English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Requests > request.Other

Old 01 February 2022, 19:17   #181
benvelor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zak View Post
Hello benvelor,
I placed a zip called GOALtrai.zip in the Zone! It contains an Amiga adf with the trainer on it, just insert the adf under Amiga OS and pull the GoalTrainer drawer to your harddisk. I tested it and it is working fine. It is normal that in the top line of the trainer the name "Trojans" appears. That's just the group that has written the trainer and will do nothing to your harddisk.

nope, i doesn't work
this i what appears and it is stuck

https://ibb.co/N7h8bWy
Old 01 February 2022, 20:04   #182
Zak
Zap´em

I really don't know what's happening there. The only thing I could imagine is you don't use the correct WinUAE configuration. Maybe not the correct Kickstart-ROM? Kickstart 2 or maybe you are using a modern, altered Kickstart-ROM? I can't think of anything else. I am using Kickstart 3.0 and Workbench 3.1 under WinUAE and it works alright. Or maybe not enough Chip-RAM?

Edit: Or are you using a new version of WinUAE at all? Then it would be something for Toni Wilen to check. Or maybe you use Windows 11 but with the Windows 10 WinUAE?

Last edited by Zak; 01 February 2022 at 20:21.
Old 01 February 2022, 22:25   #183
benvelor

now it works...

i don't know what happens but... it works..!

thank you for your support, and a adf version is very usefull and more user friendly then unpack the lha archive

thank you again
Old 01 February 2022, 22:44   #184
benvelor

anyway, winuae vers. 4.9.0 on windows 10, just like 1 week ago...
Old 02 February 2022, 14:55   #185
Zak
Zap´em

I'm glad for you that it works now. What would one do without the trainer?
Old 14 February 2022, 21:40   #186
Zak
Zap´em

Today I present GOALnew51.zip

It has the original Goal! disks 1 and 2,
disk3 is a disk with alternative lineups and
disk3-zak additionally has my custom teams, so you can choose if you like it better with or without my added custom teams.

The old problems still remain the same and are showed in the added textfile, but I now have interpretations of the lineups that I am more happy with.
Old 22 February 2022, 15:47   #187
Zak
Zap´em

GOALnew52.zip is now out shortly after version 51.

I got new information about which right foot to play on the left side for some teams.
Old 06 March 2022, 18:51   #188
Zak
Zap´em

I beefed up my favorite custom teams and reuploaded GOALnew52.zip with new GOALnew52-disk3-zak just so if anyone is interested at all
Old 11 March 2022, 19:35   #189
Zak
Zap´em

And I got the next version of my teams up. I called the zip file GOALnew52c.zip.
I tried to be more objective with the teams and also improved the comments on them, so that you can see what I intended them to be.
Old 27 April 2022, 15:47   #190
Zak
Zap´em

I just want to announce that I have found the last bits of missing information (open questions) about GOALnew and that this did not change anything. That means that GOALnew52 is the first version with no obvious errors left. The only thing is that there could be errors I am not aware of and didn't expect.

GOALnew52 is still in the Zone! for ongoing 13 days.
Old 18 June 2022, 19:13   #191
benvelor

hi zak, i'm trying to edit goal! teams according to FM stats
i would like to know your opinion about what i thought to do
first of all, i tried to find a corresponding to goal stats to fm, so:
pace -> pace (easy )
stamina -> stamina (same... )
aggression -> aggression (so far...)
resilience -> natural fitness
keeping skills -> handling
tackling skills -> marking (one on ones for keepers)
passing skills -> passing
shooting skills -> finishing (kicking for keepers)

the more difficult is convert fm stats (1 to 20) to goal stats (1 to 40)
1-4 -> 28
5 -> 29
6 -> 30
7 -> 31
8 -> 31
9 -> 32
10 -> 32
11 -> 33
12 -> 33
13 -> 34
14 -> 35
15 -> 35
16 -> 36
17 -> 37
18 -> 38
19 -> 39
20 -> 40

aggression is lower by 4-5 (too aggressive)
handling is raised by 3-4 (too low)

so De Ligt, i.e. is like that:
no care about handling

neuer is:

obviously, I adjust the stats according the single player
what do you think?
any suggestion is accepted, you are a very expert to goal teams editing
Old 19 June 2022, 14:40   #192
Zak
Zap´em

