English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Support > support.Other

Old 10 March 2022, 10:40   #681
Lisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTomorrow View Post
The second question - how can I add whdload packages to an existing WB image? This post is outdated now and the directory structure is quite different than in 1.6.3 archives.
I did this recently and just download user-packages, copy the whdload lhas in the corresponding directory, run build-install-entries.ps1, mount the user packages directory in uae, open the user packages installer in amigaos and proceed to the installation of the whdload packs. By default they will be installed under DH1:
Old 10 March 2022, 20:28   #682
TommyTomorrow

Well, I was hoping that Cyberhead97 will answer but... Anyway... Can you tell me Lisko, how exactly did you do that? After installing OS3.2, you have to burn the image to CF card so if you want to add something, you have to mount this image as a drive in Winuae but you can't load configuration from HstWB because it has other drives like amigaosdir, kickstartdir and userpackages dir so... I've loaded my winuae HstWB configuration, removed those directories and added hstwb_user_package_installation_1.6.3 directory which also includes WHDLoad Packs with additional content but after executing UserPackage_Installation, I get

Code:
Done

Building user packages menu for installation...

Done
EXECUTE: Unmatched quotes in "T:Install-User-Packages"
unmatched quotes
Old 10 March 2022, 21:29   #683
Lisko

Quote:
Well, I was hoping that Cyberhead97 will answer but... Anyway... Can you tell me Lisko, how exactly did you do that? After installing OS3.2, you have to burn the image to CF card so if you want to add something, you have to mount this image as a drive in Winuae but you can't load configuration from HstWB because it has other drives like amigaosdir, kickstartdir and userpackages dir so... I've loaded my winuae HstWB configuration, removed those directories and added hstwb_user_package_installation_1.6.3 directory which also includes WHDLoad Packs with additional content but after executing UserPackage_Installation, I get

Code:
Done

Building user packages menu for installation...

Done
EXECUTE: Unmatched quotes in "T:Install-User-Packages"
unmatched quotes
I don't remember issues, what's inside "T:Install-User-Packages"? Maybe you need userpackages assign? Have you ran the the ps1 script after putting the lhas in the folders?
Old 10 March 2022, 21:59   #684
TommyTomorrow

I run build_install_entries.cmd in WHDLoad Packs then UserPackage-Installation in AmigaOS.
Old 11 March 2022, 00:19   #685
cyberhead97

Quote:
Can someone tell me how does select WHDLoad entries work? If an exact game has multiple language choice in game, let's say we have a one game in the packages, with EN/DE/ES languages included and one EN only and I would like to install EN language games only, does it mean the list will look like this?

Skip: DE language (1 entries)
Install: EN language (2 entries)
Skip: ES language (1 entries)

I have a CF 8GB card and it's not enough to install all games in all languages so I wanted to know what can I exclude from the list? I don't want to install duplicated games.

The second question - how can I add whdload packages to an existing WB image? This post is outdated now and the directory structure is quite different than in 1.6.3 archives.
If you for example select to install EN entries and skip DE entries, then english language games will be installed and german language games will be skipped. But if a given english game comes with multi languages support built-in like german, spanish in the same single entry then it will still be included as it has english language.

To reduce duplicates, click on "Selected entries set" and select "Install best version of identical entries." when installing whdload packs user package to have only one entry for each game installed. This will consider CD32/CDTV versions of games better than AGA/OCS, which is not always desired as some CD32/CDTV versions of games use audio tracks for music and those are not present in whdloads. If that is not desired, then skip CD32/CDTV to have AGA/OCS considered as better versions.

To add whdload packages to an existing image you need to download hstwb package installation and hstwb user package installation, extract those and run them from winuae adding the directories as harddrives. First use hstwb package installation to install menues, next use hstwb user package installation to install whdload packs.

Before whdload packs can be installed they need to be prepared as described here https://github.com/henrikstengaard/h...-WHDLoad-Packs.
Old 11 March 2022, 00:26   #686
cyberhead97

Quote:
At first, thank you for a great app I have OS 3.1.4 installed but today I wanted to make a new image with OS 3.2 (I use 8gb self install image with packages, v. 1.6.3) but I have a few questions:

1. When I run hstwb_image_setup.cmd, I get some errors

Code:
You cannot call a method on a null-valued expression.
At P:\HstWB\8gb_hstwb_1.6.3\hstwb_image_setup.ps1:51 char:9
+         $md5Files.Add(@{
+         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : InvalidOperation: (:) [], RuntimeException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : InvokeMethodOnNull

This installer detects my 3.2 kickstart and 3.2 adf's but also says

Code:
- 1 Amiga OS 3.1 adf files detected 'amiga-os-310-workbench.adf'

I don't have this adf in 8gb_hstwb_1.6.3 folder and subfolders. When I finally load hstwb-installer_a1200.uae with newest WinUAE it says

https://imgur.com/a/kyPCIhg

and I don't know what is going on?

--edit--

Well... I've found amiga-os-310-workbench.adf' in amigaos folder, not 3.1 subfolder. I don't know how that happen. Now the installer works as it should

--edit 2--

It seems that hstwb_image_setup.ps1 is the issue there because after executing hstwb_image_setup.cmd it's copying amiga-os-310-workbench.adf to amigaos folder and I had to delete it manually.
hstwb_image_setup script will copy adf files from Cloanto Amiga Forever, if installed or iso is mounted.

to avoid this, use hstwb_image_setup_patch_only script as it only updated winuae and fs-uae config files.
Old 11 March 2022, 00:29   #687
cyberhead97

Quote:
Originally Posted by vatastala View Post
Hi Cyberhead97, thak you for the explanation. I was able to install version 1.6.3 on my rasp3 (not B+) and It runs very very well, fantastic work!!!

