English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 20 March 2008, 02:02   #1
peky

Unhappy CD32 Problem, to boot CDs

hello

Can anybody help please ?
Im trying to run some cd32 games downloaded in ISO format, but winuae doesnt wanna boot any game ... I was trying everything written down in this page..
Im using WinUAE 1.4.6 and Im not able to switch ASCI in Misc config... Why?
There is still the same: uaescsi.device (marked, in grey colour) AdaptecASPI. Sou I edited (config).uae file and switched to NeroASPI (I have Nero installed) but nothing happended, it still does not work . All I can see is logo CD32.

I checked log file and there seems to be everything ok.. (any error report)

Im using standart CD32 config and Deamon tools ver. 4.10,WinXP SP2

What im doing wrong ? Please help me, Im absolutly lost

Last edited by peky; 20 March 2008 at 10:48.

Old 20 March 2008, 02:23   #2
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by peky View Post
hello

Can anybody help please ?
Im trying to run some cd32 games downloaded in ISO format, but winuae doesnt wanna boot any game ... I was trying everything written down in this page..
Im using WinUAE 1.4.6 and Im not able to switch ASCI in Misc config... Why?
There is still the same: uaescsi.device (marked, in grey colour) AdaptecASPI. Sou I edited (config).uae file and switched to NeroASPI (I have Nero installed) but nothing happended, it still does not work . All I can see is logo CD32.

I checked log file and there seems to be everything ok.. (any error report)

Im using standart CD32 config and Deamon tools ver. 4.10,WinXP SP2

What im doing wrong ? Please help me, Im absolutly loss

Just set em up as HD, i.e. device = CD0, path = D: (obviously your path will be your daemon virtual drive), then reset, they will then run fine, as long as nothing is wrong with the iso's.
Old 20 March 2008, 10:26   #3
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOL View Post
Just set em up as HD, i.e. device = CD0, path = D: (obviously your path will be your daemon virtual drive), then reset, they will then run fine, as long as nothing is wrong with the iso's.
Please stop spreading this misinformation. This is not emulating CD32, this is emulating A1200 with HD and using CD32 ripped images.

You do not get CD audio with this method (some games won't work without CD tracks). Some games use custom loader. They do not work in "HD-mode"

Quote:
You can't edit them if emulation is already running.
Old 20 March 2008, 11:33   #4
peky

49-312: uaescsi.device:0 = 'PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17A 3.52'
49-312: uaescsi.device:1 = 'XV3442U DBE185U 1.0 '

This is I can see in my log file (seems to be ok) WinUAE can recognize my CD Drivers.. sou why its not booting up ?

maybe there is problem I have notebook and not desktop PC ...

THX a lot for any help

Old 20 March 2008, 11:37   #5
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
49-312: uaescsi.device:0 = 'PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-K17A 3.52'
49-312: uaescsi.device:1 = 'XV3442U DBE185U 1.0 '

This is I can see in my log file (seems to be ok) WinUAE can recognize my CD Drivers.. sou why its not booting up ?

maybe there is problem I have notebook and not desktop PC ...

THX a lot for any help
You have wrong configuration (or you read so called "guides" that explain it wrong), CD32 does not have scsi.device.

Start with CD32 quickstart mode and make sure uaescsi.device is not enabled and SCSI mode is SPTI.

You sure the CD image is proper CD32 bootable image? Try with regular audio CD (unmount the ISO first). CD32 built-in CD audio player should start.
Old 20 March 2008, 11:49   #6
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Please stop spreading this misinformation. This is not emulating CD32, this is emulating A1200 with HD and using CD32 ripped images.

You do not get CD audio with this method (some games won't work without CD tracks). Some games use custom loader. They do not work in "HD-mode"

You can't edit them if emulation is already running.
Correct, buts thats the only way to get them working. As CD32 emulation never seems to work anymore (I use real CD's not iso's). So I gave up on it, and went back to a really early version of WinUAE where it works flawless.
Old 20 March 2008, 12:39   #7
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Correct, buts thats the only way to get them working. As CD32 emulation never seems to work anymore (I use real CD's not iso's). So I gave up on it, and went back to a really early version of WinUAE where it works flawless.
It does work. (bad answer, bad reply)

EDIT: Post both logs with AUDIO CD in drive. Quickstart mode. (if you don't have 100% confirmed CD32 CD/image)

Last edited by Toni Wilen; 20 March 2008 at 13:00.
Old 20 March 2008, 13:41   #8
peky

Sou I was not able to run quick mode , I dont know that reason. I have seen only black sreen, sou I modified my cd32 configuration file and turn off scsi and turn on SPTI. I have put audio cd and nothing (I tryed put before emulation and also after booting cd32 logo). I added my config and also log file ...

thx
Attached Files
File Type: uae Amiga CD32 (3.1 ROM, AGA).UAE (19.0 KB, 210 views)
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (3.9 KB, 179 views)

Old 20 March 2008, 14:04   #9
thor

In the "Chipset" tab change "Chipset Extra" from "Generic" to "CD32".
Old 20 March 2008, 15:22   #10
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Sou I was not able to run quick mode , I dont know that reason. I have seen only black sreen
Attach log when this happens, thanks.
Old 21 March 2008, 02:03   #11
peky

GREAT ! When I replace Chipset Extra from Generic to CD32, it started to work almost corectly...

