English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Apps

Old 31 January 2010, 14:37   #21
asm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo Boo View Post
You add uaescsi.device or something Or you could set up your Mac HardFile under Basilisk as the hardfiles are compatible.

I thought about basilisk, but am confused by it - not sure what to download and how to get it going. Tried looking at the Win JIT port as well... cant get it working either. ergh.

I did find the rather nifty HFV explorer which lets you create and add stuff to Mac HFS formatted disks, which is basically how I have been getting stuff over to the Mac....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HFVExplorer

but Basilisk (windows or Amiga) doesnt like me.

EDIT:- fixed the dependencies/nags....
Old 31 January 2010, 14:41   #22
cosmicfrog
The 1 who ribbits

Send a message via MSN to cosmicfrog
SheepShaver is a good mac emulator for the PC
http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/sheepshaver
Old 31 January 2010, 15:04   #23
asm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfrog View Post
SheepShaver is a good mac emulator for the PC
http://www.emaculation.com/doku.php/sheepshaver

MMMM interesting.

Basilisk II is compatible with Shapeshifter (the Mac emu I am trying to use/ get going on the amiga) HD files.

Sheepshaver is written by the same guy....

I wonder if they are all "compatible" I.e could I set up a HD file on my PC under Sheepshaver, and transfer it into Shapeshifter on Amiga.......
Old 31 January 2010, 15:26   #24
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

I suspect they would indeed be compatible. HFV files are used by Basilisk, vMac, etc.
Old 31 January 2010, 17:48   #25
asm1

If that is the case... And I get sheepshaver going on my pc then i suppose I can set the hdfile up in winblows with whatever OS.... And run it with shapeshifter in the amiga....... in theory

resisting the urge to call it "Sheepshagger" although I may yet still if I can't get the thing going lol.
Old 31 January 2010, 18:03   #26
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Quote:
Originally Posted by asm1 View Post
resisting the urge to call it "Sheepshagger" although I may yet still if I can't get the thing going lol.
Go on do it!

I dont know if SeepShaver will work I think its a PowerPc Mac emulator and not 68k Mac?

Dont know if this is any help MacOS 7.6.1 pre installed for ShapeShifter
http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=192217

:If your going to transfer to real Amiga probably no point in enabling AHI unless you have a sound card on your Amiga.

Last edited by Retro1234; 31 January 2010 at 18:17.
Old 03 February 2010, 14:12   #27
asm1

Boo Boo

That link would appear to be precisely what I am after although I cant get it working The link that is. Downloaded a file of 0 Bytes. and then upon retrying I cannot get the page to load.

Andrew
Old 03 February 2010, 16:18   #28
Retro1234
Phone Homer

Ok I got the link from another Forum I know its worked before not sure what the problem is now. So I have the file ill Try and upload to the Zone might have to split into 2 files.

Edit:
I cant find the file probably on my laptop that I dont have
If no one can get the link working you can get system 7.5.5 from here
http://www.emaculation.com/articles/starterdisk.zip

Last edited by Retro1234; 03 February 2010 at 16:46.
Old 04 February 2010, 04:14   #29
Madcrow

Just out of curiosity, has anyone compared the speed of Fusion and/or Shapeshifter inside WinUAE, with that of Basilisk II, the native PC Mac emulator? Given that B2 has a CPU engine that is roughly equivalent to the one found in WinUAE back in 2005-2006 (because that is, in fact what it has: an early version of the UAE JIT core), I wouldn't be surprised if WinUAE+Amiga Mac Emulation actually manages to outperform the native solution...
Old 04 February 2010, 17:08   #30
asm1

Well I managed to get OS 8.1 running after a fashion.....

Now moved to Fusion (choicers chioces lol) Altough Mac OS Bombs when loading the Extensions for 8.1. For some reason this is not consistent... i.e. I've rebooted the Amiga in Winuae twice since I started this... with the same error, Division By Zero. As the Extensions are loading, yet on the third Attempt I now have a perfectly Happy Mac OS 8.1 Desktop.

I am wondering if its something to do with the "speed" of the Emulation - Sometimes my 68060 config at the start of Fusion is detected as low as 13 Mhz... others it is @59 Mhz. Bearing in mind I am essentially emulating an emulator could it be the way WinUae is set up ?

Or, on the other hand, OS8.0 on its own without the update is absolutely fine and dandy every time, so perhaps an extension added/modified by 8.1 is causing the emulated mac to sulk.

I have yet to try 7.61, but as it was crashing in Shapeshifter at the same place as 8.1 is doing now, I suspect it might be something similar.

Moved to Fusion because couldn't get anything beyond 7.55 to work at all on Shapeshifter....

Any Ideas (calling DDNI.... you seem to have 8.1 working reliably with Fusion )

Cheers

Andrew
Old 04 February 2010, 23:08   #31
prowler
Global Moderator

Hi Andrew,

You might get Mac OS 8.1 running properly in Fusion if you change 8.1's Finder to Finder 7.5.3

Read about someone else's experience with SheepShaver and Mac OS 8.1 here:
http://www.emaculation.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6062
Old 05 February 2010, 00:58   #32
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Quote:
Well I managed to get OS 8.1 running after a fashion.....

