English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > MarketPlace

Old 28 March 2013, 11:03   #1
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Vesalia

I'm just wondering that have everyone been happy with Vesalia lately? I have always got quick notifications and updates for online status. I done the payment over a week ago and it's still in the status "Payment pending". I send two e-mails to the info(at)vesalia without answer. Am I just too impatient or what?
Old 28 March 2013, 11:40   #2
Turran

I've never gotten an response from info@vesalia... Of course, I only ordered from there once, having it take way to long to arrive and no response from email, so I have not ordered from them again =)
Old 28 March 2013, 11:41   #3
thomas

http://www.a1k.org/forum/showthread.php?t=36977

This thread says that Vesalia had computer problems between Feb 28th and Mar 4th and some orders from this time range have not been processed. Perhaps they still have a bit chaos there?
Old 28 March 2013, 11:45   #4
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Ok, thanks for the info thomas. My order was done 18th of Mar and paid 19th day via bank wire. Hmm, it was a group order with goodies to my Amiga fellows also so they are also asking me what's going on.
Old 28 March 2013, 14:39   #5
Cymru

Vesalia

I've spoken with Vesalia and they rely on pencil & paper as much or more than their computer. They say the cost to upgrade their system is way too expensive and to just be patient. The many German holidays can slow things, but when all is working, ordering, payment and shipping usually has you the item in 10 to 14 days for the states.
Old 28 March 2013, 15:08   #6
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Thank for info Cymru. I once ordered Vesalia to Finland an it took one and a half month to arrive. They nowadays have always short on scart cables that I also took. Oh well there's so little to choose what comes to Amiga stores. I know Amigakit is fast but it costs more.
Old 29 March 2013, 13:56   #7
amigakit.com

Which items do we cost more on? We are always looking for feedback. Remember the prices we state on the amigakit.eu include VAT and we do not charge for Paypal or credit card payments.
Old 29 March 2013, 14:11   #8
Lobotomika

I attempted to buy a 1200 from Vesalia years ago. I think it was sold as "nos" but it had a yellowed keyboard and I had to buy a replacement from amigakit later. After a month long of waiting for it to be shipped and troubles in the customs office (thanks to the terrible packaging) I received it with a nice crack in the bottom left corner of the case. Their attitude was unfriendly, even patronizing during the entire process. This was years ago but it left a bitter taste. I'm not going to let them ruin my hobby ever again.

Whatever you wanna buy, check amigakit first. They're the best and I wouldn't mind to pay a couple euros or more for a satisfactory service but that's just me. I'm not affiliated with them in any way (but I don't mind if someone accidentally pms me an amigakit discount coupon )
Old 30 March 2013, 01:46   #9
Cymru

Vesalia

Amigakit,

What is the status of the X1000?
Old 30 March 2013, 21:05   #10
amigakit.com

see here:

www.amigakit.com/x1000
Old 30 March 2013, 22:11   #11
demolition
Unregistered User

I've written mails to Vesalia three times and never received a reply from them. Apparently, if you want to get in contact with them you need to phone them and hope that the one guy who talks English is available.. Otherwise you have a chance to train your German speaking abilities.
I've bought things from them three times though, and they've always shipped very quickly and as someone else wrote, they're usually slightly cheaper than Amigakit (although not enough to really matter). IMO they often have more things in stock, which is mainly why I have ordered from them instead of Amigakit.
Old 31 March 2013, 19:20   #12
Cymru

Vesalia

Quote:
Originally Posted by amigakit.com View Post
Is that why you are not answering emails?
Old 02 April 2013, 19:21   #13
Old Fool
Zone Friend

I would have ordered from Amigakit rather than from Vesalia but Amigakit's Amiga scart leads are pretty awful looking "hand made" from 25 pin cables. Still the original 23-pin leads are cheaper in Vesalia. The problem is that it seems that Vesalia is living it's own life at the moment
Old 02 April 2013, 22:45   #14
Cymru

Vesalia

My experience has always been good with Vesalia.
Old 03 April 2013, 00:56   #15
Lobotomika

@Old Fool Well I've been using those ugly hand made cables for longer than a couple years and I've only been aware of their ugliness by your message. While I can not deny their lack of appeal I however never pursued aesthetical attributes in well... scart cables as long as they worked fine and they do I know, I already sounded like an Amigakit fanboy until now and everything else I post will contribute to that but still... goddamn cables
Old 03 April 2013, 10:20   #16
squidbass

I have to add my bit. Vesalia stink plain and simple. I ordered a pack of 20 5.25" floppies from them and they were never delivered. They pointed me to their german postal site which indicated that the package was *not* delivered. In fact, it appears it never arrived in the UK. Would they send a replacement? No they would not. So pants to Vesalia!
Old 03 April 2013, 11:50   #17
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cymru View Post
Is that why you are not answering emails?
Problem is, alot of people email the "NO REPLY" email account and expect an answer.
You should have had a reply to your query now.
Old 03 April 2013, 12:32   #18
Old Fool
Zone Friend

Ok here's a reason for the current delay folks: Vesalia is closed until 8th of April. It seems that they know what holiday means in Germany
Old 03 April 2013, 15:41   #19
amigakit.com

@squidbass

We stock 5.25" disks in the UK. Surely that would be cheaper than ordering from overseas?
Old 04 April 2013, 03:14   #20
Cymru

Vesalia

Both stores (Amigakit and Vesalia) have their "issues" and one of them seems to be using this forum to compete with other.

Let us allow the customers decide who has what for sale, who has the best prices, who responds to support emails and the like. If I wanted to watch a brawl, I'd watch it on TV and not in a forum.