English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.FS-UAE

Old 24 September 2022, 15:43   #1
rothers

FS-UEA launcher deleting files on M1 Mac.

I've had this happen a few times to the point I've stopped dev on my HAM game.

Sometimes if you eject in the launcher the file vanishes from my mac. It isn't in the bin it's just gone!

Am I missing something here? Why would it do this?
Old 25 September 2022, 13:17   #2
FrodeSolheim
FS-UAE Developer

That does not make any sense, no. The Launcher is certainly not coded to do this, and I don't really see how it could be caused by a bug either, since the Launcher generally has very few code paths that delete files...

What kind of files are you ejecting (and ejecting from what)? Are you 100% certain that the file exists right before you eject, and then right after you have ejected, it is gone?
Old 14 December 2022, 12:56   #3
ztronzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rothers View Post
I've had this happen a few times to the point I've stopped dev on my HAM game.

Sometimes if you eject in the launcher the file vanishes from my mac. It isn't in the bin it's just gone!

Am I missing something here? Why would it do this?
Not sure if 100% related to your issue..
For a special security reason only Apple knows, MacOS is known to create its own sandbox environment when running applications which are downloaded off the internet and then it destroys the sandbox environment once the application is closed.

A quick workaround is once you extract the "FS-UAE Launcher" application file, move it to another folder using the Finder (desktop) drag-drop procedure (dont use any 3rd party file-manager for this).. this somehow tells the system the application file is secure and it doesnt create its a sandbox environment anymore when running the app...
Old 27 December 2022, 23:49   #4
Weasel Fierce

Wait, are you running the program from inside an archive?

"Eject" is used to remove an archive or external drive that has been mounted. Extract the files and put them somewhere (Applications / Documents / whatever) and then run the launcher normally (the first time you may have to use command+right click Open)
Old 06 January 2023, 13:07   #5
ztronzo

Could it be that the floppy image is protected or writable floppy images option is not set? This creates a saved layer for the disk called .sdf under the "save states" folder.. the original adf remains intact.. once you mount the same disk (without processing it from other apps), the emulator attaches the sdf file to it which holds all changes from the original adf.. think about it as a differential file in a backup chain
So in theory if you tamper with the adf image using another app, you risk on losing those changes/differential chain

This could be your case as it's set by default
https://fs-uae.net/docs/floppy-images

Last edited by ztronzo; 06 January 2023 at 13:14.
Old 06 January 2023, 13:19   #6
ztronzo

Or what Weasel said.. it could be as simple as you running it from inside the DMG package and not copying/installing it properly

You can ignore my previous message as I thought you refered to files getting removed after you eject the adf from the emulator