Now moved to Fusion (choicers chioces lol) Altough Mac OS Bombs when loading the Extensions for 8.1. For some reason this is not consistent... i.e. I've rebooted the Amiga in Winuae twice since I started this... with the same error, Division By Zero. As the Extensions are loading, yet on the third Attempt I now have a perfectly Happy Mac OS 8.1 Desktop.

I am wondering if its something to do with the "speed" of the Emulation - Sometimes my 68060 config at the start of Fusion is detected as low as 13 Mhz... others it is @59 Mhz. Bearing in mind I am essentially emulating an emulator could it be the way WinUae is set up ?

Or, on the other hand, OS8.0 on its own without the update is absolutely fine and dandy every time, so perhaps an extension added/modified by 8.1 is causing the emulated mac to sulk.

I have yet to try 7.61, but as it was crashing in Shapeshifter at the same place as 8.1 is doing now, I suspect it might be something similar.

Moved to Fusion because couldn't get anything beyond 7.55 to work at all on Shapeshifter....

Any Ideas (calling DDNI.... you seem to have 8.1 working reliably with Fusion )

Cheers

Andrew
Appleshare was the main extensions I had to remove from an installed macos in order to boot mac OS 7.61
Old 05 February 2010, 01:14   #33
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Dont know if this is any help MacOS 7.6.1 pre installed for ShapeShifter
http://www.wikiupload.com/download_page.php?id=192217
Quote:
That link would appear to be precisely what I am after although I cant get it working The link that is. Downloaded a file of 0 Bytes. and then upon retrying I cannot get the page to load.
Quote:
Ok I got the link from another Forum I know its worked before not sure what the problem is now. So I have the file ill Try and upload to the Zone might have to split into 2 files.

Edit:
I cant find the file probably on my laptop that I dont have
That link wouldn't work for me either.

The good news is that I remember downloading a Mac OS 7.6.1 hardfile once from a site which has long since disappeared, and it's quite possibly the same file.
Old 05 February 2010, 05:23   #34
stefcep2

Quote:
Originally Posted by prowler View Post
That link wouldn't work for me either.

The good news is that I remember downloading a Mac OS 7.6.1 hardfile once from a site which has long since disappeared, and it's quite possibly the same file.
On a real Amiga 7.5.5 was the best anyway. Fastest and most stable. 7.6 didn't add much for 68k that wasn't in 7.5.5
Old 05 February 2010, 21:46   #35
prowler
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefcep2 View Post
On a real Amiga 7.5.5 was the best anyway. Fastest and most stable. 7.6 didn't add much for 68k that wasn't in 7.5.5
Quite so. Mac OS 7.6 was never intended to introduce new features.

When Mac OS 8 was released it was soon found that it was not backwardly compatible with a significant proportion of widely used software which had been written for Systems 6 and 7. For this reason, it was not a popular upgrade, despite being undeniably better looking.

To get around this problem, Apple released Mac OS 7.6, which was basically System 7.5.5 update 2 with Mac OS 8 eye candy.
Old 05 February 2010, 21:57   #36
zipper

Some games did require 7.6.1 so I downloaded it and no problems - except the normal bombs...
Old 08 May 2010, 13:34   #37
meckert

Hi! I have a problem with running Mac Emulation on my 060. Fusion constantly freezes after loading Mac OS . I got shapeshifter to work by commenting out (REMAP8K) tooltype, but it crashes during system 7.5.3 installation. Right now I have system 7.0.1 and I'm trying to install 7.5.3 ...

I know I should turn superscalar off .... but is that mandatory ? It will slow the system down .... should I disable other 060 functions as well ?
Old 08 May 2010, 15:59   #38
zipper

I never turned any 060 caches/features off and didn't have any problems with MacOS 7.x.
Old 08 May 2010, 21:58   #39
Fabie
Banned

I remember the emulation was fantastic on my A1200 apollo1240/40
I used MAC OS 8.0 and the emulation was fast as a real Quadra 840AV
some games I recommend to play there

Alone in the dark
Alone in the dark 2
Abuse - better than pc version
Prince of persia - better than amiga and pc version
Flashback . better than amiga and pc version...run in high res and more colors and more anims
Wolfstein
Old 22 May 2010, 17:20   #40
OSH

Well, I have problem with one thing...can somebody tell me, which CD-Filesystem for Amiga supports resource files? I've heard, AMICDFS can display these files with .rs extension, when CTRL key is pressed during loading of CD-Content. I've installed AMICDFS2.40 under WinUAE 2.2.0 beta 2, but I can't see any resourcer files and I can't copy macintiosh files from CD on Macintosh partition, because I see only DATA files...can somebody help me?