English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 28 November 2021, 20:08   #1041
paraj

Very very minor issue:

With a faulty program and JIT enabled the debugger window pops up with incomplete disassesmbly:

In B32 (early betas I tried did not pop up the window, only changing state to "HALT3" and stopping):

Code:
0001AC9E 4eae ffca                JSR (A6,-$0036) == $ffffffca
In B33 and later:

Code:
0001ac9e 4eae ffca                jsr ( == $ffffffca
Things otherwise seem to work fine, I'm really only reporting it because the broken output made me suspect something more serious.

EDIT: It's because disasm_areg is 0 (because disasm_init hasn't been called)

Config+ADF attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip broken.zip (10.6 KB, 55 views)

Last edited by paraj; 28 November 2021 at 22:47.
Old 28 November 2021, 22:45   #1042
mstreurman

So I have tried to use the latest RC's (currently at RC3) and it seems that it now always configures Z3 ram... I want it to be as close to the system I own so I can do tests on my system without having to break out my Amiga every single time... is this an error I made somewhere or is this a bug? I checked all of the RAM advanced settings, but nothing has been configured in there to say that it should use ~1.8GB of Z3 FastRAM (UAE) and ~1GB of Real Ram...
Old 28 November 2021, 23:20   #1043
DesertBlizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toni Wilen View Post
Chipset emulation related buffer slowly fills in RTG mode (It shouldn't be even used if RTG is active and chipset display is not visible) and after about ~100 minutes it starts overwriting other variables.
Almost 24 hours uptime and still going!
Old 29 November 2021, 10:54   #1044
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amilo3438 View Post
Not sure if this broke the "Dots (Demo) by Phenomena" in ECS... but maybe it's not important for this release. (so, just for info)

https://eab.abime.net/showpost.php?p...&postcount=852

EDIT: Quote from above link: "But it becomes real end of 1M chip if ECS (even if system only has 512k chip). Which is normally not zeroed. Result is tall bars on top of scroller."
So, maybe it is correct now because there are tall bars on top of scroller in ECS!? (before was only on the side of the screen)
Tall bars are correct if ECS. (But there is also random CLI flickers, again due to IPL timing issues. This will get solved later when I finally add cputester IPL testing that needs some extra hardware)
Old 29 November 2021, 10:57   #1045
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstreurman View Post
So I have tried to use the latest RC's (currently at RC3) and it seems that it now always configures Z3 ram... I want it to be as close to the system I own so I can do tests on my system without having to break out my Amiga every single time... is this an error I made somewhere or is this a bug? I checked all of the RAM advanced settings, but nothing has been configured in there to say that it should use ~1.8GB of Z3 FastRAM (UAE) and ~1GB of Real Ram...
Do you mean "Configured 32-bit address space" text below Memory settings? It only lists max possible Z3 RAM size (and it has not changed, perhaps you updated your PC or Windows?). It does not configure anything.

Check Hardware Info panel for autoconfig details.
Old 29 November 2021, 12:34   #1046
mstreurman

Still a problem

Quote:
Do you mean "Configured 32-bit address space" text below Memory settings? It only lists max possible Z3 RAM size (and it has not changed, perhaps you updated your PC or Windows?). It does not configure anything.

Check Hardware Info panel for autoconfig details.
So, it is there at all time... If I run OS3.9 it shows that I have 2GB of RAM and Graphics RAM available in the top bar... even though I have configured it with way less...

There is nothing in stated in the Hardware Info panel

I've tried running in portable mode with the -portable switch as well as with the winuae.ini "trick" but it still gives me the same issue.

The screenshot is taken from a brand new WinUAE install without changing anything, in portable mode, so it should be the bog-standard A500 set-up. (I made sure to remove any Regkeys/folders and so on)

https://imgur.com/a/0rVIi5o

PC-specs:
Core i9 9900k @stock
2*8GB DDR4 3400MHz in Dual Channel
Geforce RTX2080 TI
Asrock Z390 EXTREME4
Samsung EVO 960 256GB (Windows 11 Pro (no updates available in Windows Update) + WinUAE) / Adata XPG SG8200PRO 1TB (Installs + Harddrives for WinUAE and the like)

Last edited by mstreurman; 29 November 2021 at 12:43.
Old 29 November 2021, 16:23   #1047
amiga_amigo

Hello,
i have a strange problem with my A2000 + A2091 emulation on 4.9 betas:
Some programs have display issues when loaded from a hdf attached to an emulated A2091 - e.g. DPaint5 is missing all icons on the toolbar at the righthand side of the screen.
The buttons are displayed, the program works, just the icons are missing. So it's "You want the line tool? Guess the right button!"
Also, RSCP (scsi transfer benchmark) is not displaying buttons correctly.
Both programs are installed on a rdb-mode hdf attached to an emulated A2091.
If i attach this hdf to UAE (uaehf.device - UAE ROM Settings: original UAE (FS + F0 ROM)), everything works fine.

