Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Amiga scene

Old 24 May 2019, 07:29   #21
bbond007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean_sk View Post
Very nice......I like!!

Would you have been able to modify one of these for you LED’s:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/LEDS-Ami...0AAOSwh0NcuEKE

Also, will you be able to get the joystick ports working?
That looks like it uses 3 LEDs together same as I did for far less cost, so I don't so much see the advantage...

The answer is yes though. I'm sure I could modify that thing and make it work (at least the PCB). The Mister LEDs are switched on the ground vs +V so that is a huge difference. Meaning it probably would entail desoldering all the LEDs and reversing the polarity...

I need to do more research before I decide if connecting the DB9s to the Keyrah V2 is worth it. With the Keyrah the joystick ports register as keyboard events.

I also have a C= 64c build with RetroPie also utilizing the Keyrah V2 device, and while I did get it to work with C= 64 emulator, it requires custom configuration per emulator. I'm not even sure if the device supports 2 buttons. With MiSTer I'm sure it would be a much better situation, but if it only supports one button then I probably won't bother.

My favorite controllers are Logitech F710 wireless and the 8bitdo grey brick thing with PS4 controller. I'm totally spoiled when it comes to wireless controllers which have enough buttons to operate the OSD as well as work with other cores (requiring more buttons).

I already have a Mayflash USB adapter I can use with (two) legacy DB9 Joysticks including 6 button Genesis controllers, I might be more interested into adding that internally (or something else) vs the Keyrah.

Last edited by bbond007; 24 May 2019 at 08:22.
Old 24 May 2019, 08:17   #22
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbond007 View Post
This is my A1200 MiSTer
Nice work bbond007!
Old 24 May 2019, 12:16   #23
MartinW

Agreed, really nice job there

I'm still on the fence as to whether to add mine into the case of my non-working A600. I'd like to from a portability point of view but it doesn't make too much sense since I fully intend to use it for other cores as well as Minimig.

I also have one of these keyboards with a custom Amiga keycaps set which is IMO a rather nice setup so I'll probably just keep it as it is for now and just pretend it's a big-box Amiga

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just need to improve the case situation. I couldn't get my printer to print the top case and after about 5 attempts I just gave up and instead left it as a lower shell with an open top. It will do for now until I finalise what I do.

I'll add a pic tonight.
Old 04 July 2019, 15:09   #24
petarku

is there anyone on this forum that have both mist and mister to tell me is it worth to get mister when I have mist already? I am not interested in any other core (just amiga so i presume differences in core are minimal) and i am using it mostly for whdload gaming (swos and some arcades). From what i understand the advantage of mister is hdmi output but disadvantage is no DB9 connectors which could cause input lag?
Old 04 July 2019, 15:12   #25
Hewitson

How well does the Neo Geo emulator work?
Old 04 July 2019, 21:14   #26
RoC

Quote:
Originally Posted by petarku View Post
is there anyone on this forum that have both mist and mister to tell me is it worth to get mister when I have mist already? I am not interested in any other core (just amiga so i presume differences in core are minimal) and i am using it mostly for whdload gaming (swos and some arcades). From what i understand the advantage of mister is hdmi output but disadvantage is no DB9 connectors which could cause input lag?

I am not an expert, however the difference is marginal in terms of Amiga core. Even the Sysinfo reports more or less the same Dhrystone (6000+).

Nevertheless, even not taking into any account the many more cores, with the mister you get HDMI output and you can plug easily USB (in my case BlueTooth) keyboard and mouse. Juicy for the living room. Moreover, the cores, menu, video filters and Linux OS are easily updated directly from the mister by connecting an Ethernet cable (or WiFi adapter)

If you want a better Amiga FPGA, the Replay cards is IMHO way better in many respects, though there is little more than Amiga cores.

Finally, the little tiny FleaFPGA offered a 10000 dryhstone for 50 euro. Best value for money. Pity it lacks the joystick port.
Old 05 July 2019, 01:53   #27
petarku

why replay cards are way better as amiga fpga ? what is difference between it and minimig on mist/mister ?

I have cheap knock off mist just for amiga called sidewinder , it has joystick ports and costz 75 euro. Drawback is that is using only ps2 keyboard and mouse that is quite legacy at this moment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoC View Post
I am not an expert, however the difference is marginal in terms of Amiga core. Even the Sysinfo reports more or less the same Dhrystone (6000+).

Nevertheless, even not taking into any account the many more cores, with the mister you get HDMI output and you can plug easily USB (in my case BlueTooth) keyboard and mouse. Juicy for the living room. Moreover, the cores, menu, video filters and Linux OS are easily updated directly from the mister by connecting an Ethernet cable (or WiFi adapter)

If you want a better Amiga FPGA, the Replay cards is IMHO way better in many respects, though there is little more than Amiga cores.

Finally, the little tiny FleaFPGA offered a 10000 dryhstone for 50 euro. Best value for money. Pity it lacks the joystick port.
Old 05 July 2019, 19:10   #28
RoC

MiSTer: FPGA Amiga + loads more

Sticking to Amiga only, The Replay offers RTG, better core performance (~10000) and you can install a 060 daughterboard with lots of RAM (184MB fast, 2 Chip) reaching ~37000. There are also other things on the DB, like RTC (this may be on the MiSTer too) and the Amiga floppy connector.

I am not an expert of cores, so cannot really judge their internals. Performance is different, so I suspect they are different in some respect.

MiSTer offers a lot more than Amiga though. Consoles, Computers and more arcades.

