English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 08 September 2010, 12:35   #1
auimag

Wink Amiga User International Celebrates 100

London - September 8th 2010: Amiga User International, fondly known as AUI, today celebrated 100 subscribers to its Facebook page.

AUI was, in 1986, the UK's first news-stand magazine dedicated to to productivity of the Amiga computer worldwide. The print publication closed in 1997 as the Amiga market shrank, but has maintained a web presence - at www.aui-magazine.net - ever since. With the rise in social networking, the team behind the web page decided to venture into this area and relaunched the site and the new Facebook page at this year's Vintage Computer Festival held at Bletchley Park.

Facebook users can search for 'Amiga User International (AUI)' or sign up via the www.aui-magazine.net home page.

The AUI website is dedicated to continuing the tradition of the magazine as started by its founder. Amiga User International was a magazine that took a unique angle on the world of all things Amiga, and quite often beyond, in an effort to broaden the horizons of the readers. It is run on a volunteer basis.
Old 09 September 2010, 02:06   #2
Gavilan
Amiga user & abuser

Send a message via ICQ to Gavilan Send a message via MSN to Gavilan
Hi!!! Excellent page and some very good memories!!!

I remember in that time waiting for newsagent from Buenos Aires to call me, telling me that the mag had arrived. He then wait for my bank deposit and then send the mag (along with other 4 Amiga mags, Amiga Action,Amiga Format , Amiga Comuting and The One) by mail.
The mag were around 6 months old by the time it arrived to Argentina.
Nevertheless, i was so fascinated with such good readings...

I know this may have been asked dozens time to you but never saw that so here it goes: any chance of having scanned issues of such a great mag???

Cheers!

Sebastian