This does not happen on WinUAE 4.4.
Any ideas? Did A2091 emulation get an update with the 4.9 betas, or could it be there's an issue surfacing with the new chipset emulation?

A2000 full ECS, A2091, OS3.2, no RTG or anything
Michael
Old 29 November 2021, 17:23   #1048
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstreurman View Post
So, it is there at all time... If I run OS3.9 it shows that I have 2GB of RAM and Graphics RAM available in the top bar... even though I have configured it with way less...
Does 4.4 work differently? (And are you sure it is really 2GB? If HW Info does not show any autoconfig boards, there should not be any autoconfig boards. Check what Avail in CLI outputs to confirm it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiga_amigo View Post
Hello,
i have a strange problem with my A2000 + A2091 emulation on 4.9 betas:
Some programs have display issues when loaded from a hdf attached to an emulated A2091 - e.g. DPaint5 is missing all icons on the toolbar at the righthand side of the screen.
The buttons are displayed, the program works, just the icons are missing. So it's "You want the line tool? Guess the right button!"
Also, RSCP (scsi transfer benchmark) is not displaying buttons correctly.
Both programs are installed on a rdb-mode hdf attached to an emulated A2091.
If i attach this hdf to UAE (uaehf.device - UAE ROM Settings: original UAE (FS + F0 ROM)), everything works fine.

This does not happen on WinUAE 4.4.
Any ideas? Did A2091 emulation get an update with the 4.9 betas, or could it be there's an issue surfacing with the new chipset emulation?

A2000 full ECS, A2091, OS3.2, no RTG or anything
Michael
Do you have 68020+ CPU and have memory outside of first 16M? Z2 DMA now defaults to real world behavior. Expansion panel has 24-bit DMA checkbox (set by default), untick it to allow full 32-bit support.
Old 30 November 2021, 09:50   #1049
amiga_amigo

Ah - found it.
No, i have configured 68000 CPU and 16-bit memory only (1MB Chip, 2MB Fast on 2091).
Had to tick "DMA Capable" and "Force 16-bit" for both in Advanced Memory Settings.
Now it works.

Thanks Toni and sorry for false alarm!
Old 30 November 2021, 10:29   #1050
vulture

Hi Toni,

I know you said the automatic centering is now working correct but I'm finding more examples of games in DamienD's collection that are now messed up with the latest betas.

A good example is "MacDonald Land". Using v4.4.0 this is perfectly vertically centered once you are playing the game, intro etc. before is fine. Not the case with the latest betas.

Also, have noticed that some games which are centered in "Fullscreen" when you launch emulation; but then if I change to "Windowed" and back to "Fullscreen", they are now not correct. Two examples are:

... Caverns of Palle
... King of Barbarians

All 3 x configurations and games now in The Zone! so you can try with v4.4.0 vs latest betas to see what I mean.
Old 30 November 2021, 17:36   #1051
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiga_amigo View Post
Ah - found it.
No, i have configured 68000 CPU and 16-bit memory only (1MB Chip, 2MB Fast on 2091).
Had to tick "DMA Capable" and "Force 16-bit" for both in Advanced Memory Settings.
Now it works.
"DMA Capable" should have been set by default. Force 16-bit should not be needed (It basically means if set and CPU with 32-bit data bus: read gets split in two, slower access speed)
Old 30 November 2021, 17:38   #1052
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vulture View Post
Hi Toni,

I know you said the automatic centering is now working correct but I'm finding more examples of games in DamienD's collection that are now messed up with the latest betas.

A good example is "MacDonald Land". Using v4.4.0 this is perfectly vertically centered once you are playing the game, intro etc. before is fine. Not the case with the latest betas.

Also, have noticed that some games which are centered in "Fullscreen" when you launch emulation; but then if I change to "Windowed" and back to "Fullscreen", they are now not correct. Two examples are:

... Caverns of Palle
... King of Barbarians

All 3 x configurations and games now in The Zone! so you can try with v4.4.0 vs latest betas to see what I mean.
Could you attach example screenshots (or photos). Sometimes I can't duplicate exact same results because fullscreen mode output can depend on used monitor (Mine isn't 16:9 but ultra-wide)
Old 30 November 2021, 18:42   #1053
vulture

Hi Toni,

As mentioned, it's really hard to explain and also with just the use of screenshots.

This is why I said that you need to see it happening yourself using v4.4.0 vs latest betas, and DamienD's configurations / games etc.

I'll try my best though...

Narrative is the same as previous in post #1050.

