English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 18 February 2022, 19:41   #1
droopy
Old Hippie user

Just bought a faulty PiStorm fromreseller ebay

This might come as a surprice ..Some sellers on Ebay sells faulty non tested PiStorms on the ebay..Just got one and now have some problems with an a500 after removing it.

The PiStorm did have some shorts that I did not se without a microscope and The amiga presented red Screen and the Pi black when it got plugged in.
Fiddeling with the pins a bit to se if I missed to install it properly but no.

No output on the pi's HDMI and nothing on the Amiga's port.

Should I get any output on the Amiga's video port if the Pistorm are plugged in ?

That I should get output on the HDMI port is obvious but that one is just plain black. (And Amiga red)

I desolder one side of the Altera chip and the Amiga output changed to greenish/yellow. But It seems like there are more bad soldering joints on the (quite expensive Pistorm)..

The seller stated clearly in the add that his products where tested and working but that is impossible due to the misstakes in soldering.

The Pi it selves seems to be OK and runs OK with linux on it.

Anyone that have a PiStorm that could tell me what kind of output there should be on the Amiga vidie out when the Pi running OK ?
Old 18 February 2022, 19:45   #2
r.cade

Just adapter and Pi without the emulator running = black screen. Same as no CPU installed.

Amiga boots once you run the emulation on the Pi side. It's like you inserted a CPU and reset it, because that's the reality.
Old 19 February 2022, 07:42   #3
droopy
Old Hippie user

Thank yo for the reply. I first had red screen when it's put in together with a Rpi 3+ fixed some soldering joints and now it's yellow/greenish..

So it looks like I have to search for more soldering faults then. I solved one close to C3 on the Altera chip.

The seller on Ebay selling many of this, stating they are ok but they are not. I would not flame the store in public (not yet I want to see if they take responsibility first).

Loos like the Pistorm took to much power from the Amiga when plugged in and something broke..