English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > News

Old 12 June 2021, 22:41   #661
boemann
Camilla, AmigaOS Dev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiroglyph View Post
With just the default driver options, when I scroll forward it says Fiveth Down, scroll back it says Fourth Down.

It's a PS2 mouse, no USB to PS2 adapter although I won't guarantee what the IC is in it.

Edit: I just tried an ancient MS Intellimouse with the ball and it has the same result.
Hmm it should say wheel up and wheel down. I can certainly see that if it sends out mouse button presses then it doesn't work.
Old 12 June 2021, 23:47   #662
Heiroglyph

This thing has never really worked for scroll wheel. I think I got it when they first came out and it just may not be 100% functional beyond basic mouse functions.

Still, I'd like to hear of a current adapter that is known to work. I don't like buying a system specific mouse because they're parts that wear out over time.

On a semi-related note, is there a recommended way of installing Poseidon? I was worried about installing the included input.device since 3.2 has an updated one.

USB is one of my last tasks for this 3.2 install.

Thanks
Old 13 June 2021, 01:54   #663
crazyc

I cannot seem to get clicktofront to work. Is there a setting I need to activate? Like the one to drag windows off screen?
Cheers
Old 13 June 2021, 06:12   #664
Michael
A1260T/PPC/BV/SCSI/NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc View Post
I cannot seem to get clicktofront to work. Is there a setting I need to activate? Like the one to drag windows off screen?
Cheers
This should work without much trouble, unless you have other tools running that can interfere. Also what areas are you clicking?
Old 13 June 2021, 09:45   #665
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
Originally Posted by npagonis73 View Post
I use it to make my own hand made 3.2 distro (super stable, compatible with anything i tried, doesnt need many patches since many things are done nativelly now). Also used it with AmikitXE!! The best combination OS & Amikit for me so far since i have tried all previous amiga OS's and almost all had something.

I don't think you can integrate OS 3.2 with Amikit or other Distributions that include AfA OS, OS 3.2 seems not to support AfA OS, unless there is some patch that allows it, a great pity do not integrate AfA OS !
Old 13 June 2021, 10:16   #666
Michael
A1260T/PPC/BV/SCSI/NET

AFA is a serious patch, so it has to adapt to new intuition and other features of the core OS. If there will be enough interest, I am sure it will get updated.
Old 13 June 2021, 11:13   #667
crazyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael View Post
This should work without much trouble, unless you have other tools running that can interfere. Also what areas are you clicking?
I have tried clicking on the bar at the top and the window itself. Not sure what other tools might interfere. I haven't added much to the base setup yet.
Old 13 June 2021, 11:17   #668
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
AFA is a serious patch, so it has to adapt to new intuition and other features of the core OS. If there will be enough interest, I am sure it will get updated.
AfA OS is an indispensable extension for those who love a modern OS, without AfA OS in my opinion is a step backwards in progress, I hope someone will find a solution.
Old 13 June 2021, 12:02   #669
Michael
A1260T/PPC/BV/SCSI/NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyc View Post
I have tried clicking on the bar at the top and the window itself. Not sure what other tools might interfere. I haven't added much to the base setup yet.
You might have a qualify key set or nothing at all, check the tool types.
Old 13 June 2021, 12:08   #670
Michael
A1260T/PPC/BV/SCSI/NET

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMIGASYSTEM View Post
AfA OS is an indispensable extension for those who love a modern OS, without AfA OS in my opinion is a step backwards in progress, I hope someone will find a solution.
What exactly is offered by AFA that you are missing ?
- I can think of font antialiasing, while slow on real hardware, it's nice to have as option on hi end hi res setups.
- Skinning is not very compatible, VisualPrefs + Birdie do the same but friendlier.
- 24bit Icons can be served by Peters icon lib replacement.

Anything else to consider ?
Old 13 June 2021, 17:02   #671
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:
- Skinning is not very compatible, VisualPrefs + Birdie do the same but friendlier.
VisualPrefs is not comparable graphically with AfA OS, have you ever used AfA OS and its skins?
Old 13 June 2021, 17:24   #672
bubbob42

Quote:
VisualPrefs is not comparable graphically with AfA OS, have you ever used AfA OS and its skins?
Yes, I don’t like most of ‘em. They don’t remind me of AmigaOS at all.
Old 13 June 2021, 18:27   #673
buggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heiroglyph View Post
Still, I'd like to hear of a current adapter that is known to work. I don't like buying a system specific mouse because they're parts that wear out over time.

If you don't mind some DIY soldering and 3D printing, then there might be an option that works well for USB wheel mice: UWMouse.
Old 13 June 2021, 18:27   #674
Michael
A1260T/PPC/BV/SCSI/NET

Quote:
I do use it in some cases, but not on my own regular systems.
It does have it's charm and extended configurability, but it's not safe for some software. You pick your own poison and live with it.
If it's not compatible with 3.2 at the moment, then it should be updated.
Personally I would like to see it updated too, since tweaking is one of the many fun projects to do on Amiga.
Old 13 June 2021, 20:11   #675
AMIGASYSTEM

Quote:

but it's not safe for some software.

Which would be these softwares? I don't know! Of course if you are talking about ECS/OCS/AGA software it is normal, all RTG systems suffer with these old ChipSets including OS3.2 RTG.
Old 14 June 2021, 02:40   #676
rutra80

Quote:
Originally Posted by rutra80 View Post
On clean 3.2 gurus indeed, but on 3.1.4 upgraded to 3.2 doesn't...
To be more precise:

KS 3.1.4 + AmigaOS 3.2 = no guru when dir >>nil:
KS 3.2 + AmigaOS 3.2 = guru when dir >>nil:
Old 14 June 2021, 04:41   #677
klx300r

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by boemann View Post
Well I've only tested scrollwheel with uae. but I'd assume cocolino to work too. The scrollwheel support relies on newmouse events which is the de-facto 68k standard. You still need to install it's driver software though. The thing the os does is replace the freewheel program

I've got a PS2 connector mouse that works fine in my A1200 Tower so with OS3.2 for the scroll mouse to work I will need a 'driver' to for the scroll wheel to work?
Old 14 June 2021, 07:49   #678
Rotzloeffel

Quote:
Originally Posted by klx300r View Post
I've got a PS2 connector mouse that works fine in my A1200 Tower so with OS3.2 for the scroll mouse to work I will need a 'driver' to for the scroll wheel to work?
There is NO PS2 mouseadapter available which supports a wheel, except the UWMouseadapter from Buggs http://bax.comlab.uni-rostock.de/en/...iga-usb-mouse/
Old 14 June 2021, 08:31   #679
buggs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotzloeffel View Post
There is NO PS2 mouseadapter available which supports a wheel, except the UWMouseadapter from Buggs http://bax.comlab.uni-rostock.de/en/...iga-usb-mouse/
*arf* You seem to have 0xC0FFEE underflow this morning.

Before I go on with the list below, the rule of thumb regarding wheel support with the respective mouse adapters is simply: In case that the vendor offers a driver for download, then there is a chance that the wheel is working. If the vendor doesn't explicitly mention wheel support, then it probably won't.

I am aware of the following wheel mouse hardware solutions for the Amiga:
It should be noted that the 3 PS/2 adapters I've mentioned use very different ways to transmit the wheel information into the Amiga. Cocolino is serial like the CD32 gamepad, Micromys is analog and PS2M transmits to the joystick port. Hence, a hardware specific driver is needed before AmigaOS can pick up the events and feed them into intuition windows.
Old 14 June 2021, 12:19   #680
cip060

Amigasystem is a TROLL !!