English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Other Projects > project.MAGE

Old 03 May 2021, 20:39   #61
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gzegzolka View Post
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1c7Y...ew?usp=sharing I made yesterday another update for great DamienD collection. Inside You will find some demos, prototypes and most Polish games I mange to find. In my opinion many of those games are not great at all, but maybe somebody will be interested in checking them.
Cool stuff Gzegzolka

I'll take a look when I get the chance.

One small thing though, you should list the games that you've configured / set up in this pack, for easy reference
Old 04 May 2021, 09:33   #62
kkgarbod
The Human/Gray Hybrid

Location: The Elizabeth Arkham Asylum for the Criminally Insane
Hopefully I did this the correct way.

https://mega.nz/file/z00SHSya#qSDZ38...3MguUrL1kpditI

It's Labyrinth64 form Aminet in a bootable adf
Old 04 May 2021, 10:37   #63
Dunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by DamienD View Post
Cool stuff Gzegzolka

I'll take a look when I get the chance.

One small thing though, you should list the games that you've configured / set up in this pack, for easy reference
They also don't seem to be in the "Unofficial" directories, which will be a pain to correct.
Old 15 May 2021, 01:45   #64
cnterr

Hi DamienD! I made 4 WinUAE custom controllers, with the addition of numerous functions, for 2 Xbox 360 controller or 2 X-Arcade controller (no longer available after WinUAE 3.2.2 version)...

Xbox 360 controller

Has been set the right stick as a mouse, in this way starting a game with two controllers you will not have to switch from controller to mouse to move in the trainers screens, besides, the fire1/left mouse and fire 2/right mouse buttons have been mapped, as well as in the classic controller buttons, also on the two thumbs of the left and right sticks.

Remapped keys and hotkeys enabled:

Up, Down, Left, Right = Directional cross and left thumbs stick
Fire 1 = X*
Fire 2 = Y
Fire 3 = B
Up again = A* (awesome for platformers)
Quit = Back (Player 1 only)
Enter GUI = Start (Player 1 only)
Savestate Dialog = LB (Player 1 only)
Resume Savestate Dialog = RB (Player 1 only)
Pause = LT
Warp = RT (Player 1 only)

*=I am convinced that the fire 1 button solution on the X key and jump button on the A key is the most comfortable solution for all platform games and in general that the use of the X key as fire 1 allows a more natural thumb position.

X-Arcade controller

Remapped keys and hotkeys enabled:

Player 1 (left side)
Up, Down, Left, Right = Left joystick
Fire 1 = C
Fire 2 = Z
Fire 3 = X
Up again = Left Shift (awesome for platformers)
Enter GUI = 1
Quit = 2
Warp = Left Ctrl
Savestate Dialog = Left Alt
Resume Savestate Dialog = Space
Space Key = 6
Cursor Down Key = A
F1 Key = S
F2 Key = Q
Left Alt = 3
Right Alt = 4

Player 2 (right side)
Up, Down, Left, Right = Right joystick
Fire 1 = ]
Fire 2 = E
Fire 3 = [
Up again = W (awesome for platformers)

Attached to the post is the reference diagram of the X-Arcade controller in mode 1.

No other configuration entries, apart from those relating to controllers, have been changed in any uae file.

Download link:

https://emesrl20-my.sharepoint.com/:...-2Q4w?e=A9wWy4

Replace original "Configurations" folder with one of two archive.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	X-Arcade Layout.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	103.3 KB
ID:	71930  

Last edited by cnterr; 15 May 2021 at 09:07.
Old 16 May 2021, 17:55   #65
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnterr View Post
Hi DamienD! I made 4 WinUAE custom controllers, with the addition of numerous functions, for 2 Xbox 360 controller or 2 X-Arcade controller (no longer available after WinUAE 3.2.2 version)...

<>
Heya cnterr,

Good idea

I used to do something similar with my "HotRod SE"

Although a better thing to do than updating each and every configuration file is to uses "Host", see here:

Quote:
I'll convert later today when I get some time.
Old 16 May 2021, 21:38   #66
cnterr

Yes indeed it was the shortest way
Instead I was thinking of creating a batch file, executed completely invisibly by a VBS, in which to set variables for some of the most used settings, such as fullscreen enabled or not, the type of shader used, the onscreen led enabled or not , the floppy drive noise enabled or not, the controller type, etc.
At that point the same variables should be set in a host configuration file, so without having dozens of host files with all the possible combinations, it would be enough to modify the batch file to your liking by editing the various items available.
A sort of gemus script in batch format, I had already done a similar thing some time ago to start, again with WinUAE, various titles for CD32.
Old 18 May 2021, 10:51   #67
cnterr

Quote:
Heya cnterr,

Good idea

I used to do something similar with my "HotRod SE"

Although a better thing to do than updating each and every configuration file is to uses "Host", see here:

I'll convert later today when I get some time.

