English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Main > Retrogaming General Discussion

Old 09 August 2002, 00:32   #1
Overdoc
Commodore Collector

Apidya II

Well, I am afraid this has been discussed lots of times before, but I am still looking for an answer on what's the difference between Apidya cracks and the ones which say Apiday II ( e.g. Global Overdose & Wanted Team crack ) ???

I always thought this was just some crackers being fooled by this japan symbol in the middle, but now I noticed that the 'II' versions also display 'Audios' instead of 'Kaiko' at the beginning !

Has anyone playtested the 'II' versions to be completely sure there is no other difference than this ?
The first 2 levels look identical to me, but although I finished this game years ago I don't want to spend all the time to play it 'till the end again.
But there might be additional or modified levels....
Anyone knows ?
Old 09 August 2002, 05:46   #2
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

There's an Apidya version WITHOUT the II in the title?

I could play my Apidya version 'til the end easily for you , and tell you what's the levels are alike, if you want (And my version has II in the title.. like I said, I NEVER saw a version WITHOUT the II in the title)

Hmm.. Do that would be nice, I always wanted to do a review of Apidya to shmups.com too..
Old 09 August 2002, 07:41   #3
Amiga1992

Re: Apidya II

Quote:
Originally posted by Overdoc
I always thought this was just some crackers being fooled by this japan symbol in the middle, but now I noticed that the 'II' versions also display 'Audios' instead of 'Kaiko' at the beginning !
I think one might be beta and the other might be final. The original running under WHDLoad says A.U.D.I.O.S. And the crackers might have used the II so they would go like "HEY, this is a new game we cracked!"

There is just one game, Apidya II, we all read that the II was a joke or something, and no, both versions have the II in there Shatterhand. Play it anyway and shove us a review The difference is what Overdoc says, one displays A.U.D.I.O.S. at the beginning while the other displays KAIKO.

The symbol in the middle is not japanese, it's simply the roman symbol for two, II

Oh, and those "Apidya II" cracks never worked on my A600.. Shite cracks I'd say.

I'd say there's a possibility of the "II" versions having some different stuff if. as I presume, they are newer revisions than the others.
Old 09 August 2002, 08:31   #4
Shatterhand
Warhasneverbeensomuchfun

I'll do it I just need to find some time between my new job, my computers course, my relationship with my girlfriend, the 2 games I am coding, the series I am writing (www.shatterhand.hpg.com.br/lendas.htm - only applies if you can read portuguse and you study where I do I.E. no one here )

Real life is not easy, I tell you
Old 09 August 2002, 08:54   #5
Amiga1992

Quote:
Originally posted by Shatterhand
I'll do it I just need to find some time between my new job, my computers course, my relationship with my girlfriend, the 2 games I am coding, the series I am writing
I just found out which one you can completely ditch in favour of playing Apidya. Can you guess which one?
Old 09 August 2002, 22:26   #6
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Lamers

Ok, you can blame Fairlight for this one

It all started out with Robocop 3 Platinum Edition (Budget release). This was going to be NOMAD's last release for Fairlight, because it worked on AGA Amiga's, unlike the first version of Robocop 3. We stuck a txt message to it explaining why we released it (because it worked on AGA, no other reason), and it seemed to give others an excuse for re-releasing other budget titles.

With the exception of the Team 17 games, very few (VERY few!) games that were re-released were any different, but that didn't stop groups claiming otherwise.

By the time people wondered about Apidya, no one really knew whether it was fake or not.

The game itself is the same as the Quartex crack that was released first time around, except a title logo was changed.

Thats it.. mystery over I'm afraid!

Put it this way, if it was such an important release.... do you think GOD or Wanted Team would have gotten there first?
Old 10 August 2002, 01:53   #7
Amiga1992

Woo! thanks for the info Galahad
Old 10 August 2002, 02:26   #8
Twistin'Ghost
Give up the ghost

Re: Lamers

Quote:
Originally posted by Galahad/FLT
Put it this way, if it was such an important release.... do you think GOD or Wanted Team would have gotten there first?
LOL! Wanted Team at least has its notch in the Amiga cracking hierarchy for all of those obscure Polish games they released. But GOD...they would just release ANYTHING that wasn't already there. I think of them as budget crackers due to the significance of the titles they released (their releases were useful to 96oo baud couriers, though).

So, did the big boy crack groups really look over the budget releases, as well, to determine if it was a release worthy of bothering with?
Old 10 August 2002, 10:00   #9
torr

just to clear things up

d is for Deuteros

Old 10 August 2002, 12:16   #10
Galahad/FLT
Going nowhere

Robocop 3 the exception

It was a pride thing. FLT released the first version of Robocop 3 and it was a landmark title because of its protection system, it had a lot of 'kudos' attached to it, and the last thing we wanted was it being wiped out by another groups version.

So, we simply ensured that whatever version of RB3 you had, it was a FLT one

We didn't actively look at any others, but it gave people an excuse to keep doing it, after all, if FLT can do it, who else would bitch and moan about it...... sad!
Old 24 April 2006, 10:41   #11
-TCB!-

It shocks me that after 10+ years I still have the urge to respond to this As one of the 2 founding fathers of GOD, the remark 'hurts' but I can't say it is false. We did put out anything we could get our hands on (those Simulmondo games....), but we had a half-decent release now and then. In retrospect, it is easy to wonder why GOD was able to release it. At that very moment, it was competition as any other release. I wonder whether we put it out with trainer rigth away or released it later ?