So here goes with screenshots that depict the changes with vertical centering from v4.4.0 vs latest betas:

McDonald Land v4.4.0:
McDonald Land v4.9.0 betas:

Caverns of Palle v4.4.0:
Caverns of Palle v4.9.0 betas:

King of Barbarians v4.4.0:
King of Barbarians v4.9.0 betas:

There my be many other games affected by this vertical centering change, but I can't realistically go through each and every one of the 3440 games in DamienD's collection

Thx Toni
Old 30 November 2021, 19:49   #1054
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by paraj View Post
In B32 (early betas I tried did not pop up the window, only changing state to "HALT3" and stopping):
I still don't know what causes JIT do to this, I have never seen it happening.. Not very important because it isn't recoverable.

(disassembler output fixed in this condition).

Quote:
So here goes with screenshots that depict the changes with vertical centering from v4.4.0 vs latest betas:
Do you mean this happens (image goes as far down as possible) after switching from fullscreen?

I couldn't duplicate it (as I expected!) but I noticed image quickly jumps down and then back when enabling/disabling vcentering which probably has same cause. This is fixed. (https://download.abime.net/winuae/files/b/winuae.7z) Does it also fix your reported problem?
Old 30 November 2021, 20:33   #1055
falken
Amiga Lover

Quote:
Hi Toni,

As mentioned, it's really hard to explain and also with just the use of screenshots.

This is why I said that you need to see it happening yourself using v4.4.0 vs latest betas, and DamienD's configurations / games etc.

I'll try my best though...

Narrative is the same as previous in post #1050.

McDonald Land v4.4.0:
McDonald Land v4.9.0 betas:

Caverns of Palle v4.4.0:
Caverns of Palle v4.9.0 betas:

King of Barbarians v4.4.0:
King of Barbarians v4.9.0 betas:

There my be many other games affected by this vertical centering change, but I can't realistically go through each and every one of the 3440 games in DamienD's collection

Thx Toni
I think @vulture wants to refer to these spaces that are generated and do not fit the image completely.

Old 30 November 2021, 22:25   #1056
vulture

@Toni

Hi Toni,

This updated version fixes "Caverns of Palle" and "King of Barbarians" when swapping from Fullscreen to Windowed and back to Fullscreen ;-)

"McDonald Land" however is still not fuctioning as it was in v4.4.0 i.e. the image is now at the bottom of the screen constantly. Before with the last beta if you then swapped from Fullscreen to Windowed and back to Fullscreen it would at least correct the initial issue in game; which it doesn't do now.

If you look at the v4.4.0 screenshot; it was perfectly centered in game from the beginning; and if swapping from Fullscreen to Windowed and back to Fullscreen, it would remain that way.

@falken

No, I am not talking about the clear space at the top. This has already been discussed and happy with Toni's answer, please search the thread for more details.
Old 01 December 2021, 12:45   #1057
Mclane
Old retro god.

There's only a clear space at the top because it's moved the whole screen down (as per Falken)

@toni, on the Mcdonald land pics, there's a glitch in the copper list on the right hand side, is this meant to be part of the screen that normally not seen or just the way the programming is?

Just interested..

Last edited by Mclane; 01 December 2021 at 15:37.
Old 01 December 2021, 13:38   #1058
mstreurman

Quote:
Does 4.4 work differently? (And are you sure it is really 2GB? If HW Info does not show any autoconfig boards, there should not be any autoconfig boards. Check what Avail in CLI outputs to confirm it)
I thought I had already responded to your questions, but it seems to have corrected itself, and I have no clue how or what happened... Now my 1260 setup works flawlessly... If only I could get the UAESCSI and CDFS device removed so it doesn't look for them at startup, but that is a different question for a different time and I'm pretty sure google will be my best friend about that one.
Old 01 December 2021, 17:58   #1059
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclane View Post
@toni, on the Mcdonald land pics, there's a glitch in the copper list on the right hand side, is this meant to be part of the screen that normally not seen or just the way the programming is?
Similar effect is (was) quite common because waiting for start of next line is still visible in right border (it was hidden in TV overscan, at least back in the day of CRT displays). Copper wait position should be slightly later. Some programs do it correctly, some don't.

But this is even worse than normally, this game waits for earlier horizontal position. which almost guarantees it to be visible.. It makes no sense.

Quote:
"McDonald Land" however is still not fuctioning as it was in v4.4.0 i.e. the image is now at the bottom of the screen constantly.
Strange because I used this game to test my fix
Another update, please redownload and retry. (Make sure download is dated today, sometimes old file gets downloaded)
Old 01 December 2021, 19:40   #1060
vulture

Hi Toni,

Unfortunately this hasn't fixed it.

It's now back to as it was prior to me reporting the issue with beta 42 i.e. when in-game the screen is not vertically centered and at the bottom of the screen:

...but, now as opposed to yesterday's non public beta, if I toggle between Fullscreen / Windowed / Fullscreen it then corrects itself: