English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Games

Old 08 February 2010, 15:21   #1
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Stuck on Syndicate

I've gotten most of the way through the game, but I'm stuck on the "Colombia" level...

First it tells me to use a certain car in the east, so fine, I'm in the car, now it says to go protect someone in the north, so fine, I go up there to where it says. But then no matter what I do it just keeps saying "protect", how am I supposed to complete the mission? Where do I get the doctor from, does he come with the car or what? What does he look like? <sigh> Do I need to use the persuadertron, it doesn't seem to help?

Someone here must have completed the game and thus this level...
Old 08 February 2010, 16:48   #2
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Send a message via ICQ to lilalurl
Unless it is expressly stated, never use the Persuadertron on somebody who plays a role in a mission.

First, just to be sure, this is the car you need to get. Of course, I advise you eliminate an enemy around before so that the car does not get destroyed.

Then, here is the "doctor" just before he gets into the car. I advise parking it around the pedestrian passage.
Then get out of the car and the doctor should come out of the building to the North after a short while. If he does not, just go into the building (follow the radar beam to be sure you are near him), this will probably activate his IA pathing. Again, don't use the Persuadertron.

You need to get out of the car to let him drive to the destination. If you want to accompany him (in case you did not eliminate all the enemies in the level), just stand in the middle of the road when he passes by after making a U-turn at the end of the road so that he stops and enter the car.

Then wait. He will drive around. He will wait at traffic lights etc... so you will need a bit of patience.
In the end, he will drive around this building and finish the mission.

Edit: After reading Merlin's post, I think you do need to enter the building for the doctor to go into the car. In any case, it should speed up the process so you don't have anything to lose.

Last edited by lilalurl; 08 February 2010 at 17:45.
Old 08 February 2010, 16:51   #3
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

If I recall correctly, the Doctor is in a building. If you watch the radar screen, the expanding white circle is centered on the Doctor. Drive to where you did before, then get the team out of the car. Follow the circle radar guide to find the building. Once you find the building the Doc is in, send one member in while the others cover the exit. Once you have the Doc, 'Protect' will turn into 'Evacuate' to lead you to where you should exit. Watch that the Doc doesn't fall behind the team; if he does, he becomes easy pickings for the enemy.

I r0olZ at this game!!!
Old 08 February 2010, 16:52   #4
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

Thanks lilaurl; I haven't played Syndicate in a while. I had most of it in memory though.
Old 08 February 2010, 22:45   #5
Minuous
Coder/webmaster/gamer

Wow, screenshots and everything Thanks lilalurl and Merlin!
Old 09 February 2010, 11:19   #6
Reynolds
Alien Breeder

It's a bit off-topic, and I don't want to steal this, but there's a free version of the game, I just downloaded the OS4 version. anyone tried out?
Old 09 February 2010, 12:27   #7
Merlin
AmiBay MegaMod

I have a question for the Syndicate fans; what is/was your strategy for completing the final level of the game? Did you go at it all Gauss-Guns blazing, or did you take a more measured approach, with mixed weaponry?

My choice was a mixture of Gauss Guns for taking out the guys on the towers, whilst I kept a few flame-throwers in the arsenal for toasting enemies, once I had tempted them to follow by running into a room. I kept some of the team outside the doors, to flame them as they came out.

I'm interested to hear what other tactics people used......
Old 09 February 2010, 18:58   #8
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynolds View Post
It's a bit off-topic, and I don't want to steal this, but there's a free version of the game, I just downloaded the OS4 version. anyone tried out?
Do you mean FreeSynd (cross-platform)?
I have never gave it a try because a) it seems to be at the beginning of the playable stage b) development seems to be halted (at least no news since 2007).

As for Merlin's question, although it has been a long time since I replayed this mission (not the most fun in my opinion):

- I usually have one or two "front" teams members with 4 shields (to benefit from the full recharging cycle and it is always fun to wander among the enemy lines while they kill each other ), flame throwers and one or two minigun/gauss.

- The two others are "backup" shooting from afar usually and carrying some extra weaponry for the two others (including at least one flamethrower). I usually give them 2 or 3 shields, enough to be protected against the first massive assault wave.

- I do relatively the opposite of you regarding building. I usually have the backup guys go inside to take cover (as soon as I can enter a building safely) and then, with the other shielded agents, I often attract enemies inside flaming them as they go through the door.
Given that this is at the doorstep you do not have the trouble you can have with aiming "inside" you can have further inside a building.

- IIRC, having one shielded agent attracting the tower guys fire while the 3 other shoot with LR rifle works great.
Old 27 April 2010, 21:44   #9
lilalurl
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merlin View Post
I have a question for the Syndicate fans; what is/was your strategy for completing the final level of the game?
While looking for something else, I found this video of someone with an interesting tactics based on fully loading up the 4 agents with laser guns and only laser guns.

[ Show youtube player ]

You can watch his video or more quickly read his extensive description for the details.

Seems to be pretty effective.
Old 28 April 2010, 02:22   #10
Loedown
Precious & fragile things

That's exactly how I won the game too, but the video isn't me playing Syndicate.
Old 28 April 2010, 03:41   #11
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilalurl View Post
While looking for something else, I found this video of someone with an interesting tactics based on fully loading up the 4 agents with laser guns and only laser guns.

[ Show youtube player ]

You can watch his video or more quickly read his extensive description for the details.

Seems to be pretty effective.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loedown View Post
That's exactly how I won the game too, but the video isn't me playing Syndicate.
Lasers - drugs - and level x cyborgs!

watch your targets desintigrate in rows!

thats how I beat that atlantic accelerator mission
Old 28 April 2010, 03:58   #12
NovaCoder

I took me about 20 attempts to do that final level, think I just lucked it in the end
Old 28 April 2010, 08:02   #13
Loedown
Precious & fragile things

Would someone be kind enough to *ahem* Zone Syndicate for me in ADF, both normal and AGA version if it ever existed?

Cheers in advance.
Old 28 April 2010, 13:43   #14
NovaCoder

No AGA version but there is a WDHLOAD CD32 version (with the cutscenes).
Old 28 April 2010, 13:48   #15
killergorilla
Lesser Talent

Wow, the PC version had a lot more sound effects, and handled it a lot better
Old 28 April 2010, 13:52   #16
Zetr0
Ya' like it Retr0?

@KG

.... when I get my 060 running DOS box..... i tell ya!
Old 24 September 2020, 22:38   #17
apex

FreeSynd is working fine here on a Vampire. Could be a little bit faster, but is working.
Old 25 September 2020, 03:31   #18
redblade
Zone Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex View Post
FreeSynd is working fine here on a Vampire. Could be a little bit faster, but is working.
Is it running in 640x480 or interlaced 16 colours? Would of been interesting to see if the A3000 could have handled that running interlaced.
Old 25 September 2020, 07:02   #19
NovaCoder

Quote:
Originally Posted by apex View Post
Glad to hear it's working!

Unfortunately the FreeSynd project is pretty much dead.

It was pretty hard to get it running on 68K

RTG only and yes it runs in 640x480 and it's very demanding because freesynd wasn't developed for classic hardware.

I only did this port to test my SDL library.

Last edited by NovaCoder; 25 September 2020 at 07:27.
Old 25 September 2020, 09:24   #20
apex

Really dead? Very sad. Ok, I have more from you to re-test.