English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.OtherUAE

Old 27 May 2020, 20:27   #1
77slevin

Hooooo Using a classic joystick on KeyRah v2 with Emulation

Hi,

The question I have is so multi-disciplinary I didn't know where to ask so I'll try at the heart of Amiga fans, here goes nothing:

I bought a Raspberry Pi 4 for the sole purpose of emulating an Amiga 1200, so I build my Pi into a A1200 case and am using an Individual Computing KeyRah v2 for the Amiga keyboard to Pi USB connection. Phew...

The KeyRah also is equipped with 2 classic joystick/mouse ports, so you are able to use your old joysticks with emulation, but here lies my problem: the emulator, Amiberry on Raspbian, doesn't recognize my joystick when I connect to either 2 ports. I also have a USB Joystick, styled as a Competition Pro stick, but it's a slow affair when using for games and I much prefer my classic 'The Arcade' Suko stick.

Do I need to install anything on the Linux side to get my joystick working or is there another solution?
Old 29 May 2020, 01:24   #2
sonninnos
Commodork

The joystick ports map simply to numpad keys, so you have to map them first in the which ever emulator you are using. All that is in the link you included.

PUAE core for libretro for example has the support built-in with a simple toggle.
Old 08 June 2020, 10:23   #3
midwan

Amiberry supports custom mapping through the retroarch standard, check the wiki: https://github.com/midwan/amiberry/w...rd-Controllers