English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 20 December 2009, 18:10   #1
dabone

Amiga BBS

I want to setup a bbs on my 1200, but infomation and help seems very thin on this subject.
I've got a 1200 with a 030/33 and 32 meg of ram. For connectivity I have either ethernet, (wired or wireless) or a lantronix wiport adapter I built.
(Serial to ethernet bridge with modem emulation).
I was hoping to find something like amiexpress, but have been unable to find a copy of the 4.xx release or any documentation to help me get started. I never ran a bbs on my amiga back in the day, all my bbs's were pc based using either wildcat or remote access software.
So any help would be much appreciated.

Later,
dabone
Old 20 December 2009, 19:12   #2
chusete

Hi dabone, Im configuring Amiexpress too. I found two /X versions in:
uzisuicide.servebbs.org
spatulacity.servebbs.org
Connect using Ncomm. There are documents with info and ansi editors too.
Old 20 December 2009, 19:22   #3
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by dabone View Post
I was hoping to find something like amiexpress, but have been unable to find a copy of the 4.xx release or any documentation to help me get started.
Hi dabone,

you can find can find AmiExpress 4 Pro on the EAB file server (http://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=43633) in the folder 'TOSEC/Applications/[ADF]'. Hope that helps
Old 21 December 2009, 00:03   #4
dabone

Has anyone ever gotten that version to run? The Acp file from that install is only 41 bytes. So that version is either corrupt or from what I can gather from the install log it's to update a current install.
So I'm still looking for a complete hd install of amiexpress or a newer cnet if possible.
I have been digging around and looking in the regular places for about 2 weeks with no luck. The latest cnet installs I've found are version 3.05c.

Thanks again.
Later,
dabone
Old 23 December 2009, 21:04   #5
hit

i've version 4.9 (not tested) with a 60 KByte acp file, maybe this works somehow. i also upped some more of them. maybe something usefull/working.

Edit: found the page, wher i grabed the 4.0 crk: http://www.ko2000.nu/AmiX/

Last edited by hit; 23 December 2009 at 21:11.
Old 23 December 2009, 23:46   #6
dabone

That's a ips crack for a certain release of amiexpress.
It doesn't have the actual program with it.
So unless I find that version of Amiexpress 4.9 the crack doesn't really help much....

When I was setting up my c128 bbs, I had lots of software to choose from and all was easily found, Amiga is proving to be a completely different beast.

Later,
dabone
Old 24 December 2009, 00:59   #7
hit

hmm, another try: amiXpress 4.3 with docs (guide). have a look into the zone
Old 24 December 2009, 01:37   #8
Amiga-Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by chusete View Post
Hi dabone, Im configuring Amiexpress too. I found two /X versions in:
uzisuicide.servebbs.org
spatulacity.servebbs.org
Connect using Ncomm. There are documents with info and ansi editors too.
you can use for those bbs'en dc-telnet , those bbs'en running on telnet , the same that myn bbs runs on

try it digitalx.servebbs.net 6nodez running /X 4.20 reg.
Old 24 December 2009, 03:10   #9
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
Quote:
Originally Posted by dabone View Post
I want to setup a bbs on my 1200, but infomation and help seems very thin on this subject.
I've got a 1200 with a 030/33 and 32 meg of ram. For connectivity I have either ethernet, (wired or wireless) or a lantronix wiport adapter I built.
(Serial to ethernet bridge with modem emulation).
I was hoping to find something like amiexpress, but have been unable to find a copy of the 4.xx release or any documentation to help me get started. I never ran a bbs on my amiga back in the day, all my bbs's were pc based using either wildcat or remote access software.
So any help would be much appreciated.

