English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga Game Factory

Old 27 September 2021, 20:16   #41
Torti-the-Smurf

Is there any chance you can do pixel per pixel scrolling when Wonderboy runs or skating on the Board ?

This was the only thing i never liked about the OG Wonderboy.
The juttering scrolling made me always kinda dizzy

Gotta go fast

Anyway, BIG thanks. Love ya guy´s

Torti
Old 27 September 2021, 20:55   #42
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

By the way, i did realized the Master System version has some extra assets, like an extra suspended bridge environment and a bonus stage; if time constraints allow i would consider put those extra stuff

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 28 September 2021, 10:59   #43
acidbottle

@ torti

I hear you! While it "may" be theoretically possible to write a camera routine for pixel by pixel scrolling, am very unsure if this particular method is possible with scorpion currently. Even in Unity itself it can be a bit complex. AGA I believe introduced sub pixel scrolling to, think earok experimented with this as a feature and turned out was a bit of a pain to implement.

In short, it could be too time consuming, though would love scrolling of ye olden games in this port, just Im not particularly sure of how to go about it.

Cheers for the vids saimon, I did note the master system had some extras in there that do not appear to be in the arcade version.

Time is my enemy always, will add as much as I realistically can. My next big task is likely to be the mushroom/junk food powerup!
Old 28 September 2021, 15:03   #44
Torti-the-Smurf

I thought so.
Still from what i have seen so far you did an banger job on this

Even this
[ Show youtube player ]
remake have the stuttering and it feels even worst than the OG Wonderboy for some reason. i can´t play it. It makes me sick

The OG and your remake scrolling is not so bad and i can play it , well... slow

Thank you so much. Guys like you make the Amiga community so enjoyable.
Pretty much everybody here. Like i said. I love you guys so much.

You warm my heart

You are the true Wonderboy´s and Wondergirl´s
Old 29 September 2021, 09:01   #45
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Hey Acidbottle check your PM, i sent you a test of in-game music
Old 29 September 2021, 14:55   #46
acidbottle

Thank you saimon, epic work and much appreciated
Old 14 October 2021, 08:56   #47
acidbottle

Update 3:

Progress is a bit slower but still a fair bit done. Levels 1 to 4 more or less complete.

- Added junk food mushroom, works nicely.

- Added death egg. death sucks your life but gives a nice score reward if level finished with it! This leaves just the ESC bonus to add but am not making this a priority.

- Level 3 is near enough complete, fine tuning required. Same with Level 4.

- Area boss added, bit of a challenge that was. Probably missing a frame of animation and it is maybe not quite 1:1 with the arcade, though am content it works and can be used for subsequent levels.

- Added a title and menu screen.

- Music supplied by saimon has been implemented, sounds awesome! If your time allows saimon, I may request a fairy egg tune and death egg is the level music, just slower.

- Mostly resolved level 2 bug that saw the player get stuck off screen. It can still occur if you are really unlucky with a jump at a specific point haha!

- Introduced a small bunch of bugs that need sorting out! Need to check through codeblocks to see if end conditions are all correct. I often experience them jumping about which causes some unexpected results.

Am aiming for 6 full areas which is 2 short of the arcade. For the competition, at the very least, area 1 will be playable for all. Really hoping this is ready for the end of November.

copy photos on facebook

Last edited by acidbottle; 14 October 2021 at 09:02.
Old 14 October 2021, 09:04   #48
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

news !
Old 14 October 2021, 09:20   #49
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Looks great, mate..
Old 14 October 2021, 09:38   #50
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Send a message via MSN to dlfrsilver
Quote:
Originally Posted by acidbottle View Post
Update 3:

Progress is a bit slower but still a fair bit done. Levels 1 to 4 more or less complete.

- Added junk food mushroom, works nicely.

- Added death egg. death sucks your life but gives a nice score reward if level finished with it! This leaves just the ESC bonus to add but am not making this a priority.

- Level 3 is near enough complete, fine tuning required. Same with Level 4.

- Area boss added, bit of a challenge that was. Probably missing a frame of animation and it is maybe not quite 1:1 with the arcade, though am content it works and can be used for subsequent levels.

- Added a title and menu screen.

- Music supplied by saimon has been implemented, sounds awesome! If your time allows saimon, I may request a fairy egg tune and death egg is the level music, just slower.

- Mostly resolved level 2 bug that saw the player get stuck off screen. It can still occur if you are really unlucky with a jump at a specific point haha!

