English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > Looking for a game name ?

Old 23 August 2007, 14:21   #1
bitstate

[Found: Leander] Looking for a samurai/ninja game.

Hi there, i'm trying to figure out one of the games i played a long time ago on an amiga1200, i think i ran it on the 500 as well, but not sure i'd be really grateful if anyone can figure out what this thing is cause it's drivi'n me nuts not to know..

It was a platformer with a samurai/ninja thingy, i remember you could purchase/upgrade the sword (changing the player colour) and if you held down the firebutton for a while i think you'd actually commit suicide or similar (player went red anyhow).

You fought inside caves against some wierd kinda insects and parts of the game was outside. I Think it could have been some beta or other wierd stuff cause i'm pretty sure the game was unable to finish, some place where you could not jump up or past. But there was atleast multiple levels.. atleast i think so... I don't remeber anything explicitly stating that it was a demo atleast..

best regards )
Andreas

Old 23 August 2007, 14:22   #2
BippyM
Global Moderator

Sounds like Leander and it couldn't be finished because the cracked version you used was not cracked properly

Search eab for more info mate
Old 23 August 2007, 14:28   #3
bitstate

thanks alot!.. the letters ae and l just stroke me but i still couldn't figure out the full name..

Old 23 August 2007, 14:30   #4
BippyM
Global Moderator

No worries mate.. and welcome to EAB
Old 23 August 2007, 14:51   #5
Basquemactee1
Old Fart New WinUAE user

Or also sounds like either First Samurai or Second Samurai

http://hol.abime.net/563
http://hol.abime.net/1855
Old 23 August 2007, 14:53   #6
BippyM
Global Moderator

Nah it's definately Leander, no other samurai platform game allows you to self destruct and your player actually changes colour (energy/health)!

Quite innovative if you ask me

Also I don't remember there being any issues with First Samurai cracks (Though I have been demi-avtive past few weeks) so I could be wrong!
Old 23 August 2007, 14:56   #7
Basquemactee1
Old Fart New WinUAE user

Fairy nuff. Never played Leander, so never knew about the self destruct bit......I just used to self destruct on Samurai anyway.......just crap at playing it.....lol
Old 23 August 2007, 15:00   #8
BippyM
Global Moderator

hehehe well I played both and preferred Leander tbh.. Dunno why, I just couldn't get into Samurai

You should try leander, it's actually quite a nicely presented game!