OK! I wanted to try to recreate the custom controllers config using host configurations as suggested, but I'm thinking it wouldn't work. The host files are fine to globally change a setting valid for all games, such as fullscreen, but I cannot use it for controllers, there are various configurations depending on the game in use, such as joystick 1 in port 2 or joystick 1 in port 1 or no joystick etc. If I were using a host configuration I would force the use of a controller on a certain port for all games by preventing the correct use of some. Or not?
Old 18 May 2021, 14:03   #68
DamienD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cnterr View Post
but I cannot use it for controllers, there are various configurations depending on the game in use, such as joystick 1 in port 2 or joystick 1 in port 1 or no joystick etc. If I were using a host configuration I would force the use of a controller on a certain port for all games by preventing the correct use of some. Or not?
Yes, that's true that I have various "Game Port" settings depending on which game.

For games that have none set it wouldn't be an issues setting a joystick. Basically this was set so that you can use the cursor keys.

I'll have think.
Old 13 February 2022, 20:34   #69
hitm4n

"DamienDs WinUAE - Hitm4ns Addon Pack 1.zip" is ready...

After much frustration with screenmodes and grabbing the screenshots, most of my morning was spent figuring this out, i started creating an addon pack this afternoon around 3pm. I've nailed a process thats super quick (for 1 disk games) and by 7.30pm (as i type this) i have my first pack done. 12 new games for the collection.

I have uploaded the set to the ~uploads/hitm4n folder on the Grandis/Turran FTP.

Some notes. The zip has a root WinUAE folder and the Games/Unofficial and Configurations/Unofficial paths within. Unpack directly where you need it. If you want to integrate the games into the complete set place the game files and configs 1 level up of course alongside the rest and you will have to update the configs so they see the new game path.

Screenshots, title/gameplay are all included. 720x576 is the default resolution in fullscreen windowed mode. LEDs are on, as is sound for the disk drive (but no clicking). NO scanlines. If you use my host/hardware overrides too (in the zone, uploaded today) you will have a beautifully sized game screen perfect for a 1080p monitor. I run WinUAE fullscreen on a 1920x1080 resolution, in DirectDraw mode and the graphics are glorious.

New games are...

Brainbow - The Rainbow Puzzler
Coin Mania
Drag and Drop
GermZ
Glow Track
Gold Mine
Imbrium - Day of Reckoning
Interlock
London Rain Matrix
Looty
Not Cave Runner II

Feedback welcome, particularly if its not working and i'll help out where i can (i'm no WinUAE expert).

There will be another pack soon and i will consider requests too. (please provide HOL links).

Enjoy.
Old 14 February 2022, 18:47   #70
nivam

Thank you for that!
Old 14 February 2022, 20:51   #71
hitm4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by nivam View Post
Thank you for that!
Hi nivam. You're welcome. Have you tried the pack, any feedback at all? Good or bad is fine.

Well... I'm really here to offer up the next pack...

"DamienDs WinUAE - Hitm4ns Addon Pack 2.zip"

Got home from work and cracked straight on with more games, it went so well its TV and tea time now, so i'm done for tonight, but theres 9 new games in this one...

I have uploaded the set to my ~uploads/hitm4n folder on the Grandis/Turran FTP as before and the same applies as per the pack 1 post.

New games are...

Oubliette
Pump Up The Volume
Quest For Galaxia
Redpill Puzzle
Rings Of Zon - Trilogy One Of The Zon Saga
Space Pilot Of Death
The Invaders (Mental Image Games Disk 1) (includes a couple of other games)
The Invaders II (Mental Image Games Disk 2) (includes a couple of other games)
Wiz 2

Once again, feedback welcome, particularly if its not working and i'll help out where i can (i'm no WinUAE expert).
Its all working great for me, would be cool to know someones tried these and they work for you too.

There will be another pack soon and i will consider requests too. (please provide HOL links).

Enjoy.

Last edited by hitm4n; 14 February 2022 at 20:53. Reason: formatting
Old 15 February 2022, 21:11   #72
hitm4n

Back once again with...

"DamienDs WinUAE - Hitm4ns Addon Pack 3.zip"

Only 3 games this time (well 32 i suppose, see below)...

These took a bit longer to get right and now i'm off to slump in front of the tv again. More games to come...

As usual, i have uploaded this set to my ~uploads/hitm4n folder on the Grandis/Turran FTP and the same applies as per the pack 1 post. Check back a few posts.