- Introduced a small bunch of bugs that need sorting out! Need to check through codeblocks to see if end conditions are all correct. I often experience them jumping about which causes some unexpected results.

Am aiming for 6 full areas which is 2 short of the arcade. For the competition, at the very least, area 1 will be playable for all. Really hoping this is ready for the end of November.

copy photos on facebook
do you need the boss frames that you miss ?
Old 14 October 2021, 10:25   #51
acidbottle

Thanks all!

The boss, am sure, uses 3 animation frames for its stomping effect. I have 2 so looks like its shuffling instead. Tried to grab them but my end result didn't look quite right, not sure I can get my head around it, yet its so simple.

If you happen to have the 3 frames to hand that would be amazing! Have the throwing anims also, just 2 of those were needed, though have not got an animated fireball. Perhaps an animated fireball may even cause a little slowdown.
Old 14 October 2021, 10:36   #52
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Thanks all!

The boss, am sure, uses 3 animation frames for its stomping effect. I have 2 so looks like its shuffling instead. Tried to grab them but my end result didn't look quite right, not sure I can get my head around it, yet its so simple.

If you happen to have the 3 frames to hand that would be amazing! Have the throwing anims also, just 2 of those were needed, though have not got an animated fireball. Perhaps an animated fireball may even cause a little slowdown.
There are not 3 but 4 frames lol.

Here what you want :

https://we.tl/t-uoUbrdmJMJ

I could also provide you the animated fireballs.

EDIT : the fireballs : https://we.tl/t-xVCtvAxo4G (the 3 sets of fireballs used by the bosses, small, middle, big)

I have extracted all the graphics from the arcade roms

Last edited by dlfrsilver; 14 October 2021 at 11:15.
Old 14 October 2021, 10:42   #53
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

do you know btw about this site : https://www.arcadezentrum.com/north/...oy/guide1.html

it contains tons of informations regarding the game in arcade, from areas, levels, bosses, interactions, enemies, bonuses, etc.
Old 14 October 2021, 11:16   #54
nikosidis

Amazed by the fast progress of this conversion.
Looking spot on!! Keep on the great work.
Old 14 October 2021, 11:37   #55
acidbottle

Quote:
Originally Posted by dlfrsilver View Post
do you know btw about this site : https://www.arcadezentrum.com/north/...oy/guide1.html

it contains tons of informations regarding the game in arcade, from areas, levels, bosses, interactions, enemies, bonuses, etc.
I did indeed. Without that site id not have clue about all the score score bonuses without hours upon hours of gameplay! The level maps also come from there also but did require extensive editing and changing about, massive time saver though.

Have to create 2 levels from Area 2 by scratch, however, as the site didn't have them ripped, that will be fun!

Much appreciation for the boss sprite rips to, that is a massive help so thank you
Old 14 October 2021, 17:45   #56
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

Quote:

Am going be out of the country this coming week, so will be hard to work at it until the end of october but count on it
(btw death angel is in the arcade the main tune slowed down and lowered by one octave unless you want something custom)
Old 15 October 2021, 08:25   #57
acidbottle

Thanks saimon, there is no hurry at all and no custom track needed, there may even be a 2 octave slowdown if 2 deaths are obtained at the same time but will not worry about that!

Seems I did have all the necessary animation frames for the boss after all, 2 for the walking and 2 for throwing. Not sure why I cant replicate the arcade style boss movement. May have to record and look at this frame by frame haha. Fireballs now look neat though
Old 15 October 2021, 09:02   #58
dlfrsilver
CaptainM68K-SPS France

Quote:
Thanks saimon, there is no hurry at all and no custom track needed, there may even be a 2 octave slowdown if 2 deaths are obtained at the same time but will not worry about that!

Seems I did have all the necessary animation frames for the boss after all, 2 for the walking and 2 for throwing. Not sure why I cant replicate the arcade style boss movement. May have to record and look at this frame by frame haha. Fireballs now look neat though
I did a good palettizing from the arcade assets
Old 03 November 2021, 17:05   #59
saimon69
J.M.D - Bedroom Musician

I had some time off due to me visiting my family but yesterday i did started to do the work on the angel; for the Death angel i might decide to do a specific song due to difficulties on overlay to the current tune (has to work on the regular and boss stages)
Old 04 November 2021, 12:11   #60
acidbottle

Thank you so much for your time on these tracks saimon, they are sounding great