Old 24 April 2022, 14:14   #1
Jayenkai

AGameAWeek Games

Games So Far

30-Mar-2022 : SpikeDislike : EAB Thread | AGameAWeek | itch.io
23-Apr-2022 : Flappadiddle : AGameAWeek | itch.io
21-May-2022 : Blockman Gets : AGameAWeek | itch.io

About AGameAWeek

Many many years ago, I found that I have an odd knack for writing "bit-games".. Things that aren't exactly fully featured, but that you can hop in and out of and (usually) have a fun time playing, whether it be for a few minutes, or a ludicrous amount of time.
I'm no artist, so all my games have a .. um.. style to them.
You'll either get used to that, or hate it. Either way, I'm OK with that.

Essentially, I get bored.. I'm stuck at home all day, I have little else I can do, so I write games. I enjoy the puzzle of working out how to code things, and often make games that are merely a way of doing the same thing in a slightly different way! I just enjoy making games, and hopefully you can enjoy the results.

Over at AGameAWeek.com, I write these bit-games at a near constant rate, taking the odd break, but usually managing the obligatory rate. Hence the name of the site.

For the past few years I've been doing Web games and also games using SmileBASIC on the Switch.

This year I've been struggling through a complete re-arrangement of my bedroom and my Amiga600 has taken pride and place, right in front of the new TV, exactly where it oughta be.
I figured I might as well try to do something AGameAWeek'y on there, too, so have started finally learning how to use BlitzBASIC. (I was a firm AMOS fan, back in the day, and although I bought a nice big boxed copy of Blitz, I never got around to using it before "upgrading" to a PC.)

So, here I am, coding games as per usual, because that's all I ever do.
I probably won't be doing weekly for the Amiga. Maybe monthly. Not sure yet. We'll see how it goes.

Why the thread?

Over the years of blasting out literally hundreds of games, people tend to get sick to death of me posting thread after thread after thread to their forums. And who could blame them?
I rarely interact with other threads as I'm far too busy wrapped up in my own silly game making.
I look and act very much like a spambot. Not my fault! I just make oodles of stuff!!!

Rather than plaster forums with all of these threads, nowadays I've instead opted to make singular threads and try my best to keep them as up to date as I can, before I ultimately forget to do so!!

I hope this is OK with the community here, and I apologise if you think this is an even messier way to do it.
Please, please, please do bombard me with hatred if you don't like this way of posting games.

Thanks for reading.
And thanks for playing
\o/yeay\o/

Last edited by Jayenkai; 21 May 2022 at 12:57. Reason: Added another game
Old 24 April 2022, 18:54   #2
hitm4n

Eh up Jayenkai, when did you sneak in here
For the Amiga, nothing less than a gameaday is good enough here
Old 24 April 2022, 19:50   #3
Jayenkai

\o/ hiya!
Answer : I've been a lurker for years, but this past couple of months (since I'm actually coding on my little A600) figured it best to register.
... so, not long as an account holder!! I am an newbie!!
Old 25 April 2022, 13:11   #4
Lineof7s

Welcome to the forum, and to helping make the universe converge all of my hobbies (and supporting forums) into one big one, apparently.
Old 25 April 2022, 15:50   #5
Jayenkai

AGameAWeek : Dishing out the same 5 or 6 games on slightly different platforms, to the same 5 or 6 people, repeatedly.
Old 21 May 2022, 12:56   #6
Jayenkai

Blockman Gets
Available from itch.io or AGameAWeek

Poor little Blockman isn't just hungry. He's REALLY hungry!
If he can't see a food pellet in front of him, he might just die.
Guide him around the maze, and try to eat enough pellets to keep him satisfied enough to make it through to the next level.