English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 02 December 2013, 13:57   #61
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
I surprised my beloved C64 got a look in at all. I like how it mentioned that the C64 was the cadillac of 8bit gaming while showing the Speccy version of Last Ninja 2 next to the C64 one Made my day that did.
Sadly no sign of the Amiga and as ususal with these retro programs, endless shout outs to the Atari 2600 and Pong. I know the historical signifigance but it would be nice if some other systems got a bit more air time for once. Not enough time though...
Wish they never mentioned that 'Non-gamer' Anita Sarkeesian!
The Amiga was mentioned. They put an Amiga box on a pedestal for all to see in all it's glory, then they talked about the Amiga game and how great the it was for ages.

I'll bet the price of an original copy of Monkey Island has hit the roof.

Imagine if they'd shown an ST box instead, my remote would have gone through the screen

They chose to talk about the C64 and the Sinclair's, as it was the start of the British home computer industry, there would be no British angle for the ST and Amiga.
Old 02 December 2013, 14:55   #62
trydowave

I love my C64's and Amiga's equally so I'm just glad one of the Commodore machines got a proper look in
Old 02 December 2013, 19:17   #63
Lonewolf10
AMOS Extensions Developer

I do wish they had used the Sega Saturn box for Tomb Raider, as the Saturn version was out first (3 months ahead of the PC and Playstation versions).

I'm sure I could make a list of many games they missed out (some others have already mentioned in this thread), but I found it great fun going "hey! that's <insert game>!" during the program. Certainly seeing Chuckie Egg made me smile
Old 02 December 2013, 21:35   #64
lordofchaos
TinkerTailorContentMaker

Now all we need is a documentary of this caliber focusing on the 8/16 bit computers, I bet Minter and Molyneux have some amazing stories they could share
Old 02 December 2013, 22:43   #65
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by tin View Post
EASY 1000 POINTS!

[ Show youtube player ]

and Ariston

[ Show youtube player ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
Well, it was the Robocop main menu music at any rate, I thought that was neat because out of all the c64 themes and songs the Robocop music stands out as the most memorable. My fav music of all time is actually the Robocop level 1 music on c64. Never played the gameboy ever. @rob, search for this online. Do I get the 1000 points?

I agree that its easy to dis a show for what it hasnt got. I thought it was made 'by the numbers' and without much passion for the subject except for a few egg-heads and celebs. By all accounts, Bedrooms to Billions is a much better show, and many of the shows I posted references to earlier are better at telling the whole story. Like someone said already, it would have taken at least 8 or 10 hours to tell the whole story. GOOD! Thats x20 30min shows!
Yes you can have a 1000 Rob pts Lifeschool But I'm awarding 2000 Rob pts to Tin for not only posting the YouTube vid but also the advert I recognised the music from and thus ending my misery

Unfortunately I also made a mistake whilst issuing the points and accidently awarded myself 2001pts, so I win...

This has got me thinking the link for the show should be put on Monkey Island HOL page ........anyone agree?
Old 04 December 2013, 10:07   #66
tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob 1 View Post
Unfortunately I also made a mistake whilst issuing the points and accidently awarded myself 2001pts, so I win...
Grrrr. FIX!!!
Old 04 December 2013, 23:59   #67
lifeschool
Local Moderator

1000 points aint so bad, and a bronze medal for coming third.

Just to add, I saw THE KING OF KONG movie last night. My God that was awesome. I thought it would be boring as hell to watch some guy trying to break the Donkey Kong world record, but no, it was gripping, surreal and just ace. 9/10.
Old 05 December 2013, 00:46   #68
whiteb
Fanatically Amiga.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad-Matt View Post
Finally uploaded and processed.

[ Show youtube player ]
Removed on copyright

But have found a torrent.., trying to get now. 720p @ 600Kbyte/sec and increasing.
Old 05 December 2013, 10:51   #69
Rob 1
The Original Domainiac

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeschool View Post
1000 points aint so bad, and a bronze medal for coming third.

Just to add, I saw THE KING OF KONG movie last night. My God that was awesome. I thought it would be boring as hell to watch some guy trying to break the Donkey Kong world record, but no, it was gripping, surreal and just ace. 9/10.

Cheers, I'll put it on my Christmas list
Old 05 December 2013, 11:47   #70
Mad-Matt
Longplayer

Send a message via ICQ to Mad-Matt Send a message via MSN to Mad-Matt
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteb View Post
Removed on copyright

But have found a torrent.., trying to get now. 720p @ 600Kbyte/sec and increasing.
Bastards blocked it worldwide. They have the vhs quality version up though [ Show youtube player ]
Old 06 December 2013, 00:36   #71
Mrs Beanbag
Glastonbridge Software

Quote:
Originally Posted by trydowave View Post
Wish they never mentioned that 'Non-gamer' Anita Sarkeesian!
Yeah she's not a real gamer because girls don't play games, right
Old 07 December 2013, 17:59   #72
trydowave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Beanbag View Post
Yeah she's not a real gamer because girls don't play games, right
Who ever said girls don't play video games?

I have found an earlier video on youtube however where she states that she doesn't actually like playing video games. If that's the case then why create a kickstarter on the subject where she makes a series of videos showing herself playing video games (badly).

Its obvious that she has no interest in gaming. Of course she has other motivations but I don't think its even about Feminism. It seems to be about her making shed loads of money.

As for real girl gamers (not con artist pretend girl gamers). I say great. Lets have more. I just wish more of them liked SF2