

Sounds cool.

How would the teaching be done, in person, via documents or MSN/Skype?
Old 03 May 2013, 23:34   #3
AmigaDave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonewolf10 View Post
Sounds cool.

How would the teaching be done, in person, via documents or MSN/Skype?
The exact details are still being worked on, but my initial idea was to use existing programming resources in addition to new content provided by the instructor(s), plus do a weekly IRC session for questions and answers.

If the instructor(s) decide to create new video tutorials, that would also be great.

Other suggestions are welcome, please post them here, or send me a private PMail, or email.

To clarify, the programming language that will be taught will be the "C" programming language. MUI will be just one part of the whole range of programming topics that will be covered. If I can find one or more suitable instructors for the Hollywood programming language, I may try to set up a sister project for that language as well.

All additional ideas and questions are welcome. This is just getting started and is still in the idea formation process.