English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 05 January 2006, 20:08   #1
mike1975uk

Post Premier manager 2 info request

Hi All
I have been playing premier manager 2 on the amiga recently and really getting into it. I have only recently got back into laying it as it has been years since having an amiga. Problem is i seem to be crap at it (although i never used to, honest ). When me and my mates used to play it there was a certain formation you could use for your team and it would make it virtually impossible to get beat. This was not a cheat as such as you still had to buy the right players e.c.t If anyone out there rememebers it then please get in touch. CHEERS!!!

Old 31 January 2006, 10:43   #2
Brickbat

Hi.

I know I have it - if I can find time, I'll dig it out and play it, coz I know that I could beat it (you know, win the European Cup with Grimsby Town, etc.)! Then I'll let you know.

Old 09 March 2006, 17:33   #3
FolkfordUtd

I have been on it non stop for the past 3 days with a friend and i suffer exactly the same as you.

Getting to a point now where i question my own tactics but i'm top drawer on the more modern games! you need to ask yourself whether it'll be tactically updated as an old game with for example Champ Man. My friend does better than me with all his training set to 'Fitness', which is strange. I try and do it properly with the correct training and it does nothing for me!

I'm trying Premier Manager 3, don't like the match engine but it's alot more detailed. I struggle on those tactics abit too!

Old 04 March 2009, 14:43   #4
Sensi
Unregistered User

Post number 600 (100% ghey free)

I used to play this game a lot around 1993 and 1994 and although Henry Rollins calls soccer ghey, I liked that and enjoyed it a lot (finished about 30 seasons and then played it again).
I am not sure there is a formation you will never be beaten with. At the beginning of each season I built up my team as strong as possible, then I set 4-3-3 formation and won almost every match (96% at least). At some point (around three fourths of the season) my team got lost with really strange result (0-3,0-5). When it happened for the first time I was wondering why and tried some changes in my team. By the accident (when I was pretty phucked up) I found that formations like 5-1-4,4-1-5,3-2-5 are unbeatable and my team wasnt beated since then, on the contrary, my players kicked opponent teams asses! When I used these formations from the beginning, happened same thing and I had to change them.
So, in my opinion there is no unbeatable formation, you just have to change formation from time to time and you will be victorious. Just save the position when your results are not good enough and experiment a little. When you find right formation, continue in playing.

Its very boring post but it is not ghey. But when word ghey is used it is ghey post, isnt it? I am confused now
Give me remission of sins, please. Kiss kiss.
Old 04 March 2009, 17:52   #5
DoogUK
Doogster

I'm an old hand at this game. start of as Halifax and choose 5-3-2 sweeper with everything else on normal (passing etc).

I used to start of a 2 player game and choose halifax and dagenham, then would bleed dagenham for their best players.

Also keep starting the game if you get a good 1 scout or less....a good 2 scout lets you buy out of the 3rd division.

If you come across another team playing 5-3-2 sweeper, they can be a bugger to beat...the best formation i found to beat it was 5-1-4 long ball with passing high.
Old 04 March 2009, 17:54   #6
DoogUK
Doogster

Just noticed that post is like years old
Old 04 March 2009, 22:19   #7
Sensi
Unregistered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoogUK View Post
Just noticed that post is like years old
And PM2 is ancient game
I wanted to reach 600th post so i was searching a thread in which i would write something useful.