New/updated games are...

Megaball 4 AGA (now includes 104 board packs in total - gathered up from Aminet and added in to Damiens version. New title and screenshot taken.)
Schelobers Quest For A Babe - A 4 disk game
The Lost Treasures of Infocom (30 classic Infocom text adventures on one HD image. Boot and go)

As usual, feedback is welcomed, particularly if you have any issues running the games or "stuff" just isn't right. I'll help out where i can.

I plan more packs, i still have a short list of games i want to add, but i'm starting to get into the more tricky ones now, who knows, i might get stuck. I will consider requests too, anything that Damien refused to add but you still think is a great addition, i can't promise to add them but i'll give them a look. (Please provide HOL links so i can get details).

Thanks, and enjoy.

Last edited by hitm4n; 15 February 2022 at 21:13. Reason: formatting
Old 16 February 2022, 22:48   #73
hitm4n

New day, new pack...

"DamienDs WinUAE - Hitm4ns Addon Pack 4.zip"

5 new games this time...

As usual, i have uploaded this set to my ~uploads/hitm4n folder on the Grandis/Turran FTP and the same applies as per my pack 1 post. Check back a few posts.

New games are...

Axel Tetris
Hibernated 1 - This Place Is Death
Jelly Othelly
The Eire Raising Adventures Of Seamus OMally
Werner Flaschbier

As usual, feedback is welcomed, particularly if you have any issues running the games or "stuff" just isn't right. I'll help out where i can.

I plan more packs, still got my shortlist to work through, but i will consider requests too. I plan to go through Damiens megathread and look at all the past requests made, make a list and compare to whats in the set now. Anything missing i'll take a look at.

Once again, enjoy.
Old 18 February 2022, 09:16   #74
hitm4n

No new pack last night, instead i spent the evening going through Damiens megathread looking for all the requests people have made over the last 4 years or so. With over 230 pages in there, theres rather a lot to go through.

I managed the first 100 pages last night and did half of the "request for gems" thread too. Building a list then comparing to the games folder in WinUAE. Will hopefully complete these two threads this evening and have a new list to look through for potential additions. I've identified around 15 games for consideration so far, but Damien has added almost everything requested (i've just got to 2019 where requests start to get more widespread) and these remaining few i've found might be absolute pants. I'm not adding everything for the sake of it, but we know DDs dislike for RTS and Management games, so he tends not to add those (i'm not into management games either), but if its a popular classic i will add it for completion.

I would prefer the whole collection to be much more complete while still retaining a game quality of at least "good" or "interesting", or even just "popular". Also not averse to PD and/or game compilation disks (already added the 2 Mental Image Games disks above).

So work continues, you can expect more packs shortly.
Enjoy.
Old 19 February 2022, 13:15   #75
hitm4n

Wow... Trawling the entire DD thread (yep, all 237 pages of it) and the "request for gems" thread has resulted in finding 460 titles for consideration. All requested by you guys (mostly ransom1122 in the gems thread) but not yet included by DD.

I'm now double checking that these are not included and then looking each one up on HOL or anywhere else i might find info / screenshots on them.

Theres plenty of great stuff in this list, The Infocom adventures for a start, Za Zelazna Brama, Top Hat Willy, Championship Manager, CD32 versions of Pushover and Ruff N Tumble or Mean Arenas, Jet Set Billy, Jumping Jack, Hack, Colossal Adventure, Boulderdash and of course Kang Fu.

I didn't think i'd find 460 titles, got a lot to check through. So... better get going eh.
Back later.
Old 20 February 2022, 14:25   #76
Nerces

Instead of an 'update pack', I was wondering if anyone as ever compiled Amiga games in foreign languages?
I have trouble finding all those fantastics games of my childhood in french.
Old 20 February 2022, 15:18   #77
hitm4n

On LemonAmiga you can filter by all sorts. Heres the "French" list.

https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/lis...anguage=french

Of course, many of these will be English games with a French option, but i guess all the native French games are there too.
Old 20 February 2022, 20:28   #78
hitm4n

460 titles cross checked with DDs collection, looked up on HOL, read reviews, checked screenshots and watched a longplay on YouTube.

Hell of a lot of crap on the list but i've whittled it down to just 68 games.

I will start making packs again now.
Requests still considered.
Old 20 February 2022, 21:18   #79
enigma776
Bringer of Death

You may want to check your configs with some of Damien's...Just saying.
Old 20 February 2022, 21:40   #80
hitm4n

Hey enigma776. What do you mean? Can you be a bit more specific on the issues please, what have you noticed? Thx.