Have you ever heard about the wind? ;-)
Old 09 January 2019, 23:08   #22
fgh

Haha, never heard of him

It looks off though
Old 09 January 2019, 23:53   #23
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

I gave a try to the PC playable demo. Did someone manage to kill the big blue beast ?
I touched it 32 times before it makes some special big red "hadoken" missile who came to blow my face off !
Old 10 January 2019, 00:58   #24
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by fgh View Post
Cool graphics!

I think the clouds are moving way too fast, and the mountains need to move as well.
If the mountains cannot move it would be better to stop the clouds from moving as well
You view an internal tech test, clouds moving fast because we need test lot of elements moving fast without dropped frames on standard A1200.
Old 10 January 2019, 01:00   #25
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
I gave a try to the PC playable demo. Did someone manage to kill the big blue beast ?
I touched it 32 times before it makes some special big red "hadoken" missile who came to blow my face off !
Don’t waste time with Pc , wait for the Amiga version.
Old 10 January 2019, 01:46   #26
fgh

Quote:
Originally Posted by kikems View Post
You view an internal tech test, clouds moving fast because we need test lot of elements moving fast without dropped frames on standard A1200.
Cool, it makes sense. Keep up the good work. I regret my comment
Old 10 January 2019, 08:50   #27
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Don’t waste time with Pc , wait for the Amiga version.
Who said it was forbidden to train in the meantime?
Old 10 January 2019, 09:17   #28
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

First off, congratulations for discovering this amazing project Wonderboy Bobi has created.

This is really amazing pixel art, and for what is already existing it seems to be a nice and quite playable game as well.

Plus it really captures that SOTB/Psygnosis art style and elevates it to what might have been, if the Amiga existed a bit longer.

On your demo, it really looks extremely well made.
I think you need to cut back on all those parallax layers (I count 5) in one of the original games scenes. But going from the colour count, most other stuff is really doable on an AGA machine. Again, amazing pixel art and palette mastery which takes using just 4 colours for creating a scenery layer to its extremes...

I am happy we have now quite some nice and ambitioned projects going on for our OCS and AGA Amigas. (especially after all that crap we had experienced here over the last few weeks)

2019 and 2020 will be amazing for the classic Amiga.
Old 10 January 2019, 11:16   #29
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steril707 View Post
On your demo, it really looks extremely well made.
I think you need to cut back on all those parallax layers (I count 5) in one of the original games scenes. But going from the colour count, most other stuff is really doable on an AGA machine. Again, amazing pixel art and palette mastery which takes using just 4 colours for creating a scenery layer to its extremes...
Fortunately the pixel art of François is very good and he only uses the necessary colors for sprites, for that reason in AGA practically we have not had to reduce colors in almost any graphic.
About parallax you can view 5 layers in the ground and another 5 layers in the clouds. We choose the plain scene as demo for show our AGA code of the project because is the more complex parallax scene in the game, the rest of the game is technically more easy to do but add IA.
Old 10 January 2019, 11:43   #30
kikems

We have been doing games or experiments of games since 2 or 3 years and trying to progress game by game. At the same time we try to find alliances and create a working group composed with a largest number of people, but that is not always easy. Setting up a work team that works like a Swiss watch takes time. Fortunately now we think we are ready to take a step forward in the quality of our games and we hope that both EON and Hard Copy Party are our two best games so far, but lower than the next ones we will do in the future.
Old 10 January 2019, 12:05   #31
Selur

how many games did you produce before?
Old 10 January 2019, 12:07   #32
Estrayk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Selur View Post
how many games did you produce before?
https://www.lemonamiga.com/games/lis...r=Amiga%20Wave
Old 10 January 2019, 12:15   #33
kikems

Goblins make few intros and demos in ASM, and few games like Kaizoukoban, Sir Ababol and more ( sorry not remember now ). I addition we try to help other friends like IceVan with Uwol or Jude with Ego Wings, and few others like Zener with Redpill, etc...

Sometimes we can finish the projects and sometimes this projects are delayed, all member have his real live with his own daily problems, sometimes member can invest more time and sometimes no. Welcome to the homebrew life.

Last edited by kikems; 10 January 2019 at 12:22.
Old 10 January 2019, 12:21   #34
viddi

Great stuff!! Can´t wait to play the Amiga version.

Please consider a boxed version.
Old 10 January 2019, 12:27   #35
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
[...] At the same time we try to find alliances and create a working group composed with a largest number of people, but that is not always easy.
May I ask if the original author is involved in any way in this conversion. Did Wonderboy Bobi (François Perez) provide you the gfx ?
Old 10 January 2019, 12:58   #36
Tigerskunk
Inviyya Dude!

Quote:
About parallax you can view 5 layers in the ground and another 5 layers in the clouds.
[ Show youtube player ]

Going by that scene in the video of the windows version, I count layers with a colour usage around the "worth" of around 9 full screen bitplanes (3 in the foreground, 2,2,1,1).

Your demo is really nice, and I am not sure what the technical side behind it is built up to, but the stuff I see there could be done with some sprite and copper trickery as well...

In that scene though there is just A WHOLE LOT of full screen parallax being seen, and personally I don't have any idea how I would implement that. Even on an AGA machine.

If you do, then kudos to you...

(Please don't take anything I wrote as an offense. I merely post this on the hope of having a technical discussion, since I am interested in these kind of things )

Once again, I am amazed by the pixel art shown by Wonderboy Bobi, and your demo looks really promising. Please keep us updated on your progress...

This, along McGeezers Rygar, could be the game that shows the world what AGA is really capable of...
Old 10 January 2019, 12:58   #37
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by malko View Post
May I ask if the original author is involved in any way in this conversion. Did Wonderboy Bobi (François Perez) provide you the gfx ?
Of course, we have an agreement signed with François. François will work with us to add few extras in the Amiga version.
Old 10 January 2019, 13:10   #38
Aladin

Very good projects.
good luck to the team goblins

Original thread pc version 2014:
https://www.amigaimpact.org/forums/t...spire-de-sotb/
Old 10 January 2019, 13:40   #39
malko
Ex nihilo nihil

Quote:
Of course, we have an agreement signed with François. François will work with us to add few extras in the Amiga version.

(ps: ask him to give me a hint for the big blue beast . This kind of "hadoken" sucks... )
Old 10 January 2019, 13:43   #40
kikems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aladin View Post
Very good projects.
good luck to the team goblins

Original thread pc version 2014:
https://www.amigaimpact.org/forums/t...spire-de-sotb/
As you can view in the amigaimpact forum, François ( Wonderboy Bobi ) it's an old Amiga fan too.