But there is still problem with black screen. Now I will try describe that problem:

When I set up Generic (chipset extra), emulation start to work and I was able to see logo of CD32, but
whe I put CD32 (chipset extra) and I start to run Winuae FIRST TIME with cd32 config there is only black screen
(without cd32 logo ). Sou I have to press reset or restart and after this, emulation is working corectly.
Here is important to know, it do like that with mounted, or unmounted cd/image in mechanics.

Before all of this, I had big problem to make cd32 configuration because there was always that black screen
(when I was trying to make cd32 config by myself or from quick start). It has taken 1,5 hour to make my own
cd32 working config. Here, I have to say that I was using good parameters and kickrom for cd32 config !
I dont know how I did it. Maybe I pushed 100 times reset button :} When I saw first time logo cd32 I saved it imediately to config
file. Since I have loaded that saved config it was working properly all the time (with logo) but without booting.

For example: when I dedicate make new cd32 config right now, with the same parameters like before and I will try to
run it, I will see again only black screen and maybe I will have to press restart or reset 100 times again.
Its some kind of anomaly for me, because Im not able to find out reason.

Sou this is my little story :} I think there is a problem with memory or writting down to config file.

If you need my help, just write down which config you wish to see ..

OUU I almost forgot to say very thx for solveing of my problem with booting..

Old 30 November 2008, 13:11   #12
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Attach log when this happens, thanks.
Sorry to drag up an old thread. Im having this problem. On first boot, quick selecting CD32 config and clicking start it loads the CD32 kick rom fine.

When you reset, you get a blank screen with not CPU activity. If you shut down winuae and restart, it again works fine until you reset.

If I change chipset extra to Generic, then start. It boots fine, when I then reset, it again boots fine.

So could this be a problem with the chipset extra option?

Im booting with no CD in drive and im using the lastest WinUAE, also tried V1.4.6.

EDIT:- Been testing more, if I set chipset extra to nothing, it works fine. If I set it to A1200, it also works fine. Its only when setting it to CD32, it works fine once and doesnt work again (until you shut down WinUAE).

Attached is my boot log, not sure if it will help, as its not crashing.
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (11.4 KB, 162 views)

Last edited by FOL; 30 November 2008 at 13:27.
Old 30 November 2008, 13:27   #13
AmigaFriend

Well I always boot with quickstart option for CD32 emulation, real CD32 CD's and CD32 images with Daemon Tools and never had any problem with WinUAE so far.

On reseting everything works fine here.

EDIT: Attached my log
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaebootlog.txt (10.4 KB, 182 views)

Last edited by AmigaFriend; 30 November 2008 at 13:37.
Old 30 November 2008, 13:34   #14
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
If I set it to A1200, it also works fine
CD32 emulation = HARDDRIVES PANEL MUST BE EMPTY! Do not read bad CD32 emulation guides

("harddrive cd" = not a CD32)
Old 30 November 2008, 13:50   #15
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
CD32 emulation = HARDDRIVES PANEL MUST BE EMPTY! Do not read bad CD32 emulation guides

("harddrive cd" = not a CD32)
HUH!!!!!

It is empty. Im not stupid and I know using a HD labeled CD0 aint the way to do it (aint done this for ages, and I only done it as a quick fix, as I had problems before).

Right, lets try to explain a different way. I download a fresh Winuae, installed. Load new winuae, then select CD32 quick start, then click start.

It boots fine and shows CD32 logo, then I reset, it just sits there with a blank screen. So I quit Winuae.

I then reload Winuae and select CD32 quick start, then change chipset extra to nothing (blank), then click start.

It boots fine and shows CD32 logo, then I reset, it resets and shows CD32 logo. I then reset a few more times to test and every time it works.

So, ITS ONLY WHEN "CHIPSET EXTRA" IS SET TO "CD32".
Old 30 November 2008, 13:58   #16
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Then explain it clearly the first time because Chipset Extra not CD32 means you can't boot CD32 disks properly -> Something must be set in harddrives..

Boot = boot from some media in my opinion

And another edit: winuaelog.txt please, winuaebootlog.txt isn't enough..
Old 30 November 2008, 14:04   #17
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
Then explain it clearly the first time because Chipset Extra not CD32 means you can't boot CD32 disks properly -> Something must be set in harddrives..

Boot = boot from some media in my opinion
Hence I said this first "On first boot, quick selecting CD32 config and clicking start it loads the CD32 kick rom fine." .

Forget media, forget HDD's. I dont have a problem with that. Its the "CD32" setting in "CHIPSET EXTRA" option, that seems to be causing my problem.

Also I have noticed, I cant get the Early boot menu to come up. I have tried setting it to match A500 speed, just incase it was running faster than I could press both mouse buttons, .

There is no winuaelog. I attached what was there.
Old 30 November 2008, 14:09   #18
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Hence I said this first "On first boot, quick selecting CD32 config and clicking start it loads the CD32 kick rom fine." .
I also checked the title of this thread..

Quote:
There is no winuaelog. I attached what was there.
There is checkbox in misc-panel.
Old 30 November 2008, 14:13   #19
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Quote:
I also checked the title of this thread..

There is checkbox in misc-panel.

Attached. I reproduced the problem, and it should show in that log.

Yeh sorry, I done a search for the problem I had and this thread was the closest, .
Attached Files
File Type: txt winuaelog.txt (10.6 KB, 225 views)
Old 30 November 2008, 14:22   #20
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Ah, that kind of problem, try adjusting "compatibility level", CD32 KS has issues with non-CD32 like timing.