English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Hardware

Old 07 October 2004, 20:05   #1
mbjb

Connecting a cooling fan

Hi

I am considering fitting a small cooling fan to reduce temperatures of the CPU,all i wish to know is what power connector do i connect the fan to? is it the floppy power connector or do i use another connector that is available on the motherboard?

info:- this is an A1200 board

thanks

Old 07 October 2004, 21:31   #2
woody57

Roll eyes (sarcastic) simple cooling solved ?

About the simplest solution for in case fitting is by using pc worlds " minifan and heat sink kit "

It's a small 12v fan that comes complete with an inline conector for stealing the power of a HD power plug.

Now in the case of amiga 1200 the 12v feed isnt clearly marked , but you can use a crimp or small terminal block to borrow your power feed of the floppy.[ the same trick is used to borrow power for slimline 3,5 HD,s crammed into the 1200 case.

The kit contains a pair of alloy hintsinks, some two sided tape pads along with fan and a syringe of conduction paste , at under a fiver it's probaly the simplest solution.

And don't forget the colours of your floppies power wirng can be found in " the big amiga hardware book "

Now you may ask " why don't I paste in the links for you "

The answer is " If your not capable of tracking this info ,it is unlikely you should be opening your 1200's case to " HACK " anything "

Because if you make a mistake you will have one dead Amiga and will be hunting old woody down with a cricket bat

Take your time , plan your project and then it will be a sucess
Old 07 October 2004, 22:07   #3
mbjb

Thank you!!! and yes,i didn't need you to paste the links,you've given me plenty ov info to go on