Good to have both (Replay for Amiga, MiSTer mostly for the rest) if you ask me.
Old 05 July 2019, 21:52   #29
MartinW

Just so you know, on the MiSTer while, yes, you can buy a little RTC addon board for it, provided you have a network connection you don't really need it because the Amiga side will pick up the time and date from the Linux host side as soon as the network is up. This does mean that a wired connection works better than a wireless because, especially if not using DHCP you are guaranteed that the network will be up before the OS in the core. But both are workable however.

I considered getting an RTC card if I needed it but so far haven't needed it.

I very much like the idea of the Replay board having RTG. I miss that on the MiSTer although my main Amiga has RTG and the MiSTer is meant to be a more vanilla 3.1 A1200 experience. My opinion though is that really if you're looking to just run the Amiga core then once it's out, the Vampire standalone will presumably beat them all, but clearly it's more expensive than MiSTer in particular and is not yet proven.

For what it's worth I am yet to be 100% on the MiSTer. I DO like it and it IS great but there's only so much development to go around and certainly in the time I've had mine and been following it there hasn't been much movement on the Amiga side and I've seen movement with the MiSTer core itself and the Linux side that I can easily see going in a direction that I don't really have any interest in.

That's the danger of a more "jack of all trades" approach though.
Old 07 July 2019, 03:37   #30
NorthWay

Too bad you can't buy a Replay yet, I've only been waiting for 5(?) years now.
Old 01 September 2019, 23:13   #31
petarku

Hi guys ,
I just bought mister, ioboard and usb hub and have problem to configure joystick on it.
how did you manage to configure amiga joysticks with mister fpga. I have usb hub 1.2 and tried to configure competition pro usb. In the joystick configuration menu, only down,right and fire is detected but not left and up. Joystick is working normally in mac using the fsuae ?! I am using latest mister and menu files and latest minimig. I have checked usb hub and it is working fine on mac and fsuae . I tried to configure tac2 using db9tousb adapter and the same is happening , i cannot configure left and up.
Then i tried to configure joystick connected to keyrah v2. in this case I can configure joystick but after if press enter to finish configuration nothing is happening when i start the game ?

Any help or clue what to try configure is welcome as this is driving me nuts.
I bought it to mainly just for amiga.
Old 01 September 2019, 23:59   #32
R4M

Works for me. Maybe your keyboard is interfering or the power supply is insufficient ( long cables, too much drain from other devices). Try to use an additional power source for your hub.
Old 02 September 2019, 00:05   #33
bbond007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hewitson View Post
How well does the Neo Geo emulator work?
NeoGeo is getting really good, but you will need a new (larger) 64MB SDRAM board to run some games.
Old 02 September 2019, 01:59   #34
petarku

@R4M i tried different things , connected different keyboards , connected other usb hub from friend's raspberry pi and all the time is the same issue with both joysticks.
My usb hub is connected to power source but the same power source that I use for mister. I dont have many devices connected , just keyboard and joystick so I was of the opinion that it should have enough power but I will try separate power source just for hub when i can source one. Do you know is there any way to debug what is happening?
I might open a topic on mister subforum on atari forums to see if anyone can help there.
Old 02 September 2019, 02:22   #35
R4M

I use an external hub. Keyboard and mouse do not work reliably without a direct connection between hub and power.

Did you try other cores? You can connect to the mister console using one of the usb connections to get the debug output. The alternative I use, is to ssh to mister, kill the MiSTer process and start it again. Then the debug output will be bound to the ssh terminal. I'm not sure about joysticks, but keyboard events are sent to the debug output.
Old 02 September 2019, 11:26   #36
petarku

I didnt try any other cores as Amiga is my main thing. But I have problem to configure joystick on the start of mister , not just on miminig core so I think it will not matter which core I use. At the moment i use power splitter cable for usb hub and mister, I will try to source another power supply just for usb hub and try it.
I am really interested in some debuging so will connect mister to network and try some of the things . Thank you for your suggestions and time.
Old 21 September 2019, 14:26   #37
RoC

I am not sure this helps, however I have been using the USB XBox Elite on the MiSTer usb hub with the mister power and it works just great. I can manage the menu as well as many cores, amiga included.

There is also a Bluetooth mini keyboard and the two work together.
Old 26 September 2019, 12:05   #38
Heppaz

I've hit a brick wall here. I am trying to get my MisTer to connect to the interwebs using this guide:
http://www.geocities.ws/allforamiga/...Umfy5PTmP1o6TA

Everything goes lovely, when I click 'Online' it shows me connected, but the only thing I can ping is my router. Not even another PC on my network. In the DNS part, I also added my router, but no joy. Now I know it's not DNS related as the google ones work fine on my real amiga and the fact I cant ping any other ip's on the network means it cant be DNS related.
Does anyone have a clue what I can look at here to troubleshoot?
Old 28 September 2019, 06:54   #39
MickGyver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heppaz View Post
I've hit a brick wall here. I am trying to get my MisTer to connect to the interwebs using this guide:
http://www.geocities.ws/allforamiga/...Umfy5PTmP1o6TA

Everything goes lovely, when I click 'Online' it shows me connected, but the only thing I can ping is my router. Not even another PC on my network. In the DNS part, I also added my router, but no joy. Now I know it's not DNS related as the google ones work fine on my real amiga and the fact I cant ping any other ip's on the network means it cant be DNS related.
Does anyone have a clue what I can look at here to troubleshoot?
Maybe this thread can give you some hints? They seem to be using AmiTCP though.
Old 04 October 2019, 10:59   #40
Mickoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by MickGyver View Post
Maybe this thread can give you some hints? They seem to be using AmiTCP though.
Do you have a GW address set? You can access all addresses on your own subnet without a gateway, but if you need to access another external address, you need to go via the gateway