English Amiga Board


Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

 
 
Thread Tools
Old 16 August 2022, 16:30   #241
hammer
Registered User

 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Australia
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratteler View Post
I think the problem with Pi anything is the availability of the PIs at this point.

I wish some one could figure out a RADXAStorm to go with https://ameridroid.com/products/radxa-zero

Since the RADXA Zero is available and the Pi Zero isn't.
RADXA Zero's $109.95 USD is a similar price to the pre-configured PiStorm/Pi 3A/Emu68/32GB microSD package's $119.03 USD on eBay and the seller is from Poland.

RADXA Zero's GPIOs layout is different from Pi 3a's GPIOs. RADXA should have cloned Pi 3a's GPIOs.
hammer is offline  
Old 16 August 2022, 16:32   #242
hammer
Registered User

 
Join Date: Aug 2020
Location: Australia
Posts: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimbo View Post
Just need enough people to be guinea pigs for the 1200 PiStorm please.
I have A1200 rev 1D1 with the timing fixed and TF1260.
hammer is offline  
Old 16 August 2022, 17:19   #243
Flimbo
Registered User

Flimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Gateshead/Tyne and Wear
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer View Post
I have A1200 rev 1D1 with the timing fixed and TF1260.
Thought the TF1260 was expensive as hell unless you had a CPU? From a purely gaming stand point, is there any point to having a TF1260 - obviously I would love one just because.
Flimbo is offline  
Old 16 August 2022, 17:37   #244
Daedalus
Registered User

Daedalus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Dublin, then Glasgow
Posts: 5,706
There are a few games out there that benefit from the '060 - not many, but they are out there. The ridiculous prices are mostly to do with people wanting the absolute top '060 they can get, both the most overclockable and the one with an FPU. And that particular version (revision 6) go for hundreds of pounds alone. But many games don't strictly need an FPU, or have non-FPU versions available, and if you go for an FPU-less revision, it becomes much cheaper. My rev 4 CPU cost less than £40 delivered, though that was about 2 years ago, and that puts a TF1260 with a CPU and no FPU at less than a Blizzard 1230 (also without FPU) goes for on eBay.
Daedalus is offline  
Old 16 August 2022, 17:43   #245
Mr.Flibble
Registered User

Mr.Flibble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: UK
Posts: 470
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flimbo View Post
Thought the TF1260 was expensive as hell unless you had a CPU? From a purely gaming stand point, is there any point to having a TF1260 - obviously I would love one just because.
€290 without CPU, €350-400 for LC '060, and somewhere around €700 for full 50MHz 060, unless your name is amigastore.eu in which case it's nearly €1400

You can chance your luck on ebay for a full MC68060RC50 but the likelyhood of it being genuine is slim, waaay too many fakes out there (usually rebadged LC's or EC's), especially from the chinese sellers.

We went through all this ages ago when refurbing CPU cards for the A4000, it's certainly not any better now, several years later.
Mr.Flibble is offline  
Old 16 August 2022, 18:41   #246
Chucky
Registered User

Chucky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Karlstad / Sweden
Age: 50
Posts: 1,128
700eur for a 060? well. I sold several TF1260s with rev6 for 600eur total
Chucky is offline  
Old 16 August 2022, 20:23   #247
Flimbo
Registered User

Flimbo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2020
Location: Gateshead/Tyne and Wear
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
There are a few games out there that benefit from the '060 - not many, but they are out there. The ridiculous prices are mostly to do with people wanting the absolute top '060 they can get, both the most overclockable and the one with an FPU. And that particular version (revision 6) go for hundreds of pounds alone. But many games don't strictly need an FPU, or have non-FPU versions available, and if you go for an FPU-less revision, it becomes much cheaper. My rev 4 CPU cost less than £40 delivered, though that was about 2 years ago, and that puts a TF1260 with a CPU and no FPU at less than a Blizzard 1230 (also without FPU) goes for on eBay.
Cheers for this answer. We have so many options now, it is difficult to decide what to do. Think I will wait and see what the 1200 pistorm costs etc.
Flimbo is offline  
Old 17 August 2022, 03:15   #248
Vamplover
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jul 2022
Location: Transivania
Posts: 21
This community is seriously amiss without hardwares called Frankenstein. It’s gots already Vampire, Igor, Buffee, Coffin.
Vamplover is offline  
Old 17 August 2022, 03:28   #249
grelbfarlk
Registered User

 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: USA
Posts: 2,464
There should be a Willow too. Also a Mummy and a WereMiga. My A4000 is practically a Chimera already. We already had the Draco, but could you imagine if we had the king of the food chain, a Dracolich? That has to be AAGAA at least, no less.
grelbfarlk is offline  
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Vampire or PiStorm? videofx support.Hardware 32 22 June 2022 14:41
PiStorm for Amiga1200? AmiBoy Hardware mods 20 10 September 2021 13:02
Mouse joystick swapping kills power dschallock support.Hardware 39 07 August 2018 09:30
Winuae 1.3.4.0 - savestate kills sound output PiCiJi support.WinUAE 6 15 January 2007 18:23

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:19.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Page generated in 0.10718 seconds with 15 queries