English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.WinUAE

Old 23 June 2008, 18:19   #1
Xiantrius

Lightbulb Is it possible to code a virtual MFM-capable floppy drive into WinUAE?

Wie wäre es wenn wir ein Cyclone MFM Floopylaufwerk als Emulation einbinden könnten? So wie ein herkömliches Laufwerk. Vielleicht ist es dann möglich ein Spiel von PC zum Amiga zu senden oder?
Man müsste nur dieses 3,5Zoll Laufwerk als Virtual erschaffen, so wie die anderen und ein Programm extra entwickeln für das WinUAE wo es möglich macht das Image auf eine echten Diskette zu übertragen.
Ich bin der Meinung wenn man Normale Virtual Diskettenlaufwerke für ein Emulator erschaffen kann, müsste auch ein Cyclone MFM Floopylaufwerk funktionieren, da es für den PC weder Normale Amigalaufwerke gibt noch Cyclone MFM Laufwerke. Ich glaube dann wird WinUAE da durch noch beliebter als es ja jetzt schon ist
Ich bin mir sicher das wird höchst warscheinlich ein sehr interessantes Thema xD
Naja die idee kam mir jetzt aufeinmal spontan.
Um ganz deutlich zu werden:
WinUAE mit ein Virtuellen Cyclone MFM Floopy für endcodierung bei einen Kopierschutz, der auch früher am Amiga angeschlossen wurde mit der X-Copy und wenn möglich sollte er auch auf darauf funktionieren um geschützte ADF files von PC zum Amiga übertragen zu übertragen.

Na wie findet ihr meine Super idee?

Ein hinweis noch ich bitte darum eine Ehrliche antwort und ehrliche Meinung zu äussern.

Last edited by Xiantrius; 08 July 2008 at 09:34. Reason: biete=bitte

Old 23 June 2008, 18:27   #2
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

And once again in english please
Old 23 June 2008, 18:28   #3
Xiantrius

Ich kann kein Englisch
i can a not good english sry ...

Old 23 June 2008, 18:31   #4
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Okay, aber dann wird es schwer dir hier zu helfen weil etwa 98% der Leute hier nichts verstehen Ich schreib dir gleich ne PM.

Okay, but than it will be hard to help you with this, since 98% of the people here will not understand you I'll write you a PM.

Last edited by TCD; 23 June 2008 at 18:37.
Old 23 June 2008, 18:34   #5
Xiantrius

ok danke sehr TheCyberDruid

Old 23 June 2008, 18:39   #6
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

I think he's basically asking for Cyclone emulation in WinUAE
Old 23 June 2008, 18:42   #7
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Yeah that's what he wants. I'll try to figure it out with him and repost his idea in english
Old 23 June 2008, 19:05   #8
Amiga1992

Sorry, this is the ENGLISH Amiga board, not everyone here can help you in german.
Old 23 June 2008, 19:06   #9
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Okay here is a translation of what Xiantrius posted (a quick and dirty one )

Quote:
How would it be if we include a emulated Cyclone MFM floppy? Like a normal drive. Perhaps it is then possible to send a game from the PC to the Amiga?
You only have to create this 3.5-inch drive as virtual, like the others, and develop a extra program for WinUAE that makes it possible to transfer the real image to a disk.
I think if you can create normal virtual disk drives in an emulator it could be possible that a Cyclone MFM Floopylaufwerk work, because there are neither normal Amiga floppy drives nor Cyclone MFM drives for the PC. I think this will make WinUAE even more popular than it already is.
I am sure this is most probably a very interesting topic xD
Well the idea came to me spontaneous.
[I could not tranlate this section, but will ask Xiantrius to point it out a bit clearer ]

Well, how do you like my super idea?

One note : I ask for your honest opinion about this
Old 23 June 2008, 20:34   #10
Toni Wilen
WinUAE developer

I don't understand or don't see the point (or both)
Old 23 June 2008, 20:44   #11
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Me neither. I have talked to Xiantrius and think he believes that a virtual MFM floppy together with Cyclone could produce working ADFs from IPFs or extended ADFs. By working I mean images that can be transferred back to real Amiga disks.
Old 23 June 2008, 20:48   #12
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Hey Xiantrius,

so you didn't believe what I wrote to you in the german forum just some minutes ago, eh? So you tried it here, in an ENGLISH forum using german language. Brilliant idea, really!
Old 23 June 2008, 21:10   #13
IFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCyberDruid View Post
Me neither. I have talked to Xiantrius and think he believes that a virtual MFM floppy together with Cyclone could produce working ADFs from IPFs or extended ADFs. By working I mean images that can be transferred back to real Amiga disks.
If you want to see how certain games fare in adf format, all you have to do is to use xcopy in winuae.
Anything with a cell width related protection won't work...
Old 23 June 2008, 21:12   #14
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFW View Post
If you want to see how certain games fare in adf format, all you have to do is to use xcopy in winuae.
Don't waste your time, I explained everything to him in german and he just doesn't want to believe. The only reason why he wants that: He wants to write back diskimages of the original (i.e. copy protected) FATE - Gates of Dawn to Amiga floppies.
Old 23 June 2008, 21:16   #15
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Quote:
Originally Posted by IFW View Post
That was what I thought about it. You can't 'squeeze' the data on the disk. Thanks for the info IFW!
Old 23 June 2008, 22:19   #16
ceztko

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingRay View Post
Don't waste your time, I explained everything to him in german and he just doesn't want to believe. The only reason why he wants that: He wants to write back diskimages of the original (i.e. copy protected) FATE - Gates of Dawn to Amiga floppies.
So this is a question to Software Preservation Society.
Old 23 June 2008, 22:24   #17
StingRay
move.l #$c0ff33,throat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ceztko View Post
So this is a question to Software Preservation Society.

Guess what I wrote to him in the german forum However, it seems he finally believes now
Old 23 June 2008, 23:23   #18
IFW

I just checked and in the case of FATE it should be fairly easy to copy the original disk without any magic involved.
Obviously, you wouldn't have any way to verify whether the read was good, or in fact the write was any good either...
Old 24 June 2008, 13:33   #19
Xiantrius

my Fate Gates Of Dawn is German v.1.4 and have Copyprotect very hard
i can bad english sry all poeple...

Old 24 June 2008, 18:57   #20
TCD
HOL/FTP busy bee

Okay, let's try it this way : Is there a german, cracked, ADF version of Fate - Gates of dawn?