English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Nostalgia & memories

Old 26 December 2022, 03:20   #121
Ray Norrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by saimon69 View Post
Well you made the happiness with that of me teenager wanna be musician, because first you proved me House music making was viable on Amiga, and then because i used some of the samples from the ripped mods ^^ - Ah, and the A01/A0F cycles on the Anarchy guitar, that taught me how to simulate pulse modulation on a mod [and i expanded a bit]
Thanks!
I'm almost certain that the first time I saw that A01/A0F cycle trick was on the cebit 90 music. I even used it on some music I did last year!
Old 26 December 2022, 07:15   #122
ztronzo

"Othello Killer" 1981 UbiSoft
There are 2 tunes in this game... and I swear one is worse than the other.... never heard such crap before...
Old 26 December 2022, 13:45   #123
Megalomaniac

The problem with Agony's ingame music is that it totally clashes with the mellow natural feel of the game itself - in something like Battle Squadron it might have been okay.
Old 26 December 2022, 14:18   #124
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Whilst Blood Money intro music has aged badly, the Ingatestone mod has really stood the test of time well
Old 26 December 2022, 14:26   #125
jotd
This cat is no more

Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalomaniac View Post
The problem with Agony's ingame music is that it totally clashes with the mellow natural feel of the game itself - in something like Battle Squadron it might have been okay.

true for level 1 (but tried to convey the rage of the elements). Level 2 music is much better. The intro & loading tunes are great too.

Level 1 music is the worst of all.
Old 26 December 2022, 16:55   #126
gimbal
cheeky scoundrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ztronzo View Post
"Othello Killer" 1981 UbiSoft
There are 2 tunes in this game... and I swear one is worse than the other.... never heard such crap before...
Phone waiting music, I always enjoyed it
Old 27 December 2022, 02:35   #127
ztronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by jotd View Post
true for level 1 (but tried to convey the rage of the elements). Level 2 music is much better. The intro & loading tunes are great too.

Level 1 music is the worst of all.

Although level 1 is bashing on key notes like a 4 year old would do.. it still packs a lot of melody compared to hundreds worse than this..
Old 27 December 2022, 20:37   #128
Ray Norrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
Whilst Blood Money intro music has aged badly, the Ingatestone mod has really stood the test of time well
Probably the best cover I've heard so far of the ingame music.

[ Show youtube player ]
Old 28 December 2022, 03:39   #129
ImmortalA1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galahad/FLT View Post
I presume that is the in-game music you mean?. I liked both back then, today I only like the intro music, actually only like the intro...the game is not for me at all now.
Old 28 December 2022, 03:43   #130
ImmortalA1000

Cruise for a corpse and Risky Woods have horrible title music, like some naff £1/$1 dance CD in the bargain bin. They also detract from the atmosphere of the game, like your hi-fi is stuck on some tacky 90s kids dance music radio station not the phono inputs of my A1000! One of the first bits of computer game music I heard was Forbidden Forest in 1983 lol.
Old 28 December 2022, 03:53   #131
Ray Norrish

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImmortalA1000 View Post
I presume that is the in-game music you mean?. I liked both back then, today I only like the intro music, actually only like the intro...the game is not for me at all now.
Yea, the intro was definitely "of the time" and aged badly. The ingame, although spartan, has a suitable melancholy and tone which I feel fits the game speed and the remake I posted above turns the melancholy up to 11. TBH, the ingame music only came about like that cos I had 24 hours and 30kb or less to make it and it was more about conservatism and time
Old 28 December 2022, 17:02   #132
Adropac2
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray Norrish View Post
Yea, the intro was definitely "of the time" and aged badly. The ingame, although spartan, has a suitable melancholy and tone which I feel fits the game speed and the remake I posted above turns the melancholy up to 11. TBH, the ingame music only came about like that cos I had 24 hours and 30kb or less to make it and it was more about conservatism and time
the ingame is identifyable I would say most importantly and works well as you mention. This lady has good material to work with then and her delivery is surpringly very faithful but also what it needs to be when playing this way. Cant say that for too many that remake
Old 28 December 2022, 17:31   #133
BastyCDGS

Send a message via ICQ to BastyCDGS
Worst game musics?

I would say, any PC game using the PC speaker soundcard driver clearly qualifies!

On Amiga, I rarely remember bad game music at all. This is even one of the main reasons, why I loved and still love the Amiga. Fantastic music almost everywhere!