English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Old Rare Games

Old 24 July 2020, 06:08   #1
Radertified

Plat-Man

Plat-Man.

This one might never have seen the light of day as a full version.

The author appeared on Lemon Amiga in 2007 saying:

Quote:
chizzer - 2007-12-05
I made the game for "The One Amiga" magazine. It was never really finished and it was rushed due to the mag wanting the game for their next edition.

I did write the full version that featured jetset willy, manic miner and monty mole levels, but I'm unsure if I still have the disk.

If I find it, I'll re-post.

Thanks a lot to everyone who played it, I'm really chuffed with that.
A full version does exist but did it ever get sent out to registered users? If not, does the author still have a copy?

He had a stint on Twitter at https://twitter.com/chizzer/ up to 2010 so anyone on Twitter want to contact him and perhaps he'll get a notification? I've confirmed it's him because of this tweet where he gives his e-mail address at johnhardie.com. That domain is for sale. I don't know if he still owns it or receives e-mail there.

There's also an Instagram with that username at https://www.instagram.com/chizzer/ but there's no posts there so I don't know if it's him or not.

Would love to see this one surface as a full version!
Old 24 July 2020, 23:27   #2
Korodny
Zone Friend

There's a C64 port that was released commercially via Psytronik in 2016, plus a follow-up (with more levels, I guess?) 'Platman Worlds' from 2017. The developers of that port should probably know how to get in touch with John Hardie.

I think a mobile version was planned or even released as well, or at least mentioned somewhere...
Old 09 August 2020, 17:33   #3
Radertified

An update. Not a very good update, but an update

Contacted Psytronik: No reply

Contacted 'Wanax', the coder of the C64 port: Told me he contacted the author via Lemon Amiga.

Contacted the author via Lemon Amiga: No reply. His last post was 2007. I have no idea if he ever logs in to Lemon anymore, although he probably does occasionally if Wanax was able to contact him there.

The search continues.
Old 02 September 2020, 21:10   #4
ACME

I like the game but I've always wondered why it looks like Naughty Ones (1994)
Old 10 February 2021, 10:49   #5
hitm4n

Hi Radertified. Saw your message on my other thread, jumped here and see you have been chasing him like i was a few years back. I did manage to get in touch, he supplied that disk (grab it in the zone), but it is still the 50 room demo version pretty much as we all know.

I also would love to see the full version he talks about. I wonder if anyone did send him cash for the disk, and did he send any out ??

As a fan of the game, did you ever know or try Dots Adventures? The remake that Edgar Vigdal and I did? The demo version of the game includes the Platman map, with some additions and enhancements (like secrets), fully playable to the end. The other maps you had to buy. I think it turned out great
Old 10 February 2021, 15:45   #6
Radertified

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitm4n View Post
I also would love to see the full version he talks about. I wonder if anyone did send him cash for the disk, and did he send any out ??
Would love to know this as well, but it's starting to feel like it was never completed.

Quote:
As a fan of the game, did you ever know or try Dots Adventures? The remake that Edgar Vigdal and I did? The demo version of the game includes the Platman map, with some additions and enhancements (like secrets), fully playable to the end. The other maps you had to buy. I think it turned out great
Yep! I played it way back around the time of release. I played everything Edgar released (Warblade, Dexlue PocMon, etc), though I only ever registered WarBlade.
I think I'll give Dots Adventures another whirl sometime this week
Old 10 February 2021, 17:06   #7
hitm4n

Kastle Kumquat too. I had to pester Edgar a while before he relented and remade it with me. I am proud of that one too, Edgar made that game so smooth. A colleague of mine is playing it now and planning to put a speedrun video up when he has mastered it. I have to keep telling him about secret areas and how to retain keys for getting to extra rooms Kastle Kumquat is free and still can be found online. http://www.warblade.as/kk/kk.html
Old 10 February 2021, 18:05   #8
Radertified

Awesome. I'll get that too!

I didn't know other pages were still hosted under warblade.as. Interesting.
Old 10 February 2021, 19:59   #9
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Kastle Kumquat too.
I've played the Amiga version and it's in my collection.

Quite a difficult game, don't think I can get past 3 screens