English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.Amiga File Server

Old 30 December 2022, 15:38   #21
Turran

Thanks for testing. I'll change default timeout for registered users to 300. Anonymous account stays at 120.

I'll also sort the biggest ones into folders. It'll only last until the next update if we get a full TOSEC, but we can just do it again.

Edit: Script to sort "TOSEC - Non-Amiga/Commodore C64/Games - Alternatives" into folders is running. I disabled the sync between sites and running it on both (otherwise the sync will have to delete and recopy over 60k files =) )
Edit2: Script done. Folder is sorted into #, "0-9" and A-Z folders.

Last edited by Turran; 30 December 2022 at 16:45.
Old 30 December 2022, 22:05   #22
jPV

Here's a RNOXfer beta exe with the speed optimizations for anyone interested. Contains some other new stuff too, but still WIP. Copy it over the public RNOXfer installation.
Old 01 January 2023, 16:10   #23
Turran

Figured I would give it a try on my Pimiga 3.0 to see what the fuzz is about =)

Installed 1.3. Works fine (after reading that its AmiSSL 4, not 5, that is needed, heh).

Overwrote RNOXfer with the beta above but it does not start now.

HollywoodPlayer:
Table field "version" was not initialized!
File: RNXfer.hws (current line: 2706 - In functiuon: p_prefs)

Edit 1:
With the working 1.3, it does not show all directories for some reason. I've verified permissions are the same, filesystem wise.
Like inside Pimiga, it only shows 1.5 and 2.0. Not 3.0.
There are more places this happens.
You can type your way into the 3.0 folder and others though. Its just not displayed in the list.

(Just tested again after testing .. 50 times. It now shows all folders all of a sudden. Weird behavior.
Now it does not show them again.)

Edit 2:
If you connect to another FTP while connected to a FTP, it does not disconnect the first connection, leaving it to idle. Easy to test by going from ftp.grandis.nu to ftp2.grandis.nu without disconnecting first. If you use the anonymous "ftp" account, which only allows one login, you get
"Login Denied! (67) (1749)" until it times out from the FTP.
(Login to ftp.grandis.nu = OK. Login to ftp2.grandis.nu = OK. Login to ftp.grandis.nu = Login Denied)

Edit 3:
Could you not remove the AmiSSL requirement if only using FTP protocol? Disable other options if its not installed.

Edit 4:
If you've added sites but forgot to save, perhaps a reminder to save on close? Actually, I just clicked Save and then closed and reopened. Sites are not saved anyway. On second try it saved the list. Flakey =)

Anyway, I'll stop now =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jPV View Post
Here's a RNOXfer beta exe with the speed optimizations for anyone interested. Contains some other new stuff too, but still WIP. Copy it over the public RNOXfer installation.

Last edited by Turran; 01 January 2023 at 21:03.
Old 09 January 2023, 20:38   #24
andyhants

Quote:
Hi there

I'm having the same probs as Turran with the RNOXfer beta - is there any chance of issuing an updated beta please? I would really like to try the optimised version.
Old 10 January 2023, 16:00   #25
jPV

Sorry for a delayed reply, but I wasn't able to concentrate on this until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turran View Post
Overwrote RNOXfer with the beta above but it does not start now.

HollywoodPlayer:
Table field "version" was not initialized!
File: RNXfer.hws (current line: 2706 - In functiuon: p_prefs)
Whoops, a stupid debug print line failed with older config files. Fixed now.

Quote:
Edit 1:
With the working 1.3, it does not show all directories for some reason. I've verified permissions are the same, filesystem wise.
Like inside Pimiga, it only shows 1.5 and 2.0. Not 3.0.
There are more places this happens.
You can type your way into the 3.0 folder and others though. Its just not displayed in the list.
Interesting, haven't seen this myself... is it always the last item on the list that isn't shown? Or can there bere several or in-between?

The new beta exe dumps the raw directory listing from the ftp to the ram:rnoxfer_filelist file. Could you check if it looks different when it is working and when it isn't? Does it contain everything when it's failing to show all? Is there any difference, like a line break, at the very end of the file?

Quote:
Edit 2:
If you connect to another FTP while connected to a FTP, it does not disconnect the first connection, leaving it to idle.
Thanks, this is fixed now.

Quote:
Edit 3:
Could you not remove the AmiSSL requirement if only using FTP protocol?
Sorry, it's not possible. The hURL plugin (libcurl) requires it in any case, and it would be too much work to change everything related for special cases... but the required AmiSSL version will be changed to v5 eventually.

Quote:
Edit 4:
If you've added sites but forgot to save, perhaps a reminder to save on close?
Added this, thanks for the suggestion.

Quote:
Actually, I just clicked Save and then closed and reopened. Sites are not saved anyway. On second try it saved the list. Flakey =)
Hmm.. hard to figure out why it wouldn't save... are you sure your mouse didn't slip away from the Save in the critical moment? And did you use the Save item from the pull-down menu or the Settings window? Please let me know if it happens again, now when there's the reminder too.

A new beta available at the same location.
Old 10 January 2023, 17:36   #26
Turran

Quote:
Whoops, a stupid debug print line failed with older config files. Fixed now.
Thanks. It works fine now!

Quote:
Interesting, haven't seen this myself... is it always the last item on the list that isn't shown? Or can there bere several or in-between?
I can not replicate it with the new beta. Shows everything I throw at it, so I guess its a non-issue =)

Quote:
Thanks, this is fixed now.
Indeed it is. Nice =)

Quote:
Hmm.. hard to figure out why it wouldn't save... are you sure your mouse didn't slip away from the Save in the critical moment?
I guess I might have. It saves fine now anyway =)

Only suggestion left: When in the site manager, the port lists as "1" instead of "21" because the 2 is off the left. Perhaps make all fields left centered instead of right so you see the start of the username/server etc instead of the end =)

Even opening the largest folder with over 50k files in it only takes a few seconds. The sorting is what it seems to stop the longest on, but the debug file in RAM: was 6.9MB so that is not so strange I think.

Nice work =)