Hello benvelor,

keeping is the goal keeper's skills, I don't know what's meant with handling, but it's obviously not the same? As for resilience in Goal!, it's the value of how much the ball is sticking to one's feet while in possession of the ball. In Pro Evolution Soccer I used "dribble accuracy" for this value, because the best analogy for this value is how hard it is for the opponent to steal the ball from the player due to his technical abilities. Maybe that's more like handling? I don't know anything about FM though, I concentrated on Pro Evolution Soccer.
Therefore I don't know if values below a certain point in FM are even used or not. Like do players have values below 20? If not, it could be set too high to start the corresponding Goal! values with 28. For the PES values I started with something like 14 Goal! value bars.
I also made a different plan, I counted the yellow and red Goal! values together as 13, and below that I had values like minus 13 in the greens and minus 13 would be the absolute zero. It was more easy for me to count the values that way in the editor and I could picture the outcome more easy. Like what value would be 31 in your count? With counting to 13, I know that a 4 is 4 yellow value bars.
Also, when you edit teams, make sure to edit all team members values first to a common standard. For example, I edited all players to a value of 6 yellow bars and selected "copy to all". Then I could count each player's values starting from 6 upwards or downwards while editing player after player. That made things much easier. Otherwise you always have to start at the top (40/13), which can be a quite stressful work.
Old 19 June 2022, 15:48   #193
benvelor

thank you for your advice!
I ever thought resilience in goal! is the injury prone, high value less injury probability during a takle
starting from 6 yellow (or 34, like I count) is the same for me! :-)
I take stats form here:
https://fminside.net/players
keeping is called handling, in fm stats

I'll go on to try to find my best way to convert that stats!
thank you!
Old 19 June 2022, 16:07   #194
Zak
Zap´em

The manual text file that you get for Goal! on Amiga HOL is wrong in some points including resilience. I re-checked my original manual in this point and it's clearly the value about how difficult it is for the opponent to get the ball from the player.
Old 19 June 2022, 22:05   #195
benvelor

in italian is translated as "recupero", in english would be "recovery"

i still have the manual, i'm going to rescue from... everywhere I put my old amiga stuff
Old 20 June 2022, 23:49   #196
Zak
Zap´em

In the German manual it says for resilience "Bestimmt die Wahrscheinlichkeit, mit der ein angegriffener Spieler in Ballbesitz bleibt" and that means in English according to google translate "Determines the probability that an attacked player retains possession of the ball". So how likely he will possess the ball after being attacked. In English manual it says "how likely a player is to survive a tackle".

Edit: in French manual it says "Capacité des Récupération - les chancens por qu'un joueur se relève après un tacle" which is in google translate "Recovery Ability - the chance a player gets back up after a tackle".
Every manual is different. I made all values in the past after the German version that a player stays in ball possession. That's totally different from not getting hurt.

Last edited by Zak; 21 June 2022 at 15:49.
Old 22 June 2022, 08:40   #197
benvelor

yes, in italian manual it sounds like "probability to 'survive' a tackle"...
Old 26 July 2022, 15:46   #198
Zak
Zap´em

Next week is the ten year anniversary of this thread, but chances are it's too hot for sitting at the computer in my loft. So I now upload the package intended for celebrating next week.

GOALzak.zip

It contains every disk I made for Goal!. It's the complete package for people that missed something out. There is also a new replays disk for those who want something new (containing rather rare goals than beautiful goals though). Remember that for GOALzak1999 you have to load the savegames, not the edit teams leagues.
Old 03 November 2022, 14:33   #199
Zak
Zap´em

I uploaded GOAL-zak-22.zip

It contains some new teams that I made and I have changed some things around here and there.
Old 23 January 2023, 19:04   #200
Zak
Zap´em

I made a few new teams and changed my personal teams that I play the leagues with and uploaded them together with all my other Goal! disks in one archive to the Zone!.

GOAL-zak-23.zip