English Amiga Board

Go Back   English Amiga Board > Misc > Amiga websites reviews

Old 02 September 2022, 15:30   #1
NunoUFO

Arrow Individual Computers

Not really a review, but has any one used icomp.de recently?

I've purchased an Indivision AGA MK3 for A4000/CD32 last Friday 26th August.

Did not get any confirmation emails, tried to email them and no replies, tried registering on their online shop without success since I'm not getting any emails from them.

Has anyone else experienced this with IComp? And if so have you been able to get your orders?

Thank you
Nuno
Old 02 September 2022, 15:41   #2
wiz12

I might be wrong but I think they were on holidays recently, it could have been during that period you placed an order. I would contact Jens and inquire.
Old 02 September 2022, 15:49   #3
NunoUFO

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiz12 View Post
I might be wrong but I think they were on holidays recently, it could have been during that period you placed an order. I would contact Jens and inquire.

I figured it could've been that. Shame they don't have any updates, on their page they onlly mention July holidays.

Did email Jens, so far no reply.

Perhaps next week

Thank you
Old 02 September 2022, 15:58   #4
DisasterIncarna

got a Chameleon MK2 to replace my older MK1 as well as bagging the up to date P96 very recently, all was well, they kinda made things a bit weird/hard to get a replacement breakout cable for the MK1 which you cant just buy in the shop for some weird reason so just thought bollocks to it and got the MK2.

The shop for me at least takes ages to load, almost to the point where it seems like its not responding but it loads eventually, bought everything without issue, my only surprise for later was me remembering the UK had brexit, so we have to pay for good old import charges again, which stung me for an extra £49 payable to UPS.

Got my stuff tho, zero actual issues with them so whatever issues you might be having i can only assume is temporary.
Old 03 September 2022, 00:36   #5
spudje

I ordered something on Sunday and it arrived on Wednesday. I also received confirmation emails. Their holiday is already over, check the relevant news item on their site.

Their website is troublesome lately though (mainly very slow) and they're working on a replacement. Maybe check with Jens himself about your order status.
Old 03 September 2022, 04:35   #6
Leon Besson
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NunoUFO View Post
Not really a review, but has any one used icomp.de recently?

I've purchased an Indivision AGA MK3 for A4000/CD32 last Friday 26th August.

Did not get any confirmation emails, tried to email them and no replies, tried registering on their online shop without success since I'm not getting any emails from them.

Has anyone else experienced this with IComp? And if so have you been able to get your orders?

Thank you
Nuno
Last time I spent money with iComp was beginning of this year on P96. Just need to be patient Bromigo! Not all companies work weekends
Old 03 September 2022, 15:25   #7
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by NunoUFO View Post
I figured it could've been that. Shame they don't have any updates, on their page they onlly mention July holidays.

Did email Jens, so far no reply.

Perhaps next week

Thank you
Ask in the forum he is active there.

https://forum.icomp.de/
Old 09 February 2023, 13:28   #8
Triple

hiya steve
spent the last few days buying a black amiga case from
https://www.amiga-shop.net/en/Alinea-Computer:.:11.html and a black amiga 1200 case from icomp.de i paid alot over the odds for these goods as there rare . ive now just been informed by e-mail that there is a £45 export charge to be paid for on delivery even after i already paid excessive amout for delivery have you herd of this b4 ?. and is it right ?. im thinking of just ignoring it and letting them take it back at this rate whats our thoughts ?. i noticed you also sell the black case but are out of stock atm when are you getting them back in ?. and do you know another place to buy a indivision mk3 from that is simple to just pay and it be delivered ?.
Old 09 February 2023, 13:55   #9
S0ulA55a551n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
hiya steve
https://www.amiga-shop.net/en/Alinea-Computer:.:11.html and a black amiga 1200 case from icomp.de i paid alot over the odds for these goods as there rare . ive now just been informed by e-mail that there is a £45 export charge to be paid for on delivery even after i already paid excessive amout for delivery have you herd of this b4 ?. and is it right ?. im thinking of just ignoring it and letting them take it back at this rate whats our thoughts ?. i noticed you also sell the black case but are out of stock atm when are you getting them back in ?. and do you know another place to buy a indivision mk3 from that is simple to just pay and it be delivered ?.
Yes since brexit we now have to pay taxes on everything imported into the uk, The sellers cant add this taxes on.

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty
Old 09 February 2023, 13:56   #10
FOL
PSPUAE DEV

Send a message via MSN to FOL
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple View Post
hiya steve

We are not in EU anymore, so customs will have you. export charge will be customs.
Old 09 February 2023, 14:13   #11
RoC

Individual Computers

Alinea and icomp are not responsible of the export taxes, we face the same when we import goods from UK shops.

For instance, in 2021 I bought an expansion for the equivalent of 120 euro on eBay and paid 35 euro for duty&custom (taxes are calculated on the cost of the item plus shipment). I learned that lesson for the future.

Go for a UK shop or maybe try a US one, although the second has likely taxes too.

Last edited by RoC; 09 February 2023 at 14:33.
Old 09 February 2023, 14:41   #12
Triple

ah ok i wasnt sure if this was another example of a scam thanks for your answers
Old 09 February 2023, 14:47   #13
Triple

yeah i understand i wasnt sure it was right tho as i paid 30ish eruo for delivery .. that seem odd but hey ... also there are no uk sellers for a indivision mk3 or black a1200 case and black keycaps so i had to do a world wide search .
Old 09 February 2023, 14:50   #14
Triple

i guess if i handt have been so impatient i could have got my friend who lives in germany to buy it for me and send it to me lol . or when hes over next bring it too me
Old 09 February 2023, 17:26   #15
RetroPassionUK
RetroPassion

Quote:
Originally Posted by S0ulA55a551n View Post
Yes since brexit we now have to pay taxes on everything imported into the uk, The sellers cant add this taxes on.

https://www.gov.uk/goods-sent-from-abroad/tax-and-duty
They can but is costly and complicated, it's called IOSS whereby you charge the countries VAT at the checkout and then on your VAT return (if you're a business) that goes to the country in question.

Ebay do it, if I was to buy from the EU, UK VAT would be added to the postage at the checkout and then an IOSS number added to the postage label so it passes through customs with an extra charge.

This a very over-simplistic explanation but you get the idea.
Old 09 February 2023, 21:52   #16
S0ulA55a551n

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPassionUK View Post
They can but is costly and complicated, it's called IOSS whereby you charge the countries VAT at the checkout and then on your VAT return (if you're a business) that goes to the country in question.

Ebay do it, if I was to buy from the EU, UK VAT would be added to the postage at the checkout and then an IOSS number added to the postage label so it passes through customs with an extra charge.

I should have said, it doesn't make sense for small business to try and deal with multiple territories tax implications as its such a head ache
Old 10 February 2023, 09:41   #17
xc8
no c= no fun

effin UPS charges a lot, I recently sent an old SBC as gift to a friend in EU, I used the UPS as the postage cost was low (£11) and the last time I had a really bad time with RM sending abroad, the guy had to pay 20 eur , JUST for the UPS 'customs/broker fees' - not that I had to print 4 A4s for the f documentation - incl a "commercial" invoice (wtf they ask commercial invoices from individuals?) . screw them all.
Old 13 February 2023, 14:15   #18
Orionis5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RetroPassionUK View Post

Actually IOSS if used properly (package also registered in IOSS system) is less costly as regular post + customs charges when arrived to country.

By the way @RetroPassionUK I am trying to contact you regarding my Atari 1040 STe refurbished order since last year. Still waiting for answer or shipping please (more on mail and or direct message here).