I installed with ClassicWB Picasso 96, and I set the screen resolution to 192x1080. Could you confirm that the maximum color value is 256? Or should I be able to have more colors? In case, which way?

Thank you
I'm quite sure it's possible to have more than 256 colors in 1920x1080 resolution picasso 96. Maybe the emulated picasso gfx card memory needs to be increased in Amiberry or UAE4ARM?

Last edited by cyberhead97; 11 March 2022 at 08:08.
Old 11 March 2022, 14:20   #688
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Using the UAEgfx in Picasso96 should be able to do 16bit colours, hell mine is set to 32bit BGRA
Old 11 March 2022, 18:20   #689
cloverskull

I am trying to build a new desktop using Workbench 3.2.1 as well as BestClassicWB.

So far my workflow is to use HSTWBInstaller to install base 3.2.1 which I then manually add BestClassicWB.

What I’d like to do is, after that step, re-launch the HSTWBInstaller tool to install additional packages (WHDLoad packs, for example). Is there a simple way to do this?

Alternatively, is there a simple way to add BestClassicWB to the baseline 3.2 installer? It’s fairly straightforward, simply run the BestClassicWB install script on top of a barebones 3.2 (or 3.2.1) installation.

Thanks!
Old 12 March 2022, 09:32   #690
vatastala

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberhead97 View Post
I'm quite sure it's possible to have more than 256 colors in 1920x1080 resolution picasso 96. Maybe the emulated picasso gfx card memory needs to be increased in Amiberry or UAE4ARM?
Oooooh yesss, adding more memory solved the issue. Thank you very much
Old 13 March 2022, 21:25   #691
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Is there a way to choose different icon sets? I recall this coming with New Icons/Glow Icons but now seems like everything is MWB icons. Is this already a feature? if not could it be?
Old 15 March 2022, 21:41   #692
TommyTomorrow

Quote:
hstwb_image_setup script will copy adf files from Cloanto Amiga Forever, if installed or iso is mounted.

to avoid this, use hstwb_image_setup_patch_only script as it only updated winuae and fs-uae config files.
Thank you for the answers. The funny thing is that... I don't have Cloanto and I have no iso mounted while running hstwb scripts.
Old 16 March 2022, 08:51   #693
Lisko

Quote:
The is an issue with A1200 and Blizzard 1230 that causes EasyMod (background music player) to be silent. I have the same issue my self with my A1200 Blizzard MKIV and I'm considering replacing EasyMod with HippoPlayer to see if this helps.

Without knowing exactly thats causing it, I suspect it's some memory use area conflict.
I replaced easymod with delitracker 2 and "cx_popup no" option in s:ags2music script and it works great now! Maybe not the best option for low-end amigas but with a 50mhz 030 it starts playing the mods pretty fast.
Old 28 March 2022, 17:07   #694
lineacero

Hello, someone help me to install it on psvita please.
Old 03 April 2022, 16:47   #695
TommyTomorrow

Cyberhead, since Cloanto rom kicstart files are not encrypted anymore is it possible to use them without rom.key?
Old 04 April 2022, 02:10   #696
enigma776
Bringer of Death

Quote:
Cyberhead, since Cloanto rom kicstart files are not encrypted anymore is it possible to use them without rom.key?
They should register as "Original" disks or they do for me.
Old 06 April 2022, 21:19   #697
boondoggle

Quote:

I got similar errors when kickstart files where named with "[]" chars. Are the os files md5 checked via the script aswell?
Old 06 April 2022, 22:24   #698
TommyTomorrow

When I try to install OS 3.2 (adf's in \amigaos\amiga-os-3.2\) with 3.2.1 adf's in amigaos\amiga-os-3.2.1\ folder, I got "install os 3.2 from floppies" option only and I have to insert adf's one by one. I think it's a bug. I tried 4gb image, I don't know if it's the same with the others. Without 3.2.1 adf's, there are two options to choose.

About kickstart files... I tried two (kicka1200 and kickCDTVa1000a500a2000a600) from os3.2 (A1200.47.102 and CDTVA500A600A2000.47.102 from 3.2.1 too) cd and I don't know why the script doesn't want to install them to WHDLoad (I've also copied them to \userpackages\Kickstart roms\Kickstarts\) but that didn't help.
Old 06 April 2022, 22:55   #699
boondoggle

Quote:
When I try to install OS 3.2 (adf's in \amigaos\amiga-os-3.2\) with 3.2.1 adf's in amigaos\amiga-os-3.2.1\ folder, I got "install os 3.2 from floppies" option only and I have to insert adf's one by one. I think it's a bug. I tried 4gb image, I don't know if it's the same with the others. Without 3.2.1 adf's, there are two options to choose.

About kickstart files... I tried two (kicka1200 and kickCDTVa1000a500a2000a600) from os3.2 (A1200.47.102 and CDTVA500A600A2000.47.102 from 3.2.1 too) cd and I don't know why the script doesn't want to install them to WHDLoad (I've also copied them to \userpackages\Kickstart roms\Kickstarts\) but that didn't help.

Same for me. The kickstarts are recognized but it fails to install and recognize them in the amiga emulator install menus. I´m on the 16Gb version.
Old 06 April 2022, 22:58   #700
boondoggle

Quote:
Originally Posted by boondoggle View Post
Same for me. The kickstarts are recognized but it fails to install and recognize them in the amiga emulator install menus. I´m on the 16Gb version.

As for the workbench disks it seems to only be the cloanto disks that you dont have to fiddle with the disc swapping for?

A trick i remember now is to shrink the size of the window to have a much quicker install if you have a lot of whdload games/demos to install