English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > New to Emulation or Amiga scene

Old 23 November 2003, 19:46   #1
vertigo

adf to harddrive

Ok, Know how to convert adf to floppy and if needed put on Harddrive for WHdload.

But is there a way of missing the floppy step out and go from adf to harddrive in one go as i dont have too many good floppies and they tend to get errors after a while.

Also I use ncomm to get my adfs from PC to Amiga, is there a way of selecting more than one file or a directory for upload as its again a slow process doing this one by one, would prefer not to zip/lha them all together to get this done.

Any help appreciated.

Vertigo

Old 23 November 2003, 20:15   #2
adolescent
Powered by Motorola

Well, if the WHDload installer uses a raw disk image I think you can just rename the ADF to "DISK1" or whatever the slave requires. But, that would require manually installing everything.

I find it easier to just use FMS to create virtual floppies in RAM or on the HD. Some installers are hard coded to DF0: so you'll need to modify those a bit.
Old 23 November 2003, 21:15   #3
Amiga1992

Yes, use FMS or XFS. However keep in mind that for those WHD installs that don't support cracks, you won't be able to install squat and you'll need teh original disks.
Old 23 November 2003, 23:10   #4
yadster

I use a prog off Aminet called Tsgui to copy ADF files back to an Amiga floppy but also use a virtual floppy program so a virtual floppy can be set-up on your hard drive so you don't actually need to use a real floppy at all. Then it's just a case of using the WHDload game installation. Well actually it's Bloodwych's setup that has these utilities set-up ready to go and is well worth setting up on an Amiga 1200 hard drive
Old 24 November 2003, 00:30   #5
vertigo

Thanks for the replies, I actually have just installed one of Bloodwychs setup on my 4gb HD and have been using TSGUI just tonight although I have yet to look fully into all the programs on offer, previously I used adf2disk. The thought of using a virtual floppy never crossed my mind, I will look into this.

Thanks again.

vertigo

Old 24 November 2003, 03:05   #6
adolescent
Powered by Motorola

Quote:
Originally posted by Akira
Yes, use FMS or XFS. However keep in mind that for those WHD installs that don't support cracks, you won't be able to install squat and you'll need teh original disks.
Do you mean disks with physical copy protection. I've installed plenty of uncracked/non dos games using virtual disks. BTW, I've never used TSGUI but Codetapper's diskwiz works perfectly for anything I've thrown at it.
Old 24 November 2003, 03:23   #7
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by adolescent
Do you mean disks with physical copy protection.
Of course, like most originals I know of.
Old 24 November 2003, 18:45   #8
Bad Mr Frosty

I usually install the games in WinUAE then transfer the installed game to my amiga.
Old 05 February 2004, 23:20   #9
Enverex
Fantasy Man!

Was X-Copy 7's Nibble mode any good at copying copy protected disks? I remember I used it for most things...
Old 06 February 2004, 14:54   #10
Mr Creosote
Evil Mastermind

Hmm..... what about running UAE on the Amiga, setting your actual hd as virtual hd and installing?
Old 26 July 2004, 09:35   #11
Shambler

Question

Hi,
I'm very new to amiga. I recently bought a A1200 from a guy in my street, and unfrotunatly the floppy drive almost doesnt ever work. i have heaps of disks, but when I put disks in, it may work the first time, but it will almost certainly never work again. I am worried that the drive is ruining all the disks, so I stopped using it. It has a hard drive and I am wondering if there is any way I can emulate a disk when on the amiga such as a Floppy Emulator which was reffered to in this topic. I have WHDload installed on it, but the game i tried with; Lotus 2, only works when I run it using WinUAE emulation. What I have done, is installed all the required files when Emulating, then copying them to the amiga using Amiga Explorer.It doesnt work after its fully installed to the H/D, it only gets to the title, then it disapears and does it again. It will do that until i turn off the amiga. I have got Amiga Forever 4.0 and can use it to transfer stuff back and forwards. What thimgs would i need to get and install to the Amiga if i wanted to run floppies without actually using the floppy drive? if there are any programs i can use to help, or FAQs, could you please post links to them? Advice on what I should do to the amiga to make it work a bit better would also be appreciated. Im also quite interested on how I would go about adding a larger H/D to the amiga, anywhere where I could find out how to do this?
Thanks for the help. It is much appreciated.
Shambler