English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Coders > Coders. System

Old 08 January 2014, 22:52   #1
AGS
XoXo/Tasko Developer

Happy How to check for Amiga+Q keys press?

Hi

For the Stringgadgets of my GUI I need to listen for the key-combinations Amiga-Q and Amiga-X in my IDCMP-handling part. How can this be done? And further, I have no Amiga Keys on my Keyboard ... what now?

greets,
ags
Old 08 January 2014, 23:31   #2
thomas

When you say "String gadget" I suppose you mean your own self-written GUI object and not an Intuition struct Gadget with GTYP_STRGADGET or a STRGCLASS BOOPSI object?

If so, then just listen for IDCMP_VANILLAKEY with imsg->Class == 'q' and imsg->Qualifier with IEQUALIFIER_RCOMMAND and/or IEQUALIFIER_LCOMMAND set. But you also have to make sure that no menu has q as command key because the menu system takes precedence over vanillakey/rawkey.

If you use Intuition gadgets then you probably have to code an edit hook because as long as the string gadget is active, all key presses are sent to the gadget. Except menu command keys like mentioned before.

Quote:
I have no Amiga Keys on my Keyboard ... what now?
Buy a pair of these and use the Windows keys.

In WinUAE you can also use the Isrt key (German Einfg) as left Amiga and Home (Pos1) as right Amiga key.
Old 08 January 2014, 23:35   #3
AGS
XoXo/Tasko Developer

Thanks a lot. Will try using Code == q and Qualifier bit set. Yes, it's my own 'gadget'.

ps: I have only ONE not so nice key on my Keyboard. Let's see for which Amiga Key the FS-UAE uses that... ;D

pps: I searched for 'IEQUALIFIER_RCOMMAND' and found this: http://amigadev.elowar.com/read/ADCD.../node01F3.html

Last edited by AGS; 08 January 2014 at 23:55.