English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 20 May 2021, 10:31   #21
BippyM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
I am really sad that shit happened. I consider Damien as a friend. Hopefully it is not permanent ban.
Not knowing the facts, I cannot judge.
At least, this sends the message that nobody is above the rules, which i suppose is a good thing.

He's been banned for two weeks, although after the abuse he threw at me last night and the shit he's telling other members he's lucky I don't make it permanent.. Like I said, his standing in the community and the work he has given has allowed him some extra leeway.

This thread is done with now.
Thanks jotd for your support
Old 20 May 2021, 22:09   #22
Ian
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro-Nerd View Post
Sure, we don't know everything what happend. But i noticed a mood shift against him the last few month. About the time he lost his s-mod powers. The ban can't be related to the Amiga ports thread, that was just annoying bickering between two grown-ups, nothing else. So yes, something happend later via social media as it seems. And there was no way to de-escalate things? I find this hard to believe, Bippy.

For gods sake: you and the whole EAB team, know him more than 15 years. Your diplomatic answer seems a bit flat for me. It not that Graeme or other members didn't do embarrassing things in the last 1-2 years (more than once).
You should've stopped after the first sentence. It's a shame you continued typing to be honest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meynaf View Post
I am really sad that shit happened. I consider Damien as a friend. Hopefully it is not permanent ban.
Not knowing the facts, I cannot judge.
At least, this sends the message that nobody is above the rules, which i suppose is a good thing.
This is the correct response.

I'm sorry if anyone feels this is unjust. You don't have the full facts available to you.

With any luck, Damien takes these two weeks, comes back better than ever.

BippyM has acted with restraint throughout, despite provocation through various means.

Well done mate.