Later,
dabone
Hey there,

I am running /X on my A1200 and have the 4.9+ full crack on my BBS for download. I tested it, and it worked, but I went back to my old registered 4.3 which as far as I can tell is no different than 4.9. There are some things you may be interested to know.
  • I can only get the BBS to work with telnetd.device and have problems with the system (Well Miami-DX actually) locking up during or after uploads. There is a sysop, Amiga-Digital I believe, that has the telser.device working but I can't get it to work... He says there are no problems with his setup.
  • If you use a stock A1200 IDE interface with a hard disk or compact flash card, your CPU will peg at 100% during all uploads rendering your second node and the rest of your A1200 effectively useless for the duration of the upload.
There are other things but it does work... I have started an Ami-Express Sysops group on facebook if you are interested. Donny (from Uzi-suicide) and I check that frequently and there are some retired legends from the Amiga scene in there as well. Drop by and we will try and get you up and running.

Last edited by illy5603; 24 December 2009 at 03:22.
Old 24 December 2009, 09:20   #10
Amiga-Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by illy5603 View Post
Hey there,

I am running /X on my A1200 and have the 4.9+ full crack on my BBS for download. I tested it, and it worked, but I went back to my old registered 4.3 which as far as I can tell is no different than 4.9. There are some things you may be interested to know.
  • I can only get the BBS to work with telnetd.device and have problems with the system (Well Miami-DX actually) locking up during or after uploads. There is a sysop, Amiga-Digital I believe, that has the telser.device working but I can't get it to work... He says there are no problems with his setup.
  • If you use a stock A1200 IDE interface with a hard disk or compact flash card, your CPU will peg at 100% during all uploads rendering your second node and the rest of your A1200 effectively useless for the duration of the upload.
There are other things but it does work... I have started an Ami-Express Sysops group on facebook if you are interested. Donny (from Uzi-suicide) and I check that frequently and there are some retired legends from the Amiga scene in there as well. Drop by and we will try and get you up and running.
hi

i have never problems with the telser.device
i use amitcp and miami-dx

amitcp i use for the telser.device and miami to connect the amiga on the internet and with that i start amiexpress and it run's

i use telser sins 1998

the only problem that i have are some doors don'y work on the amigaOS3.9 amiexpress will beter runs on the OS3.1

but on os3.9 you can use a big hd for the warez
i use a 160gig ide with a adapter ide-2-scsi , so that the ide be a scsi disk , for the upload i use a 4gig of the 160 the rest are 8gig /X can not see disks bigger than 4gig
Old 24 December 2009, 17:36   #11
dabone

Ok, thanks to all!!
I've got it installed and running a little... now I just need to read the manual to figure out setting up users and menus and etc etc etc..

later,
dabone
Old 24 December 2009, 18:43   #12
illy5603

Send a message via MSN to illy5603
@dabone,

Great! Let us know when you want some test users!

@Amiga Digital,

Can you LHA up your entire Amitcp: directory? I am missing something I guess. I can get the bbs to say "Awaiting Connect 56000" but when I try to telnet in I get "Connection refused" from the client side and nothing on the BBS side. I am only using two nodes, so I modified the config files you gave me to match my devices (1 and 2 instead of 0-6) but still no luck...
Old 25 December 2009, 00:00   #13
Amiga-Digital

Quote:
Originally Posted by illy5603 View Post
@dabone,

Great! Let us know when you want some test users!

@Amiga Digital,

Can you LHA up your entire Amitcp: directory? I am missing something I guess. I can get the bbs to say "Awaiting Connect 56000" but when I try to telnet in I get "Connection refused" from the client side and nothing on the BBS side. I am only using two nodes, so I modified the config files you gave me to match my devices (1 and 2 instead of 0-6) but still no luck...
sure i can do that for you i will lock in the config file to change myn status to your status so that you can use it

you will see soon the file on your bbs

cheers
Old 12 January 2010, 20:52   #14
Chaeo
Monkey Slapper

Sent you a private message, dabone - but I'll put the file links here as well:

http://www.amiexpress.co.uk/files/amiga1.zip
http://www.amiexpress.co.uk/files/amiga2.zip

/X v4.12 designed for WinUAE - read the readme in /other - will work on a real
Amiga (